It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is our universe, can you really comprehend it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Hey ATS, I came across this video and I thought it was really well done and made me think a little. When thinking about the universe and the sheer vastness of the things around us it seems impossible that the human mind can even comprehend such a thing. Check out the videos below.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
A single verse of a song. makes you wonder how the rest of it goes.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
DAMN the stars at the end of the second vid made me feel SO incredibly insignificant. fascinating nontheless S+F

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I think a lot of understanding can be down from looking within. things have a way of repeating themselves. For example the 1968 American documentary short film "Powers of Ten" -

edit on 7-11-2010 by NeillieN because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
hi tv, i like they way he expreses his thorts about the stars, that second vid was mind blowing i knew our sun wasent the bigest but the size of that last one was hard to imagine

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaelot

Whoa, dude. I'm with you. The numbers just don't deliver the same impact as the visual.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Yay! I love stuff like this! Great find!
xox

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaelot
DAMN the stars at the end of the second vid made me feel SO incredibly insignificant. fascinating nontheless S+F

No need to feel insignificant, you are an integral part of the fractal universe.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by TV_Nation

S & F!

I always love watching videos similar to this. I've come to the conclusion that as man progresses in the understanding of the universe, our modern views will one day become as archaic as the views ancient Rome had.

Our view of the universe is analogous to being stranded on an island in the middle of the ocean with only a pair of binoculars. No matter how hard we try, from this vantagre point we'll never be able to see over the horizon.

I'm starting to think that there are as many galaxies in the universe as there are atoms in the universe. I've done the math on this and the answer is infinite.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Namaste1001

The Mandlebrot & Julia set

new topics

top topics

join