It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ENOUGH! Manners in the Aliens/UFO Forum and those who habitually deride, insult, and just LOVE being

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I'd like to hear more of your views. Alex

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
What is this, it was captured when viewing through a motor driven telescope

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by captaincosmic

I've seen what those Orange/yellow orbs go into. Back in October the 4 th 2009, I'm in sheffield england. My experience also had a helicopter on the scene 20 mins after seeing all of this. It was a merlin RAF chopper- dark grey- my sighting was at night though and was spectacular- my twin brother and I witnessed it all ! over 2 years ago now.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I object to the title of this thread. Those who habitually debunk? What about those who habitually promote blind belief a.k.a ignorance? Or is it just a one sided? If someone debunks something it means they've proven it false, is there something wrong with ''denying ignorance'' these days? Why not just leave it at ''manners in the aliens/ufo forum''? Stupid decision to name the thread this way.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Covering The Cover

reply to post by Hawkwind.

Your comment would carry more weight if it was the first of its kind in this thread, or if the numerous other posts just like it hadn't already been addressed repeatedly -- from the first post onward, in fact.

If you would truly rather express your opinion about the title without understanding how it came to be, that's your choice, but you may want to more carefully consider the significance of the site motto you are invoking if that's the case.

A good skeptic reserves judgment in the absence of facts.

CliffsNotes for the curious:

Springer's posts in this thread

Majic's posts in this thread

edit on 2/8/2012 by Majic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I agree this is why i steered clear of these forums for a while a lot of people quickly rush to debunk something without providing any claims behind their criticism aimed towards any evidence that is presented. Let me tell you something however these aliens and UFOs are real and I'll leave it at that for the time being.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
This post-thread has been well over-due, sight owners, as nothing worse than a video or post comes out from a poster, and BLAM out come the haters, deniers, and sometimes looks like out-right shills, lavishing the first and second pages of the thread, with nothing but a meager 3rd grade level of education to back them up.

Again, bravo, bravo

About the time i start questioning this sight, a bit of common sense ensues and keeps me coming back for more

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Momma always said " if you don't have anything nice to say, then just find another thread to post in where you feel like saying something nice" or something like that.

Seems pretty simple to me.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Sir, Can you take a look at Wikileaks UFO Footage Banned From Public Site on Youtube...This is video of a young white couple out sightseeing..the female has red hair and her boyfriend is video tapping her on his cell phone..Birds start falling from the air..the female has nose bleed..then somekind of UFO hiding in the Clouds..this is a type of UFO that has been seen in Russia..uses a Cell Phone Tower as a Weapon and Blows them up..These 2 young people also speak in a Foreign Language..so I cannot tell where the video was taken from..I think it is real..

Can you also check out SETI Discovery of Fleet of UFO'S heading towards the Earth..on Youtube..I contacted MUFON about this and Clifford Clint verified that this is real...The Government temp. took their funding away and The US Navy took over SETI equipment

Amy in NC

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Apollo7

You mean this one?

Had me going until the end. You don't believe this do you?

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

I hope to hell that Apollo/Amy was trying to have a luagh.

That vid is definitely cgi'd and poorly at that.

Apollo if you are serious, you might want to be a little less accepting of everything you see and read on the net.

I know, forbid, I'll get called an evil naysayer, since this thread is against naysayers, but....

c'mon people.
:shk:

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Let's please stay on topic, which is manners in the Aliens & UFOs forum, not evaluation of specific cases.

For that, there's the entire rest of the forum.

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

BEST POST I have ever read regarding the fact that people need to grow up and treat others civilly and with kindness. Slamming others simply because they have a different opinion than you is ridiculous and shouldn't be accepted. That level of ignorance is beyond moronic and simply on the same mental and behavioral level as that of a f**king caveman!

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I'm a debunker. Why am I a debunker? Because the majority of humans are blind believers and this forum, as well as most other forums dealing with UFOs and alleged aliens/ETs, rarely contain anything of substance. Believers can only sustain other believers. A believer, as proven by cult deprogrammers, are a hardy lot and will go to all extremes to support their blind belief.

I would guess that 99% of all threads depend on claims that are not supported by irrefutable evidence. I'm a member, and have been so for a few years with approximately 50+ threads, for that 1% which might be something of interest and which usually are the better threads.

Additionally, forums such as this one, exist because of the new blood that arrives almost every day and, boom!, that new blood posts tired, old cases and non-worthy videos which have also been posted ad nauseaum.

Members of this forum who are believers are lazy and do not even want to use the Search function, eventually being told that the topic or video has been bled to death.

Civility must rule, of course, but it is so tempting to tell some members that they are just dumb and one has to hold back on doing so. I am guilty of having given in to temptation.

A forum such as this can exist without skeptics and debunkers and it would probably contain 100% ecstatic members who would accomplish only fooling each other and not helping future UFOlogists because common sense and logic are in short supply.

Authors such as Stanton Friedman, for example, love these forums because they continue to get rich and notorious due to the b.s. they publish which is then posted here and fought over by the believers where educated skeptics and debunkers such as myself see through their b.s.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Hi People all new to this coming all the way from Kiwiland New Zealand I wrote this tonight what you think?.Nothing new to most of you here but thought I would share.
What is of Interest to Myself in this subject is the fact that alot of people who see these Ufo's is that they assume they the real ones are Extra-terrestrial "ET's" meaning they would have to cover great distances maybe to come from other planets or Star Systems.
If that were the case it would more than likely just be a probe that was sent,most would come and have a look around check out the state of the planet and report back with the Details without effecting the natural life of planet to much if can be helped.
Just as ourselves do in a Wildlife Park or Reserve.
So what are we looking at here.
These things have being observed here more than ever in known History since the 1940's around the time man learnt to Manipulate the Atom and effect this Planet and all life on it including above and below it as a whole also with now the possibility of total Planet Destruction.
Now since the 1940's there has been Ten of thousands of reports if only 1% of these Sightings are the real deal it's a very big deal meaning we are not along and under close observation.
Remember also of the Tens of thousands reported I believe about 95% of sightings go unreported due to the ridicule factor I would call it.
No one wants to be known as been "Mad as a Meat Axe" with people looking at you side ways and questioning your state of mind.
But the tide is changing and people are more Connected now more than ever and now know they are not alone by any means with so many sightings.
So lets look at a lot of these Unknowns a little closer.
As with many many of these sightings people witness a lot of three things that seem the same and happen a lot.
1, Objects been able to move at the greatest of speeds.

2, Objects that don't seem to be effected a lot or at all by our Gravity been able to perform 90 degrees tuns without been affected by G Forces it would seem.

3,Objects that can Disappear in a blink of the eye and become Invisible and in some cases Reappear.

Looking at these three things along tells us they have a neat bag of tricks at there disposal.
And to call these things as some do Multi -dimensional or Ultra - dimensional would be a better description due to the fact that they seem to be able to control matter and prehaps even our time space.
Maybe just maybe these beings or forms of life as has been already put forward by some Researchers are not from other Star Systems at all but Other Dimensions that are beside or within this very World of our own very close by Perhaps.
Now too myself this would explain the great growth in Worldwide sightings as we as a Race move in fast forward mode in the New World of Modern technology.
I myself like to think of it like this - would you be happy if a Gorilla got its hands on a AK-47 and a endless supply of Ammo and didn't want to let go of it.
To be out there Anywhere raging havoc in the jungle and now is heading towards your town without knowing or even understanding anything of our lives.
The Gorilla is simply not ready as a creature for such a Weapon in the first place which could effect us greatly without even knowing or even caring.
And then having to try to explain these things to it when it has no part in its reality in the first place.
This of course would be of great concern to us but thankfully this is not "Planet of the Apes".

Now think of yourself looking at a baby that has got itself out of the Cot so to speak and is now playing with the Matches would not this also Concern yourself because not only could the child hurt itself but also Burn the house down.So now we must take some action but at the same time knowing it is only a child with little understanding we must be gentle and patience as it is only a child in the first place and does not really know better.
Maybe just maybe we are the same as that child.
Remember:
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of Absence".
I will leave you tonight with a Quote of Sherlock holmes - "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?
Have a good evening.
Jas

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Hypocrisy (hi' pó kru see):
1. An expression of agreement that is not supported by real conviction.
2. Insincerity by virtue of pretending to have qualities or beliefs that you do not really have.
3. Accusing someone else of uncivil behavior by being uncivil yourself - as in the following:

Originally posted by Caidema
reply to post by Springer

BEST POST I have ever read regarding the fact that people need to grow up and treat others civilly and with kindness. Slamming others simply because they have a different opinion than you is ridiculous and shouldn't be accepted. That level of ignorance is beyond moronic and simply on the same mental and behavioral level as that of a f**king caveman!

It has been my personal experience that the alien visitation believers are far more rude than the people who believe in more mundane explanations for random lights in the sky. In almost every single ufo/alien thread in this forum there will be some sarcastic believer making a post such as "chinese lantern, swamp gas, weather balloon
" before the thread even gets to it's third page or a post that borders on personal attack as per the provided quote... but this type of "ignorance beyond moronic" (as per the quote) is routinely tolerated.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Apollo7

It's in Dutch, and if something like that happened in the Netherlands, I would've known a long time ago since I either have relatives, or know people in almost every part of the country.

To me it looks like a student project or a simple hoax.

If you were just kidding, disregard my comments above.

But anyway, back to the topic at hand like Majic said.
edit on 7-3-2012 by TheBandit795 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
take a looksy...

www.wanttoknow.info...

inform yourselves before you make judgements

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

you are right but not completely. not all "believers" automatically take someones word or rtmor as being true right away. A LOT of people, like myself, will always look at both sides of the arguement and research all possible info available and then form a conclusion. if the evidence supports something them im all for it. i used to be a skeptic, but then I saw a UFO back in june 2000, and had a very close elderly couple who are friends of the family, dont lie, good church going people and the husband is actually james deans cousin as well, but anyway they explained to me while i stayed with them for a week, that when he was in the miklitary as a young man, he was stationed at a base where he saw actual alien bodies. he doesnt like talking about it at all, infact he couldnt finish the story for getting really emo9tional and withdrawn, so his wife took over n told the rest of it. There is no reason they would lie, plus I saw pictures around theyre house of himself and others in the military, some pics posing withfellow military buddies at the base. I had to summarize this story or else it would take a half hour to tell the whole thing. anyway i understand where your coming from, but a lot of UFO/Alien "events" did tsake place and if u researched you would see this. the really gullible people give it a bad name at times

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join