It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What "Conspiracy Theories" Mr. President?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   
From Remarks by the President at Galatasary University
Istanbul, Turkey
Today

whitehouse.gov

When some in the Muslim world incite hatred and murder with conspiracy theories and propaganda, their words are also heard -- by a generation of young Muslims who need truth and hope, not lies and anger. All such talk, in America or in the Middle East, is dangerous and reckless and unworthy of any religious tradition.

Okay, "propaganda" I get. And the religion bashing on both sides... understood.

But is it just me? Or when the President talks about "conspiracy theories" my radar goes off. Even moreso when they are "dangerous" and "reckless" yet remain unnamed.

What conspiracy theories? Now I just want to know.
Or does he mean like the ones on ATS that have pretty much convinced me (for example) that the Berg beheading that "started it all" was a US Military Intelligence Op?

If so...it's offical. ATS is DANGEROUS!

Keep up the great work everybody!

[edit on 29-6-2004 by RANT]

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Of course ATS is dangerous...it provides information that opposes Bush. So hes trying to say that all Cospiracy Theories are untrue.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 10:14 AM
link   
[obdisclaimer]I'm no Bush supporter, but . . . [/obdisclaimer]

I think he's referring more to the "9/11 was a plot staged by Mossad to draw the US into open conflict with the Arab enemies of Israel because there were no Jews in New York that day" sort of theory.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   

What conspiracy theories? Now I just want to know. Or does he mean like the ones on ATS that have pretty much convinced me (for example) that the Berg beheading that "started it all" was a US Military Intelligence Op?

Maybe he was talking about the theory / conspiray of the high-ranking officials at the Pentagon and the DOD planning to impeach him.
And arrest him and his cabal for high treason against the people of the United States.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   
he also said in one of his speeches right after nine one one, 'let us not tolerate any conspiracy theories'. such a strange thing to say in the land of free speech. 'not tolerate' theories!? such a strange thing to say period. unless, you realise you and all your dark backroom buddies are going WAAAAY down the river if the truth ever comes out, so that you have to resort to preemptive strikes on the truth as well as on the manufactured enemy.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Obviously the government never heard the phrase "deny ignorance."

I guess when they come up with conspiracy theories on their own its ok, but civilians can't. "All conspiracy theories will be required to receive a stamp of approval from the Federal State before communication is allowed."

Yea, Bush wants to get the protestors, apparently now the "conspiracy theorists", sad sad day.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Pretty soon if you speak against him, you will be labeled a traitor .

We'll have to hire Iraq's old Minister of Information to keep him happy/ deluded.

We wouldn't have" theories" if it wasn't for the truth behind it.

He is scared.

My brother was told at his church to call anyone they know that would consider seeing "Farenheit 911", and convince them otherwise.
He called my mother and got her upset.
He was happy he got his message across.
She is too weak to go to the movies....
nice church....

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 02:21 PM
link   
All this spells censorship, all over in the media, internet, radio, TV and public chats, anything that has to do with the words, government, conspiracy, theories, religion, muslin Iraq, and yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ATS you will be arrested and mysteriously eliminated

Beware members, we are a the top of the list.

This is not joke but sometimes I fee that one day ATS will be taken out of the internet.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   
signs of the coming of the Patriot Act and censorship of your free speech. I think Bush was talking of Conspiracy theories as related to the Michael Moore film and theories that involved him in particular.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Wow, Bush talking about conspiracy theories? Well, I guess his aren't theories though, but facts! So do those apply? Cause if they fact not theory then they can be discussed? Or does he meand scientific defenition of theory where a fact is a theory, like the round earth or around the sun theory that is fact, but is a scientific theory(meaning it can be studied to see why, how, so forth)

Well, all hail the head dick of this dictator#.

Oh, interesting quote.
"When I was young and irresponsible I was young and irresponsible." George W. Bush.
Well, my reply has to be this. "Then grow up already! You aren't young anymore!"

join