It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Jesus was God, why did he pray to himself?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Mage

Which views of the Messiah? The Pharisees, Sadducees, and Essenes all had different views. And are you talking about pre-Messorite views or post-Messorite views? Judaism was redefined in the 9th century AD.

edit on 7-12-2010 by NOTurTypical because: "views"

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

In your views Judaism has changed. I believe you have been reading those Atheist websites to much. I thought you are a Christian?
Judaism; and the Torah is Eternal. Which means it is never changing.
The Eternal Torah

This is not a difficult concept to grasp. The prophets repeatedly told us that we have to perform the Torah forevermore, and then Paul came along and said otherwise. That makes Paul a false prophet, because he contradicted Moses. G-d formulated the Torah. The Torah is perfection. For a Christian to say the Torah is anything less is to insult G-d. G-d gave the Torah to Moses. Moses taught it to the children of Israel. Moses told us that this was the way it was going to be forever. It's that simple.

As the link and EX text makes clear is that how the laws and religious text is forever. Do you agree with me and my sources?

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   

. . .Isaiah was never talking about Jesus. . .
The quotation that NOTyourtypical gave from Isaiah is a qualifier that shows that God would only give His glory to one who is uncreated, and therefore also god, as spelled out in John 1:17, 18
For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came about through Jesus Christ. No one has ever seen God. The only one, himself God, who is in closest fellowship with the Father, has made God known.

edit on 7-12-2010 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Well that is not my God at all and no where in the Torah does it say that. So you're mentioning two Gods her or the Trinity? I don't see where you're coming from on this comment.

God is one. Belief in one God is a fundamental Jewish belief. The Shema, a central prayer, states "Hear, Israel: The Lord is God, The Lord is one." The idea of any other God is heretical for Jews. It follows that all prayer and praise can only be directed to God.

God is incorporeal. In Judaism, God has no body, God is non-physical. Any mention of God's body is considered to be metaphorical. Any physical representation of God, such as the Golden Calf, is considered to be idolatry. As God has no body, He has no gender. While God is referred to in masculine terms and the Shechinah (Divine presence that fills the universe) is referred to in feminine terms, God is actually neither male nor female.

God is eternal. God has no beginning and no end. He transcends time.

Source

"To whom then will you liken G-d, or what likeness compare with him?"
Isaiah 40:18 (NRS)

I already mentioned to the other user. We have reached a stale mate. I believe I'm right with my path and you two believe you're right. My view on the scriptures are different then your guys.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Do you want to learn about my God compared to your God? I will respect you if you admit Judaism has a right to exist on this planet!
No, and no.
How about starting a thread, "Why all Christians who do not recognise the supremacy of the Jews will burn in Hell".

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Hey! I'm not picking a fight here! I just want to respected. Us Jews have been persecuted, killed, attacked, and so forth since the start of both Christianity and Islam.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   

. . .Matthew mistranslated Isaiah. . .

Obviously you do not believe in the New Testament to start with so I think it is a little out of line for you to sit there and pretend there is enough legitimacy to it to where it is worthy of being criticised.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Like I said earlier we already hit the stalemate of this subject. I view the Truth and you view the message of the tempter.

Deuteronomy 13:1 The entire word that I command you, that shall you observe to do; you shall not add to it and you shall not subtract from it. [2] If there should stand up in your midst a prophet or a dreamer of a dream, and he will produce to you a sign or a wonder, [3] and the sign or the wonder comes about, of which he spoke to you, saying "Let us follow gods of others that you did not know and we shall worship them!7quot; [4] do not hearken to the words of that prophet or to that dreamer of a dream, for HASHEM, your G-d, is testing you to know whether you love HASHEM, your G-d with all your heart and with all your soul. [5] HASHEM, your G-d, shall you follow and Him shall you fear; His commandments shall you observe and to His voice shall you hearken; Him shall you serve and to Him shall you cleave. [6] And that prophet and that dreamer of a dream shall be put to death, for he had spoken perversion against HASHEM, your G-d Who takes you out of the land of Egypt, and Who redeems you from the house of slavery to make you stray from the path on which HASHEM, you G-d, has commanded you to go; and you shall destroy the evil from your midst. (Artscroll)

Article Source

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by bijouramov

They might be able to give an unbiased answer to the question as opposed to us who believe in Jesus but have different beliefs regarding his true nature.
Wow, that's a great solution*sarcasm*. An atheist will say, "jesus is a mythical person and if he was an actual person, I'm sure he was gay."
I know because I went to an atheist forum and presented the question.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymousman

because, He isn't God
*I tell you the truth, no servant is greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than
the one who sent him. (John 13:16)
Jesus did not claim to be greater than the Father and so the name, Father, and his own title, Son of God.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   

That's what I wanted for an answer. Jesus is not and never will be God. The Rebel turned False Messiah turned Idol. I hate it!
Now that being said, you can go back to your Jews killing Palestinians thread.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   

I saw some post I didn't agree with you on about Judaism and the beliefs of the religion.
That's what I'm taking notice on you for.
Is that what your religion teaches you, vengeance?

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   

My way of life teaches me a lot of things. I believe in the love of G-D and doing good for mankind. I apologize for being disrespectful to you.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Yes! Still my statement still stands! Isaiah never had prophecy about Jesus at all! Trust me! I know the Eternal Torah.
Great, I'm sure everyone will be interested in what it says over in your "Lets Talk About the Sacred Torah" thread.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Trust me! I know my beliefs in life better then anyone! Thank you God!
I'm guessing Judaism says nothing about being humble.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Do you agree with the Jewish views of the Messiah and what the Messiah is supposed to accomplish?
Two nights ago on Coast to Coast AM, they had a guest, a Rabbi Moshe Yess who was saying there is an officially recognized Messiah by the name of Rabbi Scheerson of New York. He died I think in '89 but the people of the committee who declared him as Messiah say that's ok and it is not unexpected that the Messiah could die and come back later to finish his work.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   

As the link and EX text makes clear is that how the laws and religious text is forever. Do you agree with me and my sources?
The source says Paul is a false prophet and that would make Jesus a false prophet, too.

John 5:45a “Do not suppose that I will accuse you before the Father. The one who accuses you is Moses,. . .

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

The Jews were looking for their messiah. But they thought He would be a conquering King not a lamb. But that's exactly how He showed up, The Lamb of God.
The Jews were reading Isaiah all the time. Did they miss this verse:
Isa 7:14"
Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel."

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   

reply to post by Anonymousman

*I tell you the truth, no servantis greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than
the one who sent him. (John 13:16)

Behold, God exalteth by his power: who teacheth like him?
-Job36

It is enough for the disciple that he be as his master, and the servant as his lord. If they have called the master of the house Beelzebub, how much more shall they call them of his household?-Matt10

It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.-John6

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   

My way of life teaches me a lot of things. I believe in the love of G-D and doing good for mankind. I apologize for being disrespectful to you.
I was responding to posts in order so the other posts before this one were written before I read the one I am responding to now. So, sorry I missed this earlier and no offence taken. I respect your opinion about your religion and you can have whatever religion you want as far as I am concerned. I understand you feel your religion is older but I disagree. You feel that it is based on older documents but so does Christianity. You have a particular interpretation of it and Christians have another. So no one can get an attitude that they are better, unless it's a racial thing and good luck with that but I thought all that master race stuff went with the Nazi's

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join