It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Jesus was God, why did he pray to himself?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

"Jesus is GOD, that is blasphemy"

I have heard His voice literally

For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.-John10.32

So you testify that you approve of what your ancestors did-Luke11.48

being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God-Philippians2.6

going back to the Father-John16.27

that in me first Jesus Christ might show all longsuffering, as a pattern to those who are going to believe on Him for everlasting life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, to God who alone is wise,be honor and glory forever and ever.-1Timothy1.16

For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.-Matthew12.37
edit on 7-11-2010 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
"For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one" [First Epistle of John 5:7]

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

jesus is all god and all man.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
Now as a person who is not a Christian. I know what I'm talking about here. "laughs to myself gently." I came across this blog and was curious as to what Christians have to say to this article.
Source Click the source.
Now I know Christians have different views on Jesus and the concept of God. The concept of God in Judaism and Islam is similar. God in Judaism God in Islam It would be a sin in Judaism and Islam to claim God as a human. Which is idolatry. I know Some of you would post the comment Jesus was at the time of Abraham. Then why didn't he appear in human forum and build God as an idol? The same with destroying the idols his brother created? I would imagine he would create a little Jesus statue figure if he spoke to Jesus.

Others have said it already. Jesus is not God. Some Christians will attempt to rationalize this by saying that Jesus is the Son and since the Son is of God, like the spirit, then the Son is God. This is double talk in my view. The person of God is in no way anything even remotely similar to a human being. It only happens that we inhabit one of the planets that God made. God has never appeared to any human and never will. We are far too imperfect for that. Jesus or an Angel, on the other hand, are of very high spiritual status but not so high that they cannot appear to us. They can appear to us though their natural light tends to stun us somewhat. Remember when Jesus appeared to the disciples after his temporal death and how He was surrounded by light. It was an Angel that appeared to Moses. God spoke through Gabriel then but did not Himself appear.

Yes Jesus "was" in the time of Abraham and before as well. Jesus is a very advanced soul whose duty it is to be the teacher to the world. Using the power of God, to which he had access in moderation, Jesus worked some "miracles". Some say, wrongly, that only God can do those things. Not so. Anyone who is pure enough to access a small bit of God can do these things.

The subject of idolatry tells of an effort to move humans away from the worship of multiple gods and towards knowledge of the one true God. Idols in themselves are of no consequence. The primary reason for Jesus living openly in that time was because of a change in humanities perception of God. Until that time we had been taught to live by the "law"; obedience to the law. Now it was time for us to move to a new concept which was live by "love". This is apparent to anyone who reads the gospels. There is great trouble in religions now because too many have never made that change and still preach strict obedience. The fact is that humans grow spiritually and need to learn new things all the time. Some religions hold us back. The result of this is seen in the world right now. Violence and conflict over religious practice. The whole of it is quite simple really.

Note: Every two thousand years a change such as the one told of above occurs. We moved from obedience of law to love through law and now it is again time to change. This is why there is so much talk of Christ's return. He will. The event will be the ushering in of the next change in the spirituality training of humanity. This new road will lead us to the Kingdom of God. Religions will change or be left behind. As in all else there will be leaders, followers and those who refuse to move.

We humans are very interesting.

tt

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain
"For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one" [First Epistle of John 5:7]

The Bible is corrupt, ask your scholars, at least they have the courtesy to tell the truth.

People like you with blind faith [oozy shakes head]

Did you even take in to consideration the verses and Jesus quotes I posted?

Do they mean anything to you?

I guess his own word is not good enough

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

I tell you a time is coming and has now come when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God and those who hear will live.

one died for all, and therefore all died.

****one night after picking up a green pocket size Gideon NT that a woman had left on the counter a few days earlier and as soon as I began to open the cover but before reading (or knowing anything) I heard an audible voice as if sitting beside me to the left that said my name then-"I am Jesus I died for your sins believe in Me and you will never perish"-exceedingly awestruck I quickly stood to my feet turned towards the voice and said yes Lord

no one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit.

I say to you, all sins will be forgiven the sons of men, and whatever blasphemies they may utter; but he who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is subject to eternal condemnation” because they said, “He has an unclean spirit.”

You say you have faith, for you believe that there is one God. Good for you! Even the demons believe this, and tremble in terror.

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

These are the Scriptures that testify about me(Jesus)

Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

“You are from beneath; I am from above...Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I am He, you will die in your sins.” Then they said to Him, “Who are You?”And Jesus said to them, “Just what I have been saying to you from the beginning.

edit on 8-11-2010 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Rustami

If I'm a liar and the Antichrist then so be it. I would prefer to follow the laws of God then the laws of the people. Wouldn't you agree?

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   

And the Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel to Abraham beforehand, saying, “In you all the nations shall be blessed.” So then those who are of faith are blessed with believing Abraham. For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse; for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who does not continue in all things which are written in the book of the law, to do them.” But that no one is justified by the law in the sight of God is evident, for “the just shall live by faith.” Yet the law is not of faith, but “the man who does them shall live by them." Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us (for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree”..Now to Abraham and his Seed were the promises made. He does not say, “And to seeds,” as of many, but as of one, “And to your Seed,”who is Christ. And this I say, that the law, which was four hundred and thirty years later, cannot annul the covenant that was confirmed before by God in Christ, that it should make the promise of no effect. For if the inheritance is of the law, it is no longer of promise; but God gave it to Abraham by promise. -Galatians3

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   

I swear you and I have the same thought patterns.

I do however believe that Moses, Jesus and Muhammad are actual prophets of the exact same God. The way I see it, God wouldn't have needed three tries(Moses, Jesus and Muhammad) to get the exact same message across to humans unless the message kept getting intentionally distorted by whoever's in charge of writing it all down.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by d2che

Then Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, Moses did not give you the bread from heaven -John6.32

Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind to be saved-Acts4.12

He has given assurance of this to all by raising Him from the dead.-17

the working of His mighty power which He worked in Christ when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places, far above all principality and power and might and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in that which is to come.-Ephesians1

because He(Jesus) continues forever, has an unchangeable priesthood. Therefore He is also able to save to the uttermost those who come to God through Him-Hebrews7

if someone else comes in his own name, you will accept him.-John5.43

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Rustami

Well I don't view Jesus as a savior or anything of that nature. To me Jesus goes against the teachings of God. So stop where you're at on the road and recollect Judaism.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
reply to post by rusethorcain

There are many references in the bible of Jesus himself saying he is not GOD.

Why the hell would Jesus claim he is not GOD?

Why would he say that there is only one GOD?

This is his words, not some supposed disciple who never met Jesus in his life, and who was a bounty hunter, hunting Christians for money.

Sorry mate, I would rather believe Jesus, than a murderer, who was murdering Christians.

Jesus was a hippie! off his head, toking up the tweed, talkin # to whoever will listen!
How people can believe in a book that was made up from short stories over 1500 years or so and just all slammed together and constantly gets rewritten when suits! please.. enlighten me!!

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   

In my opinion and according to what I have studied in the bible, Jesus, the holy spirit and the father are all one, yet each part of this "one" plays a certain role, the father is the creator and destroyer, alpha and omega, and jesus is his son, whom came in physical form as flesh and blood but he was also there along with the holy spirit in the creation of earth, the holy spirit is our apostle. So jesus prayed to his father, the other part of him, just like people who meditate or pray often pray and meditate to connect with their "higher self" or "higher being of self". I feel its the same with Jesus, if he is praying to his "Father" who is also a part of himself, then in a way could'nt you view it as him seeking the knowledge and wisdom/strength/etc. of his higher spiritual self?

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by AllwillBRevealed

one night after picking up a green pocket size Gideon NT that a woman had left on the counter a few days earlier and as soon as I began to open the cover but before reading (or knowing anything) I heard an audible voice as if sitting beside me to the left that said my name then-"I am Jesus I died for your sins believe in Me and you will never perish"-exceedingly awestruck I quickly stood to my feet turned towards the voice and said yes Lord

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by marriah3330

Well still as I tell you and countless others that goes against traditional teachings of God. God is one for a reason!
God in Judaism

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Anyone with brains can see you are not looking for enlightenment.

Second line

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   

What? I think I clearly stated several times I didnt think of God as man. ("him" was just a figure of speach and out of habit)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
pretty good explanation....dont complain about the site..im giving you a biblical answer to your question

www.gotquestions.org...

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by resonance

Sorry I won't accept anything in the so called New Testament. Since it goes against Judaism and the Torah.
Give the NT a chance?

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

ok yeah! sorry!! that was harsh of me, puttin it like that!

I wish i had that! (maybe) but i cant get my head round that one!!

Everyone finds their place one day

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join