It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ENOUGH! Manners in the Aliens/UFO Forum and those who habitually deride, insult, and just LOVE being

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteDevil013

With an avatar like that, how can you even wonder why your views don't receive special treatment?

what does my avatar have to do with anything? ridiculous comment that proves my point...

thanks

rich
edit on 8-11-2010 by RICH-ENGLAND because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by HermitShip
You know, he is right, because I dont plan on spending much time any longer on ATS. This is the main reason why I have lurked for so long, without contributing. Its Peoples attitudes. I have lurked around this site for a while now. And I find most People are very closed minded. Arrogant. And anything but "above top secret", because the Mentality reminds me of MSM viewers, and most of the People I find in the real World as well.

I have 2 jobs. A wife. A Family. And losts of stress. I dont need anymore just to be a part of a community that I can find in the real World anytime by going down the street and talking to my neighbors and getting the same attitude from them. Hey, going with the neighbors is actually better, because at least I will be outside, communicating with People in Person, instead of sitting behind a keyboard, thinking Im the God of the all knowing keyboard commando brigade.

Hermit - While I can't condone rudeness by anyone who is a skeptic or anyone who asks for some sort of proof to any claim made on ATS and I do not know the specifics about the thread you made reference to, does it make you any better than them when you throw out the usual comments of "closed minded" and "arrogant" and adding "God of the all knowing keyboard commando brigade" when referring to someone who does not have the same beliefs as you?

You fail to give out the same civility you demand from us in the minority opinion. That's why some of us in this thread have our knickers in a twist.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Seagull.....

Because of the risk of my post being viewed as simply dwelling on semantics in lieu of a salient argument, I have removed it.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

edit on 8-11-2010 by Maybe...maybe not because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by tallcool1

I understand that. But that is how I feel. I feel like many People view themselves as the Gods of knowledge here. Ive always wanted ATS to be a place to learn, to share, to try to understand other People, and what they believe to be their perception of reality. A place to push the boundaries of known knowledge. I also understand the purpose of the critic in regards to the entire process. The critic is critical in the progression of knowledge, for they are the ones whom hone the seeker to refine their theories, and better their own understanding of what they believe.

However, I think there is a fine line. It often seems that the critic is no longer interested in helping progress knowledge, but is more interested in proving another wrong for their own egos sake, and satisfaction of proving someone wrong. When this starts to take place, the critic and the seeker are no longer working hand in hand to progress knowledge. And thus the gatekeeper of knowledge is born. The gatekeeper then dictates what is real and what is not real hindering theory, and stagnating the entire process.

Mind you, these are just my feelings on this subject. I am a feeling Person. I am empathic. So I tend to speak from my heart which leads to ambiguous words and projected thought forms. Which only have any real true meaning with me.

But you are correct in your reasoning. Hopefully this thread will lead to understanding from both sides, so that we all can come to a better understanding of each other.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Seems simple enough.

Debate is welcome; Keep it meaningful, relevant and civil.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by HermitShip

Thanks Hermit. I agree with you.
I still don't believe we are being visited, but I agree with your post except from the other side.

I don't know if that made sense, but I know what I am trying to say.

Either way, star for you.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by phoenix_zephyr
reply to post by Riffrafter

Primarily, they're not Happy enough to join the party

- Phoenix

Or maybe they're out looking for 2?

[ I can't believe I forgot to include it - as it be the fiercest of the bunch ]
edit on 11/8/2010 by Riffrafter because: garden variety idiocy

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by etcorngods
The only thing worse than Rude people? Polite people.

Only if they do not mean it.

After some time it's relatively easy to see when someone is naturally rude but is not attacking another person or when someone is faking politeness but is using "smooth" words to attack another person.

The biggest problem is the intent, not the words.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Thank-you for this post, it seems to be part of the general mood here as of late and I think we all could use less of the attitude. People seem to think since they're behind their PC's that there can be no repercussions and they can be as rude as they want. It would be nice to have less of the negativity. I hope you and the other mods enforce this.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
An excellent post, I agree one hundred percent to everything you said. It costs absolutely nothing to be polite and courteous to your fellow members. If a person does not agree with what you have written then they can say so in many ways without the need to be offensive or impolite. To be on the receiving end of ones bad judgment in words can greatly reduce ones enjoyment of participation in the discussions.

Peace,

Seq

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Originally posted by etcorngods
The only thing worse than Rude people? Polite people.

Only if they do not mean it.

After some time it's relatively easy to see when someone is naturally rude but is not attacking another person or when someone is faking politeness but is using "smooth" words to attack another person.

The biggest problem is the intent, not the words.

Lots of people have the same king -- FaKing.

Terrible -- those who practice being Nice to the extent that they never stand up for what's right, don't give it to someone who deserves it.

edit on 8-11-2010 by etcorngods because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Riffrafter

Or maybe they're out looking for 2?

[ I can't believe I forgot to include it - as it be the fiercest of the bunch ]

Perhaps, perhaps. Whilst 2,3 and 5 would be Prime candidates to be included in the party in my signature, as I said, they are not Happy enough to join
As for 1? Well, I'm sure it has it's own special little parties

( Apologies for the Off-Topic-ness, no-one's ever asked about my signature before
)

- Phoenix

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by RICH-ENGLAND
reply to post by WhiteDevil013

With an avatar like that, how can you even wonder why your views don't receive special treatment?

what does my avatar have to do with anything? ridiculous comment that proves my point...

thanks

rich
edit on 8-11-2010 by RICH-ENGLAND because: (no reason given)

Make a complaint.

Everyone who feels we are being rude to them seems to do so!. Hell! Even the Mods/Admin seem to jump in and accuse us of being rude without anyone making a complaint.

Turn it back on them. We take abuse without complaint. Start complaining.

Best wishes,
Slippery Jim.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Slippery Jim

I think you're actually catching on now!

Springer...

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
11 pages, the 3rd thread this week dealing with civility in this forum. :shk:

Do some just like to argue for the sake of it? That isn't what ATS is about. I've been around long enough to know.

Bottom line........ NO MATTER WHO YOU ARE OR WHAT YOUR LEANINGS ARE.... BE CIVIL!

Grade schoolers would get this.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
11 pages, the 3rd thread this week dealing with civility in this forum. :shk:

Do some just like to argue for the sake of it?[/qoute]

No I don't! Got a problem with that?

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Slippery Jim

as i explained before, i cannot make any complaints, many of the features of ATS no longer work on my ps3 web browser after its re design.

thanks

rich

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I've learned that the most important thing at ATS is don't disagree with the OWNER. My post that you responded to was removed.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join