It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adam Carolla: Men Becoming Chicks

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
What I am saying is that confidence, crossing over to arrogance, is the number 1 trait that women find attractive in men.

You CANNOT speak for women! You're not even a woman! How can you speak for them, much less ALL of them?

Arrogant men make me puke!

You might not want to look at this thread without a bucket handy, then.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Brood

COINCIDENTALLY, those touting their masculinity in this thread were the first to result in e-bullying.

If making a point that there are clear differences between the genders (as society should just accept it) is touting masculinity and "e-bullying" then..just..wow.

I think you need to step away from the computer and take a little break, perhaps?

edit on 8-11-2010 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep
reply to post by Brood

COINCIDENTALLY, those touting their masculinity in this thread were the first to result in e-bullying.

If making a point that there are clear differences between the genders is touting masculinity and "e-bullying" then..just..wow.

I think you need to step away from the computer and take a little break, perhaps?

The e-bullying would be in the notion that everyone who doesn't agree with you is "insecure" or "less manly".

I think you need to get a little closer to the computer and start deciphering things with your brain if you want to engage in a discussion here.

edit on 8-11-2010 by Brood because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Explanation:
LOL'ing at gender roles!
oh and

You are not a gender or even human... you are JUST an observer and anything you observe is just a product of ones over active imagination... here is why!...

Cogito ergo sum [wiki]

The Universe! [some information to help you live in it]

Now if and only if the above info is false [which meens that there isn't just you and I'm not a figment of your imagination (or visa-versa) then here IS the only protected above anybody elses right gender and its also attatched to maturity [age of consent] and its to do with mothers... here is why!...

Universal Declaration of Human Rights [un.org]

Article 16.
•(1) Men and women of full age, without any limitation due to race, nationality or religion, have the right to marry and to found a family. They are entitled to equal rights as to marriage, during marriage and at its dissolution.
•(2) Marriage shall be entered into only with the free and full consent of the intending spouses.
•(3) The family is the natural and fundamental group unit of society and is entitled to protection by society and the State.

Article 25.
•(1) Everyone has the right to a standard of living adequate for the health and well-being of himself and of his family, including food, clothing, housing and medical care and necessary social services, and the right to security in the event of unemployment, sickness, disability, widowhood, old age or other lack of livelihood in circumstances beyond his control.
•(2) Motherhood and childhood are entitled to special care and assistance. All children, whether born in or out of wedlock, shall enjoy the same social protection.

Women and even kids have killed Hard Solid men! This is a self evident fact!

Men ..does that affect your machismo at all???

If yes.. then you are being too effeminant with your self analysis!

Personal Disclosure: You can't fool me... I'm already stupid!

edit on 8-11-2010 by OmegaLogos because: Edited to close a quote. soz

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
ATTENTION!!!!!

Further personal attack, barbs, name-calling and off-topic banter wiill be warned and/or removed.

Courtesy Is Mandatory

Ad Hominem Attacks And You

One Line and Short Posts

Please Stay on Topic

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Brood

I guess I thought your whole point in this thread was that it was useless because it's another "I don't understand" thread. I figure your whole point is that men should be "less manly" and deal with it. Why are you taking such offense?

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brood
Children have free minds. they would not be influenced to act less macho if they thought being macho was natural for them.

Most of what you get punished for in school would best be described as "masculine play" which is perfectly natural and healthy for young boys (rough-housing, climbing, verbal sparring, risk taking, one-up-manship etc. etc.).

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Brood

None of us are touting are own masculinity, rather masculinity itself. As in boys should be guided down their natural path of masculinity and do boy stuff, and girls should be girls. And again, you sound like a professional victim. "E-Bullying." Seriously. I'm guessing you weren't raised around men. Like I said. It's all about confidence. Men don't require kleenex everytime they're insulted. An insult is when I say you suck. Bullying would be if someone stuck your head in the toilet and took your lunch money. Here's the deal. That kid that took your lunch money would have left you alone had you punched him in the snot locker.And so would have everyone else.
Again, you're kind of like a chick, except taller and less cheerful. See what I mean?

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SevenBeans

Children have free minds. they would not be influenced to act less macho if they thought being macho was natural for them.

Most of what you get punished for in school would best be described as "masculine play" which is perfectly natural and healthy for young boys (rough-housing, climbing, verbal sparring, risk taking, one-up-manship etc. etc.).

And little girls are punished for hair pulling, name calling, scratching, gossiping, and passing notes. Surely they are attacking their femininity?

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
There will always be a separation. This is a non-problem.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

And little girls are punished for hair pulling, name calling, scratching, gossiping, and passing notes. Surely they are attacking their femininity?

Girls are punished for the same things that boys are punished for, and like I said, most of those things can best be described as "masculine play."

Girls of course engage in these rough housing, risk-taking activities etc. etc. but generally speaking they're not as inclined toward them as boys.

edit on 8-11-2010 by SevenBeans because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
This thread reminds me of a Brad Paisley song. I think some of this might have to with a tainted water/food supply.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by astrogolf
reply to post by Brood

None of us are touting are own masculinity, rather masculinity itself. As in boys should be guided down their natural path of masculinity and do boy stuff, and girls should be girls. And again, you sound like a professional victim. "E-Bullying." Seriously.

My god, I was poking fun at your behavior on this thread.

Learn to take a joke. You're so serious!

I'm guessing you weren't raised around men. Like I said. It's all about confidence. Men don't require kleenex everytime they're insulted. An insult is when I say you suck.

Confidence is not manly, it's human. Confidence is also not about not showing your feelings, not showing your feelings is a suppression of confidence to support a positive outward appeal or ego. AKA what you're talking about is not confidence, it is arrogance. And I grew up around a lot more of it than you probably did. I'm just not a sheep.

Bullying would be if someone stuck your head in the toilet and took your lunch money. Here's the deal. That kid that took your lunch money would have left you alone had you punched him in the snot locker.And so would have everyone else.

Too bad I'm in a wheelchair -- guess I'll just find other ways to aggro my way through every negative situation I'm in...

Again, you're kind of like a chick, except taller and less cheerful. See what I mean?

The good Lord has surely sent you here to tell me who I am and how I think, thank you for your guidance, I surely have bounds to learn about masculinity so that I can be big, strong, shallow, and arrogant because that's what us men want to see!
edit on 8-11-2010 by Brood because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I think the issue is it has become socially incorrect to acknowledge that women and men are Different!

I don't know about women becoming more manly but men have become extremely disinterested in traditional manly pursuits. I don't know why it is happening but it has happened quickly. Men are losing interest in being men. Were they tricked into it? I sometime wonder if this is the TRUE conspiracy in the country. Women don't dig men who can't handle themselves around the house or car but the idea of the helpless, dumb, comic reading uy.who stumbles through life not knowing anything is what we are fed through TV and movies.

Carolla can be abrasive but that's his job to call BS on the ridiculous attitudes in this country that are becoming increasingly common.

I hope that there is a Renaissance of manly pursuits. I have conversations with friends about this for years and everyday more and more people are recognizing the diminished masculinity of this country.

A quote from the book that I liked

"Far too many guys in their forties can't turn a wrench or swing a hammer nowadays. But they have tons of
opinions about the new silver surfer movie. Its a sure sign of the p****fication of America. What happened?"
edit on 8-11-2010 by drock905 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Carlin > Carolla x 500. Carlin, being a comedian as well, would never agree that the level of corporate greed we have now is good. He criticized is through his whole career.

So for every 10,000 dollars you pay in taxes, you get one vote. Why not just give all the votes to corporations using his logic?

I agree though that the lines are oddly being blurred between men and women. It's going to cause some problems in the future I think.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghaleon12
Carlin > Carolla x 500. Carlin, being a comedian as well, would never agree that the level of corporate greed we have now is good. He criticized is through his whole career.

So for every 10,000 dollars you pay in taxes, you get one vote. Why not just give all the votes to corporations using his logic?

I agree with you on this. I thought it was pretty weird and off-topic for him to go from the topic in the OP to that.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by agentofchaos
reply to post by Wookiep

Should I ever have kids I'm going to raise on the fact that there's balance in life and that there is time for compassion and kindness, but that also to stand up for what's right and defend/help people who aren't able to themselves...that each person demands their own respect for no one knows what anyone walked through and to be aware of who they are and where they're going...that's how it should be as that's the path to humanity.

do remember there is no real manual to bringing up kids. We just do the best we can. We need to keep the government out of the home. If you observe your kids carefully you will be amazed at how early their personalities develop.
rgds
T
edit on 8-11-2010 by tiger5 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join