It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ENOUGH! Manners in the Aliens/UFO Forum and those who habitually deride, insult, and just LOVE being

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

YEAH

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
tnx for the post springer i hope the bullys and spammers with fake videos get kickt out
keep going with the good work i love this forum because off the lot good info i do not
post alot i enjoy reading but this is inportand for me that i share this

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Springer

ATS has become a forum to vent your political views and less about the paranormal.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
This whole site has become more about politics and less about UFO's and less about our worlds mysteries. People with closed minds and hell bent on squashing those with out of the box thoughts is what this web site has become. How sad. I have a story to tell, I am an ex-MUFON field investigator with first hand experience and photo proof of alien existence, but dam if I would post my evidence here on this site.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
What about posters that make deceptively polite posts that are actually snide provoking insinuations underneath?

That is 99% of the cause to ruining every forum and public message board system I have ever participated in.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
This is a very serious topic for me. I am very objective as a person and I can tell you from personal experience that I am undoubtedly a believer in the fact that we are not alone in this universe or universes. I agree that alot of things that are posted are not what they seem or would like to be seen. I think sometimes that the far away lights in the sky and some of the objects that are purported to be ufos and such are not seen to be what they really are or outright faked. Growing up I have had the luck to actually be witness to some things that absolutely defy logic and I believe are not of this earth. I have had those personal experiences that were more than just "oh look at that crazy light in the sky." I have seen things that in no way shape or form could be anything our current "civilization" could create. Another thing is the family I have grown up with. My grandfather was a career Air Force Intelligence officer who was stationed all over the world, was in WW2 and Korea and also was a colonel in intelligence stationed at Sandia Air Force base in New Mexico for over 20 years. He was one of the most intelligent and rational men I ever knew and was not prone to create fantasy in anyway. Out of his own words to me years before he passed on he said to me directly " There are many things I cannot tell you because of the positions ive been in and the confidentiality Ive been sworn too, and how I am liable to uphold that, but I can tell you this, believe that we are not alone in this universe." My mother too being with him alot of those many years from base to base and growing up wherever he was has seem a multitude of things. I could recount stories but that is not for this post. I was in the Army for awhile and I saw things there and outside of the service that I know had to be something other than human craft. Other than outright shaking hands with an alien or stepping aboard an alien craft I know that what I saw was inhuman.
On the flip side of all this I am a skeptic to some of the things people put up as alien ships. I wish they were more than just a distant light in the sky or a blip or shadow in a picture, we all know the types. Things just outside of discernment or a spot. I want to see serious tangible evidence. I want to see something concrete too that would end the discussion of "what if" and finally get us in the realm of undeniable knowledge so that we can finally move on to the next step and start seeing ourselves as a galactic species and we can begin to grow as a society accordingly. Because "I" believe that is ultimately where we are headed. I too am tired of the wait and am ready to see us change from the bickering and debating to one of exploration, philosophical and psychological evolution. Knowing that we are not alone and that we have a much larger picture at hand would do alot to help us grow as a species and right now we desperately need it.
One of the most important things though is just as the OP has stated, we need to stop with the infighting and both "sides" if you will, need to be very objective about how we go about this. We need to make some exchanges from both sides of the fence, the skeptics could learn to be a bit more accommodating and allow for the believers to post their findings but be the rational mind that doesnt accept half baked facts and evidence but gently steers and helps refine the "crap" so that the real facts are brought to light. On the other side the believers, and I know most are trying, need to stop bringing up any crumb of uncertainty and presenting it like its the gold nugget of evidence. I really believe we all want the same thing here, the truth. I believe we are going to get it and soon. Things seem anymore like they are reaching a kind of critical mass anymore and somethings got to give. It will, I hope and I believe. I wholly agree in civility though. Helping eachother find the truth is much better than clobbering eachother or berating one another with negatives. I am here to help, be objective and bring insight and light to the situation. I hope all of us in our own small ways will continue to do the same too.
Ok, thanks for listening to my ramble, off my soap box now. RB

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by carl6405

Part of the problem with that though is our world is in some serious political and social upheaval at this time and it seems to smother so much of anything else. Hell we cant go a day anymore without some social massacre or political tsunami rolling over us and its overwhelming. I think things of paranormal and the unseen world are on everyones minds but all this world crap is very distracting. I have a feeling its intended to be that way too, thats also part of the problem. I would rather see us focusing on the important issues too, we need to not be so absorbed in all this miasma of politics and bring energy to looking to deeper within the unseen world. Ultimately I feel its there that real answers are to be found.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
what a great rant lol its true tho, true believers can try to push there belief onto others which is wrong, then theres the other side of the coin the non believers who ridicule and tease make the believers feel stupid for having there thoughts feelings known..........truth is right now its 100% what you think some believe we have the proof but its kept from us, others think theres nothing to show......so i guess wrapping this up its ok to believe one way or the other but being respectful to someone elses opinion is just as important

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Closeted UFO believers may have a reason to come out at least for one night this month as a Smithsonian Institution affiliated museum in Las Vegas has announced plans for an event featuring speakers from both the U.S. military and U.K, delving into the extra-terrestrial mysteries of Area 51. The National Atomic Testing Museum announced the one-night event, scheduled for September 22, to reveal the men’s personal stories that propelled them to write books and lead their own investigations outside, as well as inside, the military. “What you’re getting from this panel are people who have worked with the military, all of whom certainly agree that UFOs are real, and I think most of them would say it ought to be researched,” the Daily Mail quoted Col. John Alexander, one of the scheduled speakers, as telling the Huffington Post. “Here, you’re getting a small number [of participants], but high credibility people,” he said. Joining Col Alexander in the planned discussion is Col Bill Coleman of the U.S. Air Force who previously held a role with Project Blue Book, the former-F.B.I. investigation of UFO reports between 1947 and 1969. Also scheduled to join the discussion is Col Robert Friend who served as director of Project Blue Book that all together reported 701 unidentified sightings out of 12,618 throughout the years of 1947-1969, according to the now publically archived records. Connecting the phenomenon internationally are scheduled guest speakers Nick Pope, who served as a UFO investigator with the U.K.’s Ministry of Defence, and Col. Charles Halt who was Deputy Base Commander at Bentwaters, the U.K.’s former Royal Air Force station. Mr Pope is expected to share how both governments of the U.S. and U.K. held similar study groups over sightings and why both eventually closed their books on the issue.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Whether we believe in them or not UFO’s are enough to capture our attention and grip our interest. Opinions remain divided on whether they actually exist, are clever hoaxes or merely a trick of the mind. Back in 1947 private pilot Kenneth Arnold described how he saw several unidentified flying objects travelling at high speeds near Mount Rainer, Washington. He said they flew in a close formation and were shaped like saucers, hence the nickname ‘flying saucers’. Just a few months later and the world had one of the most famous UFO incidents…

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
New here, but member of other forums dealing with the same issues, in my mother tonge, here is what I can say about people's behaviours here

Some of you guys are incredibly arrogant, you give your mere consideration and opinions on subjects as if you were the authority on the matter

Sometimes, I don't even want to post because I have the impression that I'm dealing with rageous teeanagers in lack of affection and recognition Some of you have the exact same reactions as the ones you can find in a Youtube 360 letters comment-window

I read opinions written in 5 sentences with the assurance of a doctorate candididate, how could your opinion possibly be valuable, argumented and interesting in 5 lines ? And, on top of that, some of you seem to think they literally won a battle when in fact the person doesn't even speak the same language as yours. It's easy. Go on a foreign forum and give your opinion you'll see how limited you are in your means of expression and argumentation..

So hey, when you don't agree with someone, say "I think your wrong for the following reasons...... but that's my opinion"No need to be agressive and as I said, your opinion has no more value than someone else's, whether you spent 20 000 hours on the subject or not.
IQ, unconscious barriers from childhood living conditions/ social environment are all factors that can lead you to a wrong opinion and a wrong result and you may never know it.

So let's respect each other

greetz

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Although I believe that most of these videos are not the real deal, there is no reason why I should instantly rule out the possibility of genuine footage being captured, just because it's on Youtube.

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation" -Herbert Spencer

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

yo maybe maybe not! this was the last post you made on these forums, 2010! i see you logged on just 10 days ago,

why the long silence? i have missed seeing your opinion in threads, your name stuck in my memory after all this time, and i eventually decided to ask myself where the EFF did you go to? hence me seeking out your last post and replying to it

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Dunno who dug up this dead hampster but I guess op has a point. Stop being schmucks and wake up this world needs you and the people close to you to start being better beings.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

OK if they are here they are obviously highly evolved organisms. And what do you have when you have highly evolved organisms? You have VIRUSES THAT HAVE A STRICTLY SYMBIOTIC RELATIONSHIP WITH THOSE HIGHLY EVOLVED ORGANISMS!!!!! And no matter how thorough the alien visitor were in hygiene, a LOT of those alien viruses would have made it across the cosmos along with those alien visitors. In many cases, viruses outside of a host do not die rather they become dormant.

THE SMOKING GUN that will once and for all prove that we are not alone is the discovery of alien viruses here on this planet. The visitors themselves are way to advanced to allow us to detect them directly in most cases. But nature has a funny way of slipping through. We need to search and test specifically for viruses that do not match the typical chromosomal patterns, for are comprised of proteins that do not have the classic "L" conformation.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
It's already been mentioned previously in the thread, but it's worth repeating that the topic is Manners in the Aliens/UFO Forum, not Aliens and UFOs themselves.

For that, we have the rest of the forum. All members, whatever their views on the subject, are welcome to start new threads or participate in one of the thousands of existing threads on Aliens and UFOs -- provided they do so politely.

Just sayin'

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Absolutely.One can disagree with others in one's opinions+beliefs WITHOUT being rude/obnoxious and insulting the OP.Thats holds for every subject,but yes,the UF0 forum can get some appaling replies,i remember what happened to RickyVelveeta,eg. A simple: " I disagree,and this is why:" is perfectly adequate,and often the OP and other members may learn new facts+info.What people don't seem to realise,such rudeness detracts from any point they're trying to make-it dissuades others from wanting to hear Why they hold their viewpoint.My usual reaction is: "Uugh,what a mutant,lemme scroll down past this junk" Irony,such people often end up making themselves appear Far more idiotic than the member they tried to humiliate.It speaks of low character, and maybe in some cases,a lower IQ than would be expected for a member of a site such as this,imo.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Amen.
I have found it hard to digest quietly the rude and obnoxious posts in this forum the last couple of days.

Even though I know this is a subject that invites ridicule, we can still make effort to have a minimum of decorum, even if we want to disagree!

edit on 24-11-2012 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join