It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revelation; Harlot Babylon (Pt1)- "The other woman"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by truthiron

I would certainly be very cautious about trying to imagine what the Mark would look like.
The important point, for me, is that it comes from a Beast claiming to be worshipped as God. So if any human claiming to be worshipped as God is demanding a sign or symbol of loyalty from you, then that sign is the Mark.
If Adolf Hitler had been the Beast (he wasn't), then the Swastika- and perhaps the Hitler Salute as well- would have been the Mark. Anything that says "I worship this one, not God".

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by thegoodearth

Thank you for those comments.
Obviously you disagree with a certain Gnostic gentleman of our acquaintance who says that I talk nonsense, because I have no Knowledge, but only the "consciousness of the thinker".
I am happy to admit that my conclusions are based on exercising thought on what the Bible says, and not on direct personal revelation. I am not holy enough to claim personal revelation.

edit on 9-11-2010 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

Its the right chapter/ number. Its here somewhere under piles of paperwork in this clustered mess..lol

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by oliveoil

Got it! Right chapter and verse, wrong book. (Looked up "habitation" in the concordance)
ISAIAH ch13 vv21-22;
"But wild beasts will lie down there" etc.
Yes, this is a description of the future of Babylon, so of course it fits in with "they will make her desolate"

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Disraeli,

In reply of do I think the mark of the beast is future

Yes it is and no one has suffered death yet for refusing the mark of the beast as it hasn't been enforced yet. It will happen for sure as the Word will not fail. We must know what it is to steer clear of recieving it is for sure.

Truthiron.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   

I now attach a link to the follow-up thread, continuing this mini-series;
"Mother of Abominations"

edit on 19-11-2010 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Disraeli,

The mark of the beast is a mark of disobedience to God and God has a mark for the obedient ones. Before the time of trouble which is now coming upon the world is over all will be ushered into Satan's camp or God's. There are two beasts in Rev. Chap. 13: and verse 11 on applies to Satan and 666 at the end is his number and the mark of the beast will be of him. It really isn't hard to show from the verses in Chap. 13: that Satan is the second beast of the Chap. I must run now and may get back later and show the fit up.

Truthiron.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   

DISRAELI,

In looking further into the great harlot woman this verse may help as it states "all".

Re 18:24 And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth.

That scroll of Prophecy I believe is opened it we find the right pieces and fit them properly and in the right timing. More Christians should be more into it but of course the Salvation issue must not be laid aside for those who have not made their calling and election sure.

Truthiron.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   

DISRAELI,

Some more thoughts on "the other woman", I'm wondering if this mother of harlots isn't shown by the composite of the heads of the beast. Knowing this, the Papacy was the head that took the wound being a religion that the other heads also are religions and that all the religious systems of the world can be put into 7 categories. Some want to make the Papacy the beast but that cannot be and I can show that from verses in Rev. Chap. 13:.

If we boiled it down to having to be the Christian religions it would only be the Papacy, Messianic Jews and Protestantism and Protestantism is now dead in all visible churchs and so becoming harlots after the Papacy they came out of.

There is to be an eighth head and it is Satan.

Re 17:10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space.
Re 17:11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.

The five fallen where proven false when the one that is in Johns day proved to have a redeemer and that would be the sixth which after around 300 yrs become the Papacy and the one to come would be Protestantism that came after and would be number 7. We see the eighth come up in Rev. Chap. 13:11.

Verse 17:11 above says he is of the seven and the eighth "religion", so brings the question, Who is the mother of them all? Cheese gets binding don't it.

These are just some rambling thoughts, mybe more later.

Also I put reply remarks about the mark of the beast on the end of your thread about that, maybe page 6 or 7?

Truthiron.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Thank you for those remarks.
Yes, I'm actually doing a separate thread on the seven kings and the "eighth one" this weekend.
I've been tackling this chapter in stages, because the picture is so complex.
And yes, I noticed your most recent comments on the "Beast", thanks.
I'll go back to them later, but I need to sort out my reply to a non-Christian on the "Abominations" thread.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Oh great, more biblical prophecies...

Enjoy the little pit you have dug for yourselves while it lasts, knowledge fills any gap and the world is moving towards dismissing your royal fairy tales. Seriously, it's 2010, this is ATS. Wake up.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI
Now I'm going to be asking the question; what is the difference between these two women?
Nothing could bring out more clearly the fact that these women are two sides of the same coin.
They are two different versions of Jerusalem.
They are two different versions of God's people, the "faithful" version, and the "unfaithful" version.
(I have added a Supplement in the next post)
edit on 7-11-2010 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

I'll try the " Keep It Simple Stupid." method.
The woman riding on the beast is possessed by satan. Evil!

The woman in the sky, who is giving birth to The Lord Jesus Christ, is beloved and was betrothed by G_D. Good

They are not, two sides of a coin, but are totally separate, like dung and gold.
IMHO

edit on 20-11-2010 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini
Oh great, more biblical prophecies...
Seriously, it's 2010, this is ATS. Wake up.

This is the Prophecies Forum.
Exactly the right place for Biblical Prophecies.
The series will continue over the next few weeks, and your disapproval does not bother me.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
They are not, two sides of a coin, but are totally separate, like dung and gold.

God can see them like that.
But don't forget that the metal is mixed with the dross, the Wheat are mixed with the Tares, and from the human standpoint it may be very difficult to see the difference quite so clearly.
I suggest that this may become a real practical issue.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI

Originally posted by Violater1

God can see them like that.

G_D can see them like how?

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

I mean that God can see who belongs in which group.
I'm not convinced that it will be quite so obvious to us humans on the ground.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
It seems to me that God would know who His children are because we have a personal relationship with Him through prayer. It's like when we were young children and began to get to know our parents. Those relationships grew over time as we got to know them better. Then, many of us got into our teenage years and began to see our parents as idiots. I don't think I truly began to understand and appreciate my parents until I was in my 40s. Understanding takes time. In many ways we are all like the Prodigal Son. It makes sense to me that God would allow us more details about the knowledge and understanding of these kinds of prophetic things only as we are ready to handle them. If we seek God, we only get these things as we get closer to God, over time, even if time doesn't exist for God.

Re "Mystery Babylon", I've often wondered if it is America. We are such a heterogenous mixture of beliefs, cultures, and Faiths, that we must be a mystery to the rest of the world. Then you have all the layers of secret government and the everpresent desire of most of us to make money at any cost. Isn't that what a prostitute does? Maybe then we are the Whore riding on the back of the Beast. I hope you won't laugh at my thoughts here.
edit on 11/20/2010 by deadred because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   

The church is a great place for biblical prophecies I've heard. This place, I've heard, is great for denying ignorance. And right now, your ignorance is being denied.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

I refer you to the rubric at the top of the thread; this forum is for the "discussion of ancient prophecies".
Revelation is an ancient prophecy.
Your "denial" has no practical consequences.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by deadred

Thank you for that contribution.
You're certainly not the first person on ATS forums to suggest that America might be "Babylon".
I've deliberately postponed this more political side of the question for a later thread (which gives me more time to think about it).

edit on 20-11-2010 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join