It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Norway says: No Way to Mosque until Equal Treatment from Saudi Arabia!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Usually, my liberal senses would go off and bash Norway for this discrimination...but they have a valid point....kinda.

Saudi Arabia is strictly a Muslim nation while Norway is more open to various religions.

I'm interested in seeing where this one goes.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
That list of countries with Christian churches further up needs to
be reworked.

Turkey e.g. has not even one independent Christian church. There is
a house near Antalya, where tourists have a reduced church service.

Germany is pushing Turkey, also as a pre-condition of accession to
the EU, for years to grant Christian churches their proper piece of
land for the buildings as well as their acknowledgement.

In Iraq Christians are being bombed out of the country by, among others,
AlQaida. Only a week ago almost 50 Christians were blown up in a
church. This minority has dwindled from about a million down to 100,000
or so over the past years of war. Germany is granting asylum to many of
them fleeing Iraq.

In Iran Christians were forced into underground churches of the Armenians
for their service. There seem to be about 100,000 Muslim apostates having
converted to Christendom, who are now being threatened by capital punish-
ment. If there is still practice of non-Muslim religion, it is under fear.

Just google "Christians in ..." and you will learn how free Christians are in
those countries to practice their beliefs.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

Good for Norway.

Let the rest of the world follow suit.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Well done

I totally agree with what he says.... Hypocrits isnt a virtue.... and won't get you into the promised land.... or the great place where the good willers go (if it exists).... na, i'm sure there s something out there or hope so....

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

And you too oldman, Muslims will dominate Europe before you die, be prepared

I love to piss Islamophobics off

lol good luck with that Oozy, you seem to forget the Europeans fought off the Nazis and the communists - You must be naive to think Europe will allow Islam to become dominant.

We're not that stupid. I think people are waking up to this menace.

You love to piss off Islamophobics, but with comments like these - you CREATE Islamaphobia.

Europe does not need Islam, we're evolving not stepping backwards back into the dark ages. You keep breeding, but how many of your loyal muslims are renouncing their religion?

As i say... Good luck. The good, honest, decent folk of Europe will not allow your barbaric beliefs take over.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

And you too oldman, Muslims will dominate Europe before you die, be prepared

I love to piss Islamophobics off

lol good luck with that Oozy, you seem to forget the Europeans fought off the Nazis and the communists - You must be naive to think Europe will allow Islam to become dominant.

We're not that stupid. I think people are waking up to this menace.

You love to piss off Islamophobics, but with comments like these - you CREATE Islamaphobia.

Europe does not need Islam, we're evolving not stepping backwards back into the dark ages. You keep breeding, but how many of your loyal muslims are renouncing their religion?

As i say... Good luck. The good, honest, decent folk of Europe will not allow your barbaric beliefs take over.

Fan-freaking-tastic! This thread is a breath of fresh air for me. Since i signed up to ATS two months ago, i have engaged in debates on several threads about the problems with Islam in general. I dont believe all Muslims are bad, but there are deep, underlying issues that need to be addressed with it here in the West.

I have gotten used to being jumped all over for expressing concern on issues such as religious intolerance and sexism in Islamic culture. I must say, it is nice to see there are some people here with some common sense and can call a spade a spade.

Good for Norway! I truely hope that other Western countries will follow suit in such circumstances. The US would be wise to do the same with the mosque planned for New York. Time to reduce dependance on Saudi oil.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Wow... a supposedly open and tolerant government demands another government become as open and tolerant as they are... sounds pretty intolerant.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by 123321

Exactly. How many Christian churches are built in Turkey, Lebanon, Saudi Arabia, UAE?

Actually, I'm Lebanese and raised as a Christian, and we have a lot of churches. Before the civil war started in 1975, more than 50% of the population was of Christian belief, statistics now say about 35% of the population is Christian.

However I spent 10 years in the UAE, and I can confirm that the number of churches is minimal at best.
But that does not mean I was persecuted for being a Christian, I never had any sort of discrimination due to my religion, may it be in Lebanon or in the UAE.

Now, on topic. Considering I've lived most of my life in two countries with a big Muslim population, I have many many Muslim friends, and they all have a disagreement with the laws in Saudi-Arabia, including the one dictated in the OP. Hell, I even have a Saudi friend who agrees with me. So I say good move Norway

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by kenochs
Wow... a supposedly open and tolerant government demands another government become as open and tolerant as they are... sounds pretty intolerant.

I dont believe the Norweigian government made any demands of the Saudis. We Westerners value tolerance and freedom. Heaven forbid we should hold another country up to our standards!

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

You're a Islamophobic, that is why you only focused on the joke part of my post rather than the part which was actually on topic.

Are you suggesting Norway doesn't have bigger problems? Or that Muslims don't have bigger problems?

Didn't Nazi Germany use this kind of tactics? Which backlashed? And ended with destroyed Germnay, and raped German women??

That was against couple of million Jews, Norway is trying it against one quarter of the world

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

You're a Islamophobic, that is why you only focused on the joke part of my post rather than the part which was actually on topic.

Nope - i've seen some of the other trash you talk on here, thus i made an assumption that you'd LOVE an islamic-european state. Whereas i and thousands and thousands of others wouldn't.

Are you suggesting Norway doesn't have bigger problems? Or that Muslims don't have bigger problems?

Nope they probably do. But they're just putting their foot down. Fair play to them.

Didn't Nazi Germany use this kind of tactics? Which backlashed? And ended with destroyed Germnay, and raped German women??

Yep we don't want fascists either. No fascists, no Islamic militants, no insane people full stop.

That was against couple of million Jews, Norway is trying it against one quarter of the world

Not just Norway. But i get your point.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen

Originally posted by civilchallenger

As always in politics, two wrongs make a right. Violating personal property rights in Norway must therefore be a good solution to the violation of property rights in Saudi Arabia.

No, it's about demanding respect as well as giving it. It's called not being a mug.

second

Respect is *never* gained by demand. There is a big big difference between compliance by punishment and respect. Your version of respect is no more than prison respect... simply fear of punishment and retribution. Respect is properly gained by being earned. I respect nature. I have no respect for prison thugs who could whoop my ass. Perhaps you respect prison thugs and that is your choice. Norway is the prison thug in this case.

There is no excuse for violating personal property rights. If you take violate someone's property rights the best place for you may be prison. This sort of policy is childish at best, and pro-violence at worst.

Again, you advocate that the best way to solve violations of property rights is with violations of property rights. Patently ridiculous. Last week I believe in Iraq people were killed for being Muslim. Following your logic, Muslims in Norway should now kill people for being Christian in order to "demand respect". Its a fools game and it accomplishes exactly nothing.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   

LOL

So you are saying that both Norway and Muslims have much bigger problems to face than this, so why is this important? How is this an issue? It seems they want it to be an issue, although it is not an issue, and you agree.

By the way, Norway wasn't against fascism, Norway was kinda neutral in WWII

And a bigger problem Norway is facing, US fascism:

He spoke shortly after a top Swedish prosecutor announced he had opened a probe to determine whether the surveillance was illegal. Swedish Justice Minister Beatrice Ask earlier indicated the US embassy in Stockholm had secretly spied on Swedish residents in the capital since 2000.

Similar allegations surfaced in Oslo and Copenhagen last week, and in all three countries, national officials insisted they had not been informed of the surveillance activities, which extended to monitoring demonstrations and storing personal information about protesters.

That is what I call fascism.

May GOD help Europe against US.

www.google.com...

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by GW8UK
Its issues like this that cause me and my friends to push for a one world government

Yea, because that just screams freedom for everyone.

Right?

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Just to keep the facts straight, Sweden was neutral during WWII. Norway was actually occupied by Nazi Germany from April 9, 1940 until May 8, 1945, and we had a strong resistance movement. Among other things they managed to blow up a heavy water production plant in Telemark and prevent Adolf Hitler from developing a-bombs. Norway was hardly neutral.

en.wikipedia.org...

I guess the Nazi Germany occupation experience is one of the main reasons we Norwegians value human rights, freedom and equality so much.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Having lived in Qatar for a year and a half, i think i can safely say that hell will freeze over before a Christian church is built anywhere in the Middle East.

The Middle Eastern nations, especially Saudi Arabia are bigots who talk the talk of Judaism/Christianity/Islam being the sons of Abraham, yet they spectacularly fail when it comes to walking the walk of brotherhood.

The only nation that will show toleration will be Iran as it already has Christians and Jews amongst its population, but that shouldn't be a surprise to anybody, the Shia have always been the progressive part of Islam unlike the belligerent Sunni's who still crave a global caliphate.

In my opinion all of the western nations should deny any further construction of mosques until freedom of religion is brought to the Muslim world, especially the Sunni nations, who sadly are still living in the dark ages.

Cosmic...

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen

As always in politics, two wrongs make a right. Violating personal property rights in Norway must therefore be a good solution to the violation of property rights in Saudi Arabia.

No, it's about demanding respect as well as giving it. It's called not being a mug.

second

Respect is *never* gained by demand. There is a big big difference between compliance by punishment and respect. Your version of respect is no more than prison respect... simply fear of punishment and retribution. Respect is properly gained by being earned. I respect nature. I have no respect for prison thugs who could whoop my ass. Perhaps you respect prison thugs and that is your choice. Norway is the prison thug in this case.

There is no excuse for violating personal property rights. If you take violate someone's property rights the best place for you may be prison. This sort of policy is childish at best, and pro-violence at worst.

Again, you advocate that the best way to solve violations of property rights is with violations of property rights. Patently ridiculous. Last week I believe in Iraq people were killed for being Muslim. Following your logic, Muslims in Norway should now kill people for being Christian in order to "demand respect". Its a fools game and it accomplishes exactly nothing.

I have to disagree. Respect needs to be a requirement in certain situations. No respect, no deal. I have not spoken of fear or retribution - they are both things I am totally against. But if in certain situations there is not mutual respect, there cannot be a positive outcome.

You have spun a huge story on the basis of your own negative interpretation of the intention behind what I said and what values I hold. They couldn't be further from the truth, believe me.

You know nothing about me, nor what I have spent my whole life supporting, and I can assure you, neither prejudice nor hatred, nor punishment nor retribution is on that list.

You however, have just made all sorts of false statements about me and your post reeks of anger, hatred and resentment and lack of respect. Time to try to practice what you preach IMO.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   

So you are saying that both Norway and Muslims have much bigger problems to face than this, so why is this important? How is this an issue? It seems they want it to be an issue, although it is not an issue, and you agree.

Are you telling the citizens and government of Norway what they should or shouldn't be concerned about? Be my guest. Allow me to pull up a hypothetical chair.

Duh?
Am i debating with a toddler here? The point is, in the 21st century Norway (being neutral as you say) have every right to make observations, they've witnessed this Islamic tide you keep mentioning that will take over Europe, and then i find it hard that you think Norway shouldn't be concerned?

If you're gonna have an arguement, don't be so surprised if people take note of your words, as they will be quoted back at you. YOU mentioned how in reference to another ATS member you said something along the lines of
'By the time you're dead - Europe will belong to Islam'

And then... You pretend not to understand why Norway is playing the cautious side.

And a bigger problem Norway is facing, US fascism:

One of many, that every country in the world faces. Some face problems from religion, some tribal, some land disputes, some government, some tribal, trade, resources etc... In this case Norway is concerned about Islam, but feel free to make a topic about how Norway is facing fascism from the US.

May GOD help Europe against US.

May the PEOPLE of Europe not be swayed by anyone with extremes, political, religious or otherwise.

edit on 8-11-2010 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   

While Europe is distracted by Muslim fascists, American fascism will take over.

Once again, may GOD save Europe from American fascism.

Did you know America planned to use drones against German targets, just like they are doing in Pakistan

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   

While Europe is distracted by Muslim fascists, American fascism will take over.

Once again, may GOD save Europe from American fascism.

Did you know America planned to use drones against German targets, just like they are doing in Pakistan

Oh really! Do tell oh wise Oozy! Please show us proof of Americans bombing Germans sometime after 1945. And Muslim extremists don't count, id give a big bravo for any of them bombed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join