It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where do FAILED Predictions and Prophecies live?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Anyone reading ATS cannot help but note the many Predictions and Prophecies threads posted lately, though I would argue that this forum has been consistently active over time and does not lack for thread topics. I'm curious, what happens to FAILED Predictions or Prophecies? Do they simply fade into the background of the forum, never to be seen again? or to be rehashed when the time-line changes? Do they become a HOAX'ed topic and moved to the appropriate forum? Is there some mix of the two options, depending on whose around to moderate?

I've read the forum description: here

This forum is for the discussion of predictions from previously-published clairvoyants (with links), ancient prophecies, and not the random posting of member's predictions. Personal member predictions should be posted on the BTS forum DREAMS & PERSONAL PREDICTIONS.

...and it does seem to me that Predictions and Prophecies are indeed, left to reside in the forum depths, only to be resurrected again in the future. Is this something that is of benefit to the members and readers who seek to Deny Ignorance in their readings, musings, research and ongoing search for "their" truth? How can this be, without having the benefit of previous posted topical threads which have been documented to be: confirmed false, confirmed true or unknown?

I would suggest it is not.

I'm sure the suggestion of a Failed Predictions and Prophecies board has been proposed, I'm not suggesting this course, but I do believe that threads need a "tag" to indicate it has been shown the premise has not come to pass. Should it not be documented, for those who seek similar topics in the future? The question will be: How can that research be of any benefit when there is no indication that it has been evaluated for "truth" or "relevance"?

So ATS - where do you think FAILED Predictions and Prophecies live?

edit on 7-11-2010 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Since there are so many failed ones,. err,.. like all of them
One would think it would be a great place to put them is in a section that is listed as failed
to bad there isn't a way to regulate how predictions are posted.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Thank you. Yes, I understand that regulating or moving threads isn't appropriate, that wasn't my premise. What I'm trying to get across is a means to better help future searchers of said topics. For example: add a "tag" to a thread after it has expired and has faded to the background that identifies it as failed, hoaxed, unknown, or true, etc... In this way, anyone that comes in later and is interested in a similar topic will have a way to research the incredible amount of information here, in a meaningful way. To me, this seems relevant to the Deny Ignorance motto, not to mention the significant help it would be to anyone looking into topics, down the road.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
haha, I agree.

Why tag failed predictions, .... their all failures. The fact that it is not tagged, or even exists, ... should hint at its impending doom.

What frightens me, ... is that with the abundance of predictions being made, out of coincidence at least one of them will eventualy come true. ... and this place will go ape#.

Where do FAILED predictions and prophecies live ??

In our hearts and minds.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
However a big problem we have here is, many do not research before they post.
and I know that it was not yours to say we should regulate.I just think that with the
Flood of predictions that come here, it is to bad there isnt a few steps that the predictors would need to go through before posting. Like as to your example a requirement to search old predictions..

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst

In our hearts and minds.

That concept deserves more thought than many will take the time to consider...

edit on 7-11-2010 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

They get reabsorbed and broken down into their base components where they can be recombined and later reused for another thread.

I would volunteer for the position for tagging the expired prediction threads.
It could be like public service for the community. The streets could be cleared by morning like after Mardi Gras.

These prediction threads have become background noise to other threads in my opinion.
Like stated above, there will be a coincidental hit on occasion and THAT will fuel the insanity moreso until coincidence struck again.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Is this where they are deciding what to do with me?

Rumors of my death are greatly exaggerated.

Seriously though it's tough to say. A Hoax is something that is proven to be fabricated, perhaps maliciously. A failed Prediction is something that is proven to be wrong, or failed to pass....

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Perhaps failed Predictions and Prophecies cause an event NOT to occur.

Therefore when/if you fail to Predict and Prophecise is when the SHTF.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I think they go into a big hat and redrawn by different people. Polished up and given new dates.

I've seen some of the predictions, in one form or another, for over 30 years. This new internet thing makes spreading them just much easier than reading a book about crap.

My old time favorites have been "the coming ice age", all the rage in the late 70's AND the failed US economy since Carter was President.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by hinky
My old time favorites have been "the coming ice age", all the rage in the late 70's AND the failed US economy since Carter was President.

Both of those are TRUE!

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

... the failed US economy since Carter was President.

So it's been failing that long?

Well I guess it makes more sense now why they built the towers.
edit on 7-11-2010 by In nothing we trust because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust
Perhaps failed Predictions and Prophecies cause an event NOT to occur.

Therefore when/if you fail to Predict and Prophecise is when the SHTF.

Ooooh, that's a quagmire in the making, my brain is confuzzled.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
Is this where they are deciding what to do with me?

Rumors of my death are greatly exaggerated.

Seriously though it's tough to say. A Hoax is something that is proven to be fabricated, perhaps maliciously. A failed Prediction is something that is proven to be wrong, or failed to pass....

Lol...

Nah, I wasn't suggesting turning Failed predictions into Hoaxes - Just musing about the need for a tag on those that have passed, for future reference. Though as someone else stated, if a poster fails to search for them, than the point I was making may be moot.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   

I think they go into a big hat and redrawn by different people. Polished up and given new dates.

I've seen some of the predictions, in one form or another, for over 30 years. This new internet thing makes spreading them just much easier than reading a book about crap.

hinky, makes a lot of sense to me and I've seen the same happen over the years. around we go... makes one wonder sometimes how we, as a collective, ever manage to move forward. I guess the balance is kept by the skeptics among us...

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

LadySkadi,

Not to worry about it, when a True one comes, It will speak to you, only True ones happen with a blue moon.

Truthiron.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this thread about failed predictions, I have a solution for this, don't read, flag or star them, I don't, gloom and doom is always going to be around, if something ever happens, hope it doesn't, we more then likely will have no warning, when was the last time we were warned of an earthquake and told to evacuate?

S&F

new topics

top topics

join