It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occult in Schools?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
today at work i was talking to a girl i work with and we were talking about primary school as the girls friend is a primary 7 teacher, so then what she randomly came out with was strange.
she said..."in primary 4 i learned how to spell my name in Egyptian" i was like ..oh really? and then she said "yeah it was a bird, an eye, a dog and a Z"

so then i replied " a bird as in a phoenix with its wings spread, a left eye and a dog as in a terrior? and she said yes

now i have no idea what the Z part is. but for the other 3 to be occult symbols i just thought how crazy it is that she got taught that in primary 4. whats worse is she thought nothing of it and that she actually remembered it.

she is about 17 years old so this was around the same time i was at school too, atleast pre-2000's

i wonder what the Z is?

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Detrucci

I doubt it had relations to a cult. They we're probably learning about Ancient Egypt and what they used is a chart with typical symbols of Ancient Egyptian culture to spell there name. Like the owl equals J and a Pyramid will equal E.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Sounds like it's just Hieroglyphics, I did the exact same thing when I was 8 years of age.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
hmm yeah i guess a chart seems like what it could have been

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Detrucci,

"Egypt" is actually a reference in scripture of occult. The influence of the Israelites being there for so long was a hard row for them to hoe to overcome to put out what had been instilled in them there. Like returning to "Egypt" would be a falling back.

Just a thought.

Truthiron

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Fun Fact: The occult pervades everything in modern society. Many holidays have an occult basis, modern entertainment, classic literature, even science rose amongst the ashes of the occult.

It's a blanket term for sure, but it's nothing to be ashamed about or rebel against. The only thing evil about "the occult" is misunderstanding it. Embrace magic and fantasy. It's a part of the human condition and culture. Embrace the commonalities in world religions, the Pagan origins of many things and times we take for granted, and the diversity of the human race.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Er... it's hieroglyphs.

It's not occult. Egyptians used hieroglyphs for love letters and hate mail to.

It's not translation, though, just transliteration, or getting it so it would have sounded about right.

For example, my name, Michael, comes out to:

The Owl for M, The I comes out as a reed. There's no match for C. H is twisted flax. A is the vulture. There's no E. L is Lion.

I'm actually pretty sure the site I grabbed this off of isn't terribly accurate, but you get the idea.

top topics

join