It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have any bank customers read this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
In my first thread,
Bank systems down!?
I noticed something unusual with my bank.

In my second thread,
Is YOUR ticket really valid to go on that train?,
I tried to see if anyone out there at all knew soemthing we would appreciate knowing in regards to truth.

In this runner up thread, I would like folks to know of an issue that happened in the UK not long ago, and am hoping the same or worse does not happen again elsewhwere or even worse.

Thousands of online banking customers have accounts emptied by 'most dangerous trojan virus ever created'
Last updated at 7:25 PM on 11th August 2010

www.dailymail.co.uk...
Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...://www.dailymail.co .uk/sciencetech/article-1302062/New-trojan-virus-Zeus-v3-empties-online-bank-accounts.html

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Would something like this affect Canada? Or just the American banks?

If so, Thankfully I have nothing in there to loose anyways

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Canadas finest

If you can prove somehow, what your account balance was, last bank statement I guess, we are insured with our banks for $100,000 minimum, depending on the bank, and the credit union insures your account balance whatever it might be.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Knowing that banks occasionally due their maintenence, system updates, maybe there is a new major system upgrade, either way, people do raise an eyebrow if they go to a bank and have a difficult time getting THEIR money out when they need it.
some folks even have a emergency and desperately need money now.
So, in my first original thread, I was really wondering if others were noticing something strange or different at their banks.

After reading that incident in the UK a while back, it is really hard to tell now these days, with our economy and such, and sometimes we could never know if there has been an attack on our banks (also meaning us).
If there had been an attack, raising cain with the banks wouldnt solve anything.
If there had been an attack, the bank would be just as frantic as us.

As a personal note, I have been a satisfied customer of BofA for MANY years.
I still hope for my money to remain safe in my bank.
So let's cross our fingers and hope things are ok, or if there is a quirk, may it be solved soon..

Meanwhile, let's keep alert, and bring to others attention anything that may seem to be unusual.

Thank you all for visiting my previous threads, and I hope to see you at this one.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Canadas finest

He he lucky you.
the main reason I have money in the bank is it makes it so much easier to pay bills, and especially make a large purchase without holding cash in hand (just think of being robbed when your on your way out to buy a brand new TV?)

Thank you for posting. I would like to see what folks will have to say.
I hope something big doesnt hit banks anywhere. But if things are looking suspicious, let us know.
One good thing is, hopefully my threads will get people to get out of their routine and take notice.
So many of us just by routine can go about our day and not even notice if something is wrong.
Plus, there is so much more (worries) on our minds, that many of us forget to pause and take a look around.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

I am wondering though, if something was to happen, and was huge enough to empty thousands of accounts, even though the banks are insured, where will all that money come from to bring back the effected balance amounts?

Like, through the years, when a bank was robbed, there were ways to make up for that, but if many banks are hit, and thousands of custimers from each bank, then I really do wonder how any of that money could be recovered.....from where?

BTW, thank you for posting.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I would never use any big bank. I have used my local credit union for the past 15 yrs and they actually treat you like a person. They offer free chequing, unlimited free ATM use, free direct deposit, and just gave me a 3.41% rate on a five yr fixed rate mortgage.

In Canada we have 5 major banks and I wouldn't touch any of them...Why?
What is the advantage of using a big bank? None.
I prefer my local credit union where they know my name as opposed to # xxxx-xxx-xx-x.
Local credit unions also give back to the local community in many ways, such as charity and local job creation.

Why anyone uses the big banks is way beyond me.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by triplereiki

I am wondering though, if something was to happen, and was huge enough to empty thousands of accounts, even though the banks are insured, where will all that money come from to bring back the effected balance amounts?

Like, through the years, when a bank was robbed, there were ways to make up for that, but if many banks are hit, and thousands of custimers from each bank, then I really do wonder how any of that money could be recovered.....from where?

Much of it sits as a digital balance covered by assets and investments, I think, and the money makers would just have to make sure the cash was made if people wanted the actual cash. If they didn't cover what was lost, we would lose faith in our banks, and we seem to have a good system here. We had no banking problems over this last money meltdown.

www.craigmarlatt.com...&lists/currency.html

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit

Originally posted by triplereiki

Much of it sits as a digital balance covered by assets and investments, I think, and the money makers would just have to make sure the cash was made if people wanted the actual cash. If they didn't cover what was lost, we would lose faith in our banks, and we seem to have a good system here. We had no banking problems over this last money meltdown.

www.craigmarlatt.com...&lists/currency.html

Hi, your link doesn't work btw. its the: "Much of it sits as a digital balance covered by assets and investments" that worries me, all those assets and investments are inflated...what happens when they deflate?

I agree, we have a much less corrupt banking system to those south of the border, but when assets and investments lose there value...we are all in the same boat.
Keep in mind we have a $1 income to $1.48 household debt ratio, meaning on average, $1 of every household income owes $1.48 in debt...this means big trouble ahead.

We are in just as much shxx as the rest of the planet.

www.theglobeandmail.com...

edit on 7-11-2010 by helltick because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by helltick

I think alot of us use banks not only for convenience, but for safety. It's always good to keep a reasonable amount of cash (for an emergency), but if someone has large sums of cash in their home, it can turn our pretty bad if they are away and their home goes up in flames.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by triplereiki

I keep a fair swack of money in my account just like others for bill payments, etc...
I just prefer a credit union as they don't charge for the service like the big banks do.
Or should I say, like the Pig banks do.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I have absolutely no problem at all keeping the bulk of my funds within a financial institution.
I have all bill's and mortgage automatically come out monthly, which is very convenient.
I just choose to use a CREDIT UNION because they don't charge any fee's for the service.

edit on 7-11-2010 by helltick because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   

I can't get the link to work either now. This is the basis of what was in the link.

Money in Canada is made by two different governmental agencies. Notes (paper currency) are produced by the Bank of Canada. Coins are produced by the Royal Canadian Mint.

Even if our assets are inflated, I think they still have to cover our accounts up to $100,000 if money is stolen from them. Although deflation due to crooked practices, done by certain investment bankers in countries without the proper regulations that put the system in the toilet, the whole world is suffering from that. :shk:

And you're right about the household debt. Those with more debt than assets are not in a good situation, when deflation hits, they won't be able to re-mortgage if that is their debt.

Your Credit Union doesn't have fees? You're lucky, I have both Royal Bank of Canada, and a Credit Union, and I have to pay the same fees at both. My balance is always small, so I'm stuck with fees. I do like that when I walk into the Credit Union, they know me and I can even do a certain amount of banking over the phone, because they know me. It's in a really tiny town, so they are very personal with their clients.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
This should help you my friend:

www.coastcapitalsavings.com...

They even pay annual dividends on your savings or retirement accounts such as rrsp...just to have you around.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   

None in Saskatchewan. Thank you anyway, I might recommend them to my son though....
That's OK. At least even with the fees I get charged, the service is awesome for any bank. So they're worth it, I guess. Once I get past the paying down the loans, and get a bit of savings going, I think they cut out the fees. Right now my goal is to get debt free in 2 years, except the mortgage, then save, save, and save. One month at a time.....

edit on 7-11-2010 by snowspirit because: add

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
No worries man, just offering some advice.
More and more people are now moving to Credit Unions and the Big Banks haven't a chance unless they buck up!
I would love to see the end of Big Corp Banks and I will go to great lengths to educate people to oppose them...including RBC, CIBC, TD, And the others.

Infact I will spend a good chunk of my free time in doing so.

new topics

top topics

join