It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just want to explain one thing.....

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by whipsandchainsamerica

But is anything on it,millions of years old? No,nothing to anyones knowledge. So,were is the evidence that all life on earth besides the earth itself hasnt ended before?

There are lots of things on this Earth that are millions of years old. There are rocks that are 3.8 billion years old. That's a lot more than a few million. Most rocks on the Earth are over a million years old. There are places here and there with new rocks such as volcanic flows, or newly deposited sedimentary rocks, and even evaporites. The rest of the world is millions of years old and even billions of years old.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by new_here

Originally posted by PS3Geek
Whats the point of this thread ?

Second line .

Peace of mind?
(As opposed to Fear-mongering.)
In any case, OP, I think "Alignment Believers" speak to The End of The World as we know it. I believe the thought is that civilizations (and possibly most life forms on Earth) will be wiped away, and then it all starts anew. I don't think the idea is that the Earth itself gets destroyed.

Am I right on this theory? Somebody help me out here...

This is the same way I see it when people say "end of the world".

I have to agree with you and the OP that the world will not be destroyed, although it can only be speculation at this point. If I were a betting man, and I am, I would say the world (Planet Earth) will go on.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join