It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Jesus was God, why did he pray to himself?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Joecroft

I understand what you meant.
I just disagree.
I don't see how you get that from the verses in question.
Jesus knew more than just a single verse here and there and he understood the context and the true meanings of them and I believe the Pharisees and temple officials understood what he meant.
I don't see how your interpretation fits in.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
We’re already out of topic here, friends. I think we should get back to the thread starter’s question:

If Jesus was God why did he pray to himself?

Now, for all those who are watching this thread but are not familiar with the Bible, here are the verses relevant to the question:

Jesus spoke these words, lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said: “Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son also may glorify You. And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.” (John 17:1, 3)

Perhaps the reason why we veered away from the topic is because romantic rebel asked his question in a wrong way. I think his question should have been:

In his prayer, who did Jesus refer to as the only true God?

The answer should be right there, in those two verses.

Why don’t we invite the atheists to participate? They might be able to give an unbiased answer to the question as opposed to us who believe in Jesus but have different beliefs regarding his true nature. I mean, atheists not only don’t believe Jesus is a god/God, they don’t even believe Jesus existed! And most importantly, they don’t believe in God.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Speaking of "GLORY"

John 17:5 ~ "And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was."

Isaiah 42:8 ~ "I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images."

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Yes, Isaiah 42:8 speaks true and in no way did it contradict John 17:5. The Almighty God will never give his glory to another. But the question is not about Jesus' existence before the world was created nor his glory. The question is who did Jesus call as the only true God in John 17:3?

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   

We're going to have disagree here. Isaiah was never talking about Jesus and God cannot and never will be compassed of three separate beings.

Isaiah

Matthew mistranslated Isaiah 7:14 and pulled the verse out of context in order to support the claim that the Messiah would be the product of a virgin birth. This is clearly provable, given the language in Isaiah's prophecy, and the context therein.

As you can see you and many others are falling in the same pit!

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
because, He isn't God

*I tell you the truth, no servantis greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than
the one who sent him. (John 13:16)
edit on 7-12-2010 by Anonymousman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymousman

That's what I wanted for an answer. Jesus is not and never will be God. The Rebel turned False Messiah turned Idol. I hate it!

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by bijouramov

Why then does Jesus not chastise people for calling Him, "Lord", "God", or worshiping Him? Especially in light of what Christ said to satan in the wilderness when satan wanted Jesus to worship him?

"Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve."

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Mage

I never quoted Isaiah 7:14.

But since you brought it up, Isaiah doesn't say "VIRGIN" in the text, it used a word for a 'devout religious young maiden", however, at the time, young 12-14 year old devoutly religious non-married young girls WERE VIRGINS!

This is long before miniskirts and clear 4 inch heels.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Yes! Still my statement still stands! Isaiah never had prophecy about Jesus at all! Trust me! I know the Eternal Torah.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   

"Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me."

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Do you want to learn about my God compared to your God? I will respect you if you admit Judaism has a right to exist on this planet!

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Who's posts are you reading?

Where do I claim Judaism has no right to exist?

Trust me! I know the Eternal Torah.

Do you know the Torah better than Rabbi Yitzhak Kaduri did? At the time of his death he was the most authoritative figure of Judaism, on the face of the Earth.

On his deathbed he revealed that "Yehoshua" was the Messiah. (The "ho" added is the abbreviated holy name of God)

edit on 7-12-2010 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   

I saw some post I didn't agree with you on about Judaism and the beliefs of the religion.
That's what I'm taking notice on you for.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
"Do you know the Torah better than Rabbi Yitzhak Kaduri did? At the time of his death he was the most authoritative figure of Judaism, on the face of the Earth.

On his deathbed he revealed that "Yehoshua" was the Messiah. (The "ho" added is the abbreviated holy name of God)"

Address this.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blue_Mage

I saw some post I didn't agree with you on about Judaism and the beliefs of the religion.
That's what I'm taking notice on you for.

You decide if you wish to debate or not. I still have problems with the beliefs of Judaism.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   

I would address my answer and counter with It is a very controversial letter that was found. Which was never proven to be written in his hand writing.

Israel Today spoke to two of Kaduri’s followers in Jerusalem who admitted that the note was authentic, but confusing for his followers as well. “We have no idea how the Rabbi got to this name of the Messiah,” one of them said. Yet others completely deny any possibility that the note is authentic. Kaduri’s son, Rabbi David Kaduri, said that at the time the note was written (September 2005), his father’s physical condition made it impossible for him to write.

Artical Source

Trust me! I know my beliefs in life better then anyone! Thank you God! Are you angry at me? Noturtypicsl?

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   

MAD? lol, absolutely not. You're not the first one I've ever met that refused to see Jesus as the Messiah. Relax.

“We have no idea how the Rabbi got to this name of the Messiah,”

I know how he did, the same way all us Christians did.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Secondly, the handwriting was verified by professionals to be the Rabbi's own.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Well then what happened with him and the letter will be a mystery. I know we're already at a stalemate here. Still it's fun showing you what I believe in! Do you agree with the Jewish views of the Messiah and what the Messiah is supposed to accomplish?

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join