It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ENOUGH! Manners in the Aliens/UFO Forum and those who habitually deride, insult, and just LOVE being

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Thank you so much!! im researching ufos

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by BeyondTheUnkown

So I do.

Speaking of ufos, I am not able to post a new thread (less than 20 posts) but I would like to share something. Maybe someone could create a new thread about this info:

BREAKING NEWS:

A blog forced the French official UFO GOV NASA-LIKE DEPT to release a confidential report.

FIRST LINK

AUDIT OF SEPRA LINK

This confidential report has been publicly released first by Éric Julien on NOVEMBER 17th, 2012 on this blog. As a matter of fact, the CNES / GEIPAN (new SEPRA) has released the same document on DECEMBER 2012 after a tremendous interest for all the articles related to this audit to avoid the public to discover it through this blog and all its life changing infos.

AUDIT OF SEPRA CNES VERSION

SEE NEW FILES IN THE CNES / GEIPAN WEBSITE ON THE TOP LEFT SIDE HERE.

=140&tx_ttnews[backPid]=211]CNES GEIPAN WEBSITE

THE RELEASE OF THE SEPRA CONFIDENTIAL REPORT IN THE ÉRIC JULIEN’S BLOG ON 17 NOVEMBER 2012 FORCED THE FRENCH OFFICIAL GOVERNMENT UFO DEPARTMENT TO RELEASE IT AND LIE ABOUT ITS DATE IN ORDER NOT TO DISCOVER IT THROUGH HIS LIFE CHANGING BLOG.

THE (INDEPENDANT) FRENCH UFO BLOGS ONLY REFER TO THE CNES DECEMBER DATE.

edit on 17-12-2012 by alex45 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-12-2012 by alex45 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-12-2012 by alex45 because: link problems

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I've read ATS forums for years before finally becoming a member. The trend I've seen in recent years is truly a turn for the worst.

This used to be a forum where truly remarkable cases were presented/discussed, backed by research, enhanced with intelligent commentary, while ultimately signaling unfathomable implications.

Sadly, many of the best posters on this forum have moved on, replaced by members many orders of magnitude less credible. Now the forum is filled with countless examples of mental illness and youtube "oohs and ahhs" over trite crap.

For a website, and in particular this forum, which used to be a beacon of exemplary debate which elevated the controversial subject matter into something that cannot be ignored, I've seen it fall just a bit too far for me to stomach.

My apologies.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Amazingly put Springer.

I am on the believer side of this equation, based off of personal experiences (soon to be posted here, 20 posts here I come...), but I do realize that most of what is put on the internet as a "real UFO" are just hoaxes and I don't mind people debunking them, as it only clears the way for actual experiences to show up.

Hell, I hope that someone here will be able to explain my pictures indisputably as something other than a UFO, I have tried myself, but just can't come up with a reasonable explanation that makes sense.

It's also nice to see that the owner of the site is actually active and not just a figurehead none of us here will ever meet/have a conversation with as well.

Thanks to you sir!
edit on 5-1-2013 by McGooferson because: grammar

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
there are some nasty nasty people on here! Like everything in this world, until it affects them, then they will keep taking the piss out of others.
I really hope that it stops. I am in recovery from a breakdown I had last year, having met REAL aliens in a hospital, working as Doctors!
I found Ats to try to find out about sleep paralysis and for some support. My God, I have learnt a lot since then!
Good job I am strong and not of a nervous dispoition and let them get to me. I have a good ufo picture too on my BB. Still haven't worked out how to share it on ats, but hopefully one day, I will.

Thanks Springer for putting your foot down with the idiots that frequent this site!

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaosinEngaged
I've read ATS forums for years before finally becoming a member. The trend I've seen in recent years is truly a turn for the worst.

This used to be a forum where truly remarkable cases were presented/discussed, backed by research, enhanced with intelligent commentary, while ultimately signaling unfathomable implications.

Sadly, many of the best posters on this forum have moved on, replaced by members many orders of magnitude less credible. Now the forum is filled with countless examples of mental illness and youtube "oohs and ahhs" over trite crap.

For a website, and in particular this forum, which used to be a beacon of exemplary debate which elevated the controversial subject matter into something that cannot be ignored, I've seen it fall just a bit too far for me to stomach.

My apologies.

you need to go to the UFO forum and look back over the years...there are plenty of credible examples of UFO's being real. just because there isn't much in recent history of this website, does not mean the subject is dead or forgotten.
the ones that i have been interested in are the various sightings by hundreds of GI's during the vietnam war. i can't point to them now, but i remember reading about dozens of men being present at these sightings, but because of the soldiers being under military secrecy orders, few (as of yet) have made it onto public forums.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Springer

In other countries they spell skeptics like this 'sceptics'

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

My apologies.

you need to go to the UFO forum and look back over the years...there are plenty of credible examples of UFO's being real. just because there isn't much in recent history of this website, does not mean the subject is dead or forgotten.
the ones that i have been interested in are the various sightings by hundreds of GI's during the vietnam war. i can't point to them now, but i remember reading about dozens of men being present at these sightings, but because of the soldiers being under military secrecy orders, few (as of yet) have made it onto public forums.

I think you may have misinterprated SaosinEngaged post, he is more alluding to the declining quality of posts and discussion on this forum, which does not say anything about his beliefs on UFOs.

I'm only a recent contributer to these forums, and have only occasionally lurked on the forums over the last half dozen years, but I agree with SaosinEngaged, good contributions using well researched facts and information are getting lost amongst the hysteria and extreme personal beliefs.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by sublimis

Originally posted by jimmyx

My apologies.

I think you may have misinterprated SaosinEngaged post, he is more alluding to the declining quality of posts and discussion on this forum, which does not say anything about his beliefs on UFOs.

I'm only a recent contributer to these forums, and have only occasionally lurked on the forums over the last half dozen years, but I agree with SaosinEngaged, good contributions using well researched facts and information are getting lost amongst the hysteria and extreme personal beliefs.

have to agree with the declining quality of tread post here.. great historical cases that was investigated thoroughly were ignored and youtube/photo thread sensationalism are dime a dozen.

this mirror closely to the declining UFO phenomena research in US and replaced by sensationalism and fantasy roswell crap

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by milomilo

i can only speak for myself. Personally I would love to go into more detail of my experiences. I have left so many clues and many have said, who, what and where???
There is only so much information you can give. What i have said is serious stuff. It is a bit like ' V ' I have am a single Mother and work. I have to think of my own sanity, because I am just as bemused as everyone else. I cannot believe what it is going on behind the scenes, but trust me it is true. I know i get a bit carried away on political issues and celebrity annoyance, but the underlying reason for me joining this site a few years ago was sleep paralysis. What has happened in the last 3 years is beyoned belief and the medical professionals, who claim i get audio and visual hallucinations are all in it together. Oh my... and I now know they have been with my all my life.

All I can say is some Doctors are not who they seem. Also, don't let strangers into your home to do surveys, no matter who they claim to be working for. eg 'Mori' is a classic example. The bloke from 'Mori' who sat in my living one morning, #ing eyes started to glow. When he stood up to leave had also gained another couple of foot in height. I nearly #ing feinted! For me that was the beginning of another set of unexplainable circumstance and lots more has happened since. Trying to relay it on here isn't as easy as it seem's and it takes courage, i can tell you! I am the most modest person you could meet and I have not engaged in any other activities relating to what has happened for financial gain or credence. I could go public, but I find it hard to trust and worry about my future. In short I don't know what to do. Just grin and bear it. As long as they don't hurt anyone (there is no evidence to suggest that they do) not in my case anyway, then they are best left alone.
I had problems with the u2u a few months ago, which pissed afew people off, but that wasn't my fault. So if you want to ask me anything, feel free to do so and I will do my best without dropping the aliens right in it. The thing is they also saved my life, so I have to be very careful and there is an element of respect and a code of conduct that i owe to them, even though now they try to say it's all in the mind! Well im not stupid and they know that too lol You couldn't make it up!!!

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Seems like the battle is on!
www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Some of you have complained, or are complaining about the lack of quality threads, and/or posts in the UFO forum...

OK, fine. How about you be the change you want to see? Post a well researched thread of your own, or do the research to help prove or conversely, disprove someone else's thread. Believers and skeptics are welcome.

It's not hard to do. Even I've been known to do it upon occasion...

Not all UFO encounters are blurry dots in the sky... There are some that scream for research to be done. How about it? Find one, and have at it. Just be respectful of those who may not share your belief.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

You should bring this function back.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It would make ATS a lot nicer place to visit.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by happinness

Actually some who claim to be mormons, from England no less, very tall, roughly 6 3- 6 4, wearing black suits, too late to even accept they knock on the door, with FBI type eyes, and a woman in the same outfit outback, walking a dog. I never let strangers in my house. But I was intrigued nonetheless.

I agree with you on some element of ufology being here. Those who can stand a lower frequency planet of war and starvation, anyway.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   

This thread began before I was a member and I am sure glad I glanced at it today. I am a "knower", skeptic, debunker.

A "knower" because I have seen one, believing has nothing to do with it.

A skeptic because my experience is rare when compared to other forensics people bring and I use that to differentiate.

A debunker because there is so much obvious poser material that I am increasingly irritated looking through more recent material (like YouTube videos).

Thanks for the polite reminder to remain civil and not poke fun, demean or belittle. I do that sometimes.

Sorry...

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Wow, to put in my two cents I'd simply like to say that when I was in school years ago we had a class called speech and debate.Our teacher let us 'go at it' the first debate class.There was name calling and derogatory comments to each other and finally the teacher called it off.He then explained how to PROPERLY debate issues that were near and dear to our hearts. I have to say I learned a lot from that class that has stood the test of time.It makes for good rules in ANY situation. His rules were:

1.No name calling is tolerated at all.
2.No derogatory comments to each other.
3.Research your subject before commenting.
4.Gather FACTS, not feelings.
5. Learn the OTHER sides argument so you are ready to comment on it.(Forewarned is forearmed)
6.Show others respect and respect they're beliefs.(even though you don't agree with them)
7.Finally,last but not least,sometimes you just have to agree to disagree and leave it at that.You will come out with more respect for yourself and the other person.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
ABSOLUTELY DISGRACEFUL

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24 >>

join