It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ENOUGH! Manners in the Aliens/UFO Forum and those who habitually deride, insult, and just LOVE being

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I am afraid every single word has mostly fallen on deaf ears.

You can't change people, they are gonna do what they do, regardless, and telling them not to do it just makes them want to do it more just to get under your skin.

Not saying I am like this, but it's hard not to see that a lot of people are like this. I try not to judge them either way, because I know that won't change anything.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   
This is why it took some time for me to become an active participant in this community. While I am guilty of my own share of being less than a "believer" in some areas, I should know better since I have my own issues that could make me seem a likely candidate for some long term hospital stay-against my will!

Seriously, I am new to this environment, at least in my non-lurker role, and came here to meet other people who might share some version of my own paranoid-but not quite delusional- world. I want to share my experiences but not be told that in all cases a lack of evidence means nothing occurred. Heck, I don't know what occurred to me and that's why I chose to become proactive in my own life..

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Malraux

I am also a rookie here after being a lurker for a few years.
I would like to hear your stuff. I believe it can be done on a person to person function available in ATS (I just dont know how to do that).

Take your time.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by meaningless333
reply to post by Malraux

I am also a rookie here after being a lurker for a few years.
I would like to hear your stuff. I believe it can be done on a person to person function available in ATS (I just dont know how to do that).

Take your time.

Go to the bar at the top and click on tools, then click on messages and itll take you to the page. Put in the persons name who your messaging, your message , and press send.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by Springer

This thread began before I was a member and I am sure glad I glanced at it today. I am a "knower", skeptic, debunker.

A "knower" because I have seen one, believing has nothing to do with it.

A skeptic because my experience is rare when compared to other forensics people bring and I use that to differentiate.

A debunker because there is so much obvious poser material that I am increasingly irritated looking through more recent material (like YouTube videos).

Thanks for the polite reminder to remain civil and not poke fun, demean or belittle. I do that sometimes.

Sorry...

You have described me in this post of yours describing yourself all the way down to being a little uncivil yourself at times.

I too apologize for the doing the same however I found to be tough and ask extremely hard questions even to the point of making it look like I completely disbelieve what I am hearing to see the reaction I get.

I too have had incidents/experiences that leave you in a state of confusion.

Anything I have posted in what could be perceived as disbelief towards another here on ATS is because what they are describing is similar and I can relate, I ask questions and attack their story as I have my own experiences to try making sense that what I am experiencing isn't psychological but real to point where evidence can gathered to prove something finally in the field of UFOlogy.

However the evidence is quite elusive.

Many times I believe I have things figured and know a direction in which head to get the ball rolling only to ask one of these tough questions to myself only to shatter my path and send me back to the drawing board so to speak.

If I am seen as a troll skeptic disbeliever here to simply debunk then so be it.

I believe its the skeptics that are the ones who are most serious about discovering what the hell is going on, yet the word is used by many to try and take a stab and insinuate you do not believe.

A skeptic probably believes more than believer does because a skeptic is searching for proof so they can prove what they believe in.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

A skeptic probably believes more than believer does because a skeptic is searching for proof so they can prove what they believe in.

Excellent post. You nailed it.

Thats why I are here.

Maybe theres a post or thread of yours describing what you have seen or experienced? Remember, I don't poke fun or belittle.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Maybe theres a post or thread of yours describing what you have seen or experienced? Remember, I don't poke fun or belittle.

I have maybe in a post but never really in any detail and always as a reply either to something similar or just to use as an example to get my point across and most likely used scenarios based on my experiences to get my point across.

Eventually I will do as other members have and lay out either my delusions or experiences and let the ATS community tear me a new one.

I have said that now a few times over the last year or so being a member and participating when posters I was interacting with and maybe disagreeing with asked me or worse that gets my blood boiling told me I don't believe because I have not experienced or seen something unidentified.

I argue interpretation and transparency of people making claims when I ask smart ass questions, as I said I do it to myself only to see the reaction of how I would answer if it was another asking me the smart ass question to compare how others answer that I ask here on ATS and see if there are any similarities in how we portray our experiences and how we defend our interpretation of those said experiences.

Some posters have blown my mind and have helped me strengthen my preconceived belief that we are a lot more connected that what most ideologies want us to believe.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

Thanks for the tip.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Amen!

The thing is, your a grown up man with knowledge
and experience, and your post is mostly targeted people
that behave immaturely.

This kind of people will always be lurking
behind a corners waiting on a fresh new post to
infect with hate with a lot of un-logical answers.

Be happy, don't worry, learn to filter them out of your
eye sight

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 05:05 AM
link   
I think you need a lot of time to judge persons. The first look may confuse the most of us

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by twowings

Good point there TW.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Not sure why I can't start a thread, then you get this kind of off topic replies.
Here is some playbutton shaped UFO in Amsterdam. Looks well done.

edit on 31-10-2013 by puntito because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by puntito

You need 20 posts to start a thread. And that video has already been posted. It's a CGI fake. A poor one at that.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

thx

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
So...whats with the infighting? I just joined and found A LOT of bitching at each other. we came here to explore possibilities and find support for our "interesting" beliefs and thoughts on this existence. Cant we all just grow up, be civil and get along?

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Its called mutual respect for one another, being able to let one be who they are. I see things threw my own eyes, but when reading what people write I like to think sometimes I can see threw their eyes. If ones eyes are full of ridicule they are not worth looking threw. We all have our own two cents we like to put into things, I spend my two cents my way and you can spend yours, your way. It is really that simple. But I must remember it is my job as an individual to check my ego at the door and make sure I am being civil in how I treat others. If I cant do that on a given day then I should not go threw the door. Anywho that is what I got out of your post.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Tarzan the apeman.

You got it precisely, thank you.

Springer...

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Well said and along those lines the hard core believers of every UFO story are equally as ignorant and in many cases far worse. Case in point recently I pointed out the serious flaws in the Billy Meier case and next thing I received death threats from the Meier believers. So although I agree 100% being rude and ignorant can't be tolerated it must go both ways, obviously. I love a good debate and enjoy being proved wrong as much as right.

Now if your goal is to stop any skeptics from making comments then this is not a place for serious discussion, hopefully that's not the case...thanks

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
To my eye there are just as many insulting, derisive people on the other side of the fence too, who approach skeptics with name calling and disinfo accusations. The fact that the word "skeptic" is used as a disparaging remark by more than some is proof of that. This is a format where minorities on the fringes can easily mess up the signal/noise ratio and a few bad eggs can quickly give the appearance of a mudslinging argument when the majority of posters are simply being less "loud". So, threads to complain about one side or the other kinda miss the real problem, IMHO.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Are the 2 posters above this one the same person?

Also one of the Owners here is named Skeptic...

This "is" a Skeptics forum. It is also as beautifully stated in the OpeningPost, a place for both side to discuss openly, freely. Try re-reading the OP without the bias and instead an open mind.
edit on pm1231pmThu, 19 Dec 2013 18:05:00 -0600 by antar because: (no reason given)

<< 20  21  22    24 >>

join