It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Norway says: No Way to Mosque until Equal Treatment from Saudi Arabia!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

Exactly. How many Christian churches are built in Turkey, Lebanon, Saudi Arabia, UAE?
There are many Europeans that live and work in Emirates. And how many cathedrals were built there, or anywhere in the Middle East? Yes, you guessed it, ZERO! And look at Europe now.

Looks like there are more minarets than cellphone towers!
I can't listen to their bull**** about how their religion is discriminated in Europe! I am literally sick of it! And what about how they treat Europeans are treated there? HUH??!!!
Did you that there are "special regions", villages to be exact, in Bosnia and Herzegovina where Sharia law is applied, and Christians are "NOT WELCOME" there. So much about freedom and equality. You give them finger, and they take your whole hand.
All European countries should do exactly what Norway did.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Ignorancy at it's best.

My first point... Saudi Arabia is like the Vatican of the Islamic world, ever thought of that or is there any Mosque in the Vatican needed to be pointed out? Yeah... I hope you did.Need I say more?

Ok let's keep adding on to the sayings of no churches in the Middle East

Who says that there is not chruches, cathedrals, etc in the Middle East?

There are chruches in:

Algeria
Bahrain
Bangladesh
Egypt
Indonesia
Iran
Iraq
Jordan
Kuwait
Libya
Morrocco
Pakistan
Syria
Turkey
U.A.E

Probably countless other countries missed.

Don't be fooled people, not the place to be duped by the media.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Wow a politician that comes out on a religion issue, ouch gonna make some new enmies, better watch out, they might try to stab him, heheh,

ouch that was evil, sorry

Dudes got a point, alot of westerners are frustrated at how the world is behing run, and yea maybe most of the world dosent think like cnn or fox tell us too

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   

I am not sure if I agree or disagree. I do think that Saudi Arabia is wrong for their treatments of non Muslims but I am surprised that Norway would stoop to their level. On the other hand if Saudi Arabia is funding this mosque then perhaps it is only fair to stop the project until the Saudis change their stance on non Muslim worship. On a slightly related note does anyone recall Obama wearing that head dress in Israel when he visited that holy site but he would not visit a site in India because it required to wear a special head dress? I find that kind of odd, why one but not the other?

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by RizeorDie
I'm a muslim and i star and flag this...

this might be unrelated but USA should have invaded Saudi arabia instead of Iraq in 2003...

destroy the wahabi disease!!

well...the problem is that Saudi Arabia is supported by the USA. The USA will support any GOV that gives way to them...that's why so many dictators came into power in South America...so...really....it does not matter what the USA does or not....it just cares its own interests.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daniyal
Ignorancy at it's best.

My first point... Saudi Arabia is like the Vatican of the Islamic world, ever thought of that or is there any Mosque in the Vatican needed to be pointed out? Yeah... I hope you did.Need I say more?

There are chruches in:

Algeria
Bahrain
Bangladesh
Egypt
Indonesia
Iran
Iraq
Jordan
Kuwait
Libya
Morrocco
Pakistan
Syria
Turkey
U.A.E

Equating a tiny, 110 acre city-state with a population of 800 people with the whole of Saudi Arabia is preposterous. Even if you wanted to build a mosque in Vatican City, there would be no room to do it. Your argument does not wash.

Saudi Arabia does not allow churches. This was the subject of the OP, what does listing off other muslim countries with churches have to do with this? The original argument still stands. If Saudi Arabia doesn not allow churches, how can they sit on thier high horse and get bent out of shape when other countries refuse mosques?

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   

WOW!!!!!!! I think the US and all other nations in the world should demand the same. I love the people of Norway.

This is the most just and brave demand by the nation who has the highest standard of education.

This will thwart the Moslem terrorists activities throughout the world.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anom3
I have never heard about this.

We already have several mosques in Norway..

wiki

edit on 7-11-2010 by Anom3 because: add link

It's in Tromsø.

They're gonna build the state of the art mega Mosque (256 muslims in Tromsø) for Saudi wahabi money, locals are furious.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   

I would say Norway got bigger problems, this is a classic way of diverting attention, even the Nazis did it using Jews instead of Muslims.

Not long ago they did it in US is well.

I'm sure Muslims got bigger problems too.

And you too oldman, Muslims will dominate Europe before you die, be prepared

I love to piss Islamophobics off

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman
I would say, applause to Norway.
According to news reports the saga has been disputed for a number of weeks.
The Sunni intelligentsia in Saudi Arabia wanted to sponsor a multi-million dollar mosque in Norway.
In Norway an opinion is popular which would stop such a project, until Saudi Arabia allows the building of churches.

Here is the article:
islamineurope.blogspot.com...

In my opinion the Norwegians are correct.
I only hear how Christians are restricted and must meet in alleys and homes in some Muslim states.
Nothing against Islam as such, but sauce for the goose and sauce for the gander.

Even though I despise Christianity and Islam and all other religions, I cant deny that Norway are being perfectly fair here.All churches,mosques, synagogues and temples should be destroyed.They are deifices to the the corruption and defiling of the human mind.

Norway of course is a place where churches get torched.And rightly so.Let them build a mosque.Then light it up for them.Go Norway!

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
This is a really important subject- how can Islamia demand they be treated with respect when they clearly hate and despise those who belong to other religions? Saudi Arabia, if it wasn't for their oil, would have been bombed back to the stone age long ago due to their utterly fascist policies. You don't see American and European diplomats saying "we need to promote Democracy in Saudi Arabia." No, you don't, because it's a laughable proposition. People are routinely executed in Saudi Arabia for things like being gay, smoking hashish, or refusing to wear a burka. Women are killed for committing adultery, while it is ok for men. Saudi Arabia is one of the worst, most despicable countries in the world, where the Wahhabi movement started. Osama Bin Ladin is Wahabi (ultra conservative right wing Sunni Muslim). So next time they ask to build a #ty terrorist factory mosque anywhere, the answer should be a firm "no" because they really aren't the friends of anybody except the Bush family, and the Rothschilds who are merely kept in line by their addiction to oil.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daniyal
Ignorancy at it's best.

There are chruches in:

Algeria
Bahrain
Bangladesh
Egypt
Indonesia
Iran
Iraq
Jordan
Kuwait
Libya
Morrocco
Pakistan
Syria
Turkey
U.A.E

none of those nations matter, as none of them say "Saudi Arabia".

"Saudi Arabia" is the nation financing the construction of the mosque.

"Saudi Arabia" is a nation.

the Vatican, is not a nation.

please strengthen your argument.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by WashingtonGrewHemp

do they really execute for smoking hashish?

that isnt very nice. screw shariah whoever she is.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   

As always in politics, two wrongs make a right. Violating personal property rights in Norway must therefore be a good solution to the violation of property rights in Saudi Arabia.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by RelentlessLurker

Even though comparing Vatican City to Saudi Arabia in terms of what can be built there is ridiculous I must point out that yes Vatican City is a sovereign nation.

That being said it is absurd to bring other countries in the middle east into this discussion. The OP is about Saudi Arabia's stance on the building of Churches so therefore only Saudi Arabia should be discussed with no regard given to other nations in the middle east.

I applaud Norway's actions and think other countries should follow suit. I am anxious to hear someone defend the right of Saudi Arabia to demand religious freedom (i.e. construction of mosques) in non Islamic countries while barring religious freedom (i.e. construction of non Islamic worship centers) within Saudi Arabia.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Dilligaf28

and its odd, that Saudi Arabia funds religious expansion more than any of them.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dilligaf28
reply to post by RelentlessLurker

I applaud Norway's actions and think other countries should follow suit. I am anxious to hear someone defend the right of Saudi Arabia to demand religious freedom (i.e. construction of mosques) in non Islamic countries while barring religious freedom (i.e. construction of non Islamic worship centers) within Saudi Arabia.

Dont worry, Oozy will jump on that very shortly, somehow blaming the West and Israel for Saudi Arabias actions and intolerance. He will defend SA while in the same breath blaming Norway. It should be interesting.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
A voice of reason and common sense in the lunatic asylum which government has become. Someone who finally speaks for the majority of the people.

Good for you Norway. Europe, USA - who will have the courage to follow suit?

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by civilchallenger

As always in politics, two wrongs make a right. Violating personal property rights in Norway must therefore be a good solution to the violation of property rights in Saudi Arabia.

No, it's about demanding respect as well as giving it. It's called not being a mug.

second

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Let me begin that I have a completely different opinion compared to many of the posters in this thread.

Sure, Norway has every right not to allow mosques into the country unless equal rights are given. It seems almost fair to myself and many of you.

I understand that, for I too would be angry if I did not get the same respect that I treat others with. It's a punch in the face...and Norway wanting its religion to be treated fairly is hitting all the green buttons.

But it's just tit for tat, an eye for an eye...a nose for a nose...

Norway shouldn't stop thousands of people wanting to worship a God just because a bunch of bigoted men are racist fads...

Norway are much better than that, I tell you. They should keep their head held high and be ABOVE the racism...they should be proud to not be affected by it.

And think about it...I feel that one day there will be war, a war on religion and possibly on this very subject...hell it might be a way for other countries to get what they want...war.

Norway are right in many ways...yet wrong in many ways as well..

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join