It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

cosmic climate change

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
in the link below, it sugests scientists have found evedence of climate change out in the cosmos!!

if its true it makes me wonder about climate change here on earth! weather its man made or not, i think its all a cycle it goes threw and it looks like its not just here on earth it happens either!!

just goes to show how little we still know about the universe, and were constantly learning new things about it!!
one of my favourite things to watch on telle is about the universe! so many questions and so much to learn

www.spacedaily.com... Evidence_Of_Cosmic_Climate_Change_999.html
edit on 7-11-2010 by scoobyrob because: (no reason given)

ok i cant get the link to load properly!
here is the URL: www.spacedaily.com...
edit on 7-11-2010 by scoobyrob because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by scoobyrob

Thanks for posting that, the second link works.

"One billion years after the Big Bang, the gas we measured was a 'cool' 8,000 degrees Celsius. By three and a half billion years the temperature had climbed to at least 12,000 degrees Celsius."
Those temperatures sound pretty high. I thought the universe was about 3000K after the big Bang:

www.wwheaton.com...

But apparently they are looking at some specific gas and not the temperature of the universe. If the gas they looked at was being accelerated by getting sucked into black holes, that would heat it up, so it could have a logical explanation like that.

The article talking about one billion years after the big bang got me thinking. That would be a little over 13 billion years ago. So let's say we look at quasars in opposite directions, that are each 13+ billion light years of lookback time.

Those two quasars were 26+ billion light years apart 13+ billion years ago. If the universe was only a little over 1 billion years old, how could those two quasars already be 26+ billion light years apart? All the matter in the universe was only about the size of a fist when inflation ended according to this site:

van.physics.illinois.edu...

That means even after inflation, the universe must have been expanding at 13 times the speed of light even after inflation? I don't know about that, if true it's pretty mind boggling. If the quasars were moving at close to the speed of light, they would only be 2 billion light years apart after 1 billion years (if space wasn't expanding).

new topics

join