It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just want to explain one thing.....

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
If you think the world will end on December 21 because the sun aligns in the direct center of the Milky Way, YOU'RE WRONG. WRONG WRONG WRONG.
Why?
This event has happened 26,000 years ago and the world is millions of years old. Why hasn't the world ended? Because nothing will happen when the sun aligns with the direct center of the Milky Way.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Whats the point of this thread ?

Second line .

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Who said the world hasn't ended yet?

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by PS3Geek
Whats the point of this thread ?

Second line .

Peace of mind?
(As opposed to Fear-mongering.)
In any case, OP, I think "Alignment Believers" speak to The End of The World as we know it. I believe the thought is that civilizations (and possibly most life forms on Earth) will be wiped away, and then it all starts anew. I don't think the idea is that the Earth itself gets destroyed.

Am I right on this theory? Somebody help me out here...

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Cretaceous-Tertiary extinction
End Triassic extinction
Permian-Triassic extinction
Late Devonian extinction
Ordovician-Silurian extinction

The list goes on and on. The world has ended several times in the past and it will do it again. Will it do it in 2012? Who knows for sure. The earth itself has survived and changed over time but life has been wiped off the planet several times before.

Several studies of ice cores also show that something happened 26000 years ago that caused a mass extinction. Fossil records in several different layers suggest the same thing.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rhadamanthus
Cretaceous-Tertiary extinction
End Triassic extinction
Permian-Triassic extinction
Late Devonian extinction
Ordovician-Silurian extinction

Do you happen to know, approximately the time period between these? Just wondering.
I know, I know, I could google it. But you listed them readily I thought you might know!

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by new_here

In order of appearance:
65 million years
199 million to 214 million years
251 million years
364 million years
439 million years

I think their is another list somewhere that has the entire timeline but I would have to hunt it down. It was all based on ice core samples and fossil records from around the world. I will see if I can find it again.

EDIT: Here is the Link for the time of man.
edit on 7-11-2010 by Rhadamanthus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Rhadamanthus

Hey thanks...
So, according to these ice core samples, mass extinction has not occurred every 26,000 years.
That's promising.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   

The only reason I was looking at stuff like this is when I was reading about Heinrich events.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rhadamanthus

The only reason I was looking at stuff like this is when I was reading about Heinrich events.

Heinrich?
Who he?
Disclaimer: I'm not stupid, just 'not knowin.' I'm not lazy, just rather hear what you know rather than go a-searching just now.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

agreed..thats the common belief about that. if the person that started the thread dug a little deaper in research they would have found that.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by RimDaas

is this something you are saying to your self?

WRONG WRONG WRONG

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Hartmut Heinrich- Basically a marine geologist. I don't know if it is considered junk science or not but it is very interesting to read. Just another integer to add into the equation.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
OP what I like about the 12/20/2012 prediction is that you get to pick your very own theory about what will take place that day.

There are many theories but I chose to speculate nothing will happen except business as usual.

But when I day dream I will imagine a world where enlightenment will fall freely on the people of the earth and we will have peace.

Nobody on this earth has the answer to what might happen.

Animals may suddenly talk. We may sprout wings and fly or wish we were dead.

I would not bet any money on extinction of humans on that much talked about date.

My old friends and I are making a few side bets concerning which one of us will still be alive by then.

We are old but still rowdy and impulsive at times.

If I do have to die that day I pray it will be while I'm riding my motorcycle down in sunny Florida.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Studies of extinction events shows several possible cyclical periods for extinctions, none of which are clear cut. A 26My cycle has been proposed. That is just one possibility. The suggestion of regularity to extinction events has been used to suggest an astronomical link where there is an object with a long term periodic orbit related to the extinction events.

None of this is base on ice cores. It is based on fossil evidence.

On that 26My cycle, we are only part through the cycle and it is over 10My to the next extinction event if that paper is correct.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by RimDaas

2012 is transition thats happened 12 times already since the first recorded cycle. Hurray for the beggining of cycle 13 and the greatest revolution in human history

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

Old people don't ride bikes.
Doesn't that show 2012 could be a hoax? If people are making their on predictions, then anyone could say "A meteor's gonna crash!!" and everyone will believe it.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Our solar system has only been around the Milky Way Galaxy 3 times since its creation.

With a circle wouldnt it be always lined up with the centre.

Just acouple things that came to my mind when reading the first post.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by RimDaas
reply to post by dizziedame

Old people don't ride bikes.
Doesn't that show 2012 could be a hoax? If people are making their on predictions, then anyone could say "A meteor's gonna crash!!" and everyone will believe it.

Then YOU'VE never been to Florida!

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brett
Our solar system has only been around the Milky Way Galaxy 3 times since its creation.

With a circle wouldnt it be always lined up with the centre.

Just acouple things that came to my mind when reading the first post.

I haven't been able to figure this out either and i have looked at diagram videos trying to figure it out. If the galaxy is flat.... ah hell... I'm not even going to try.

Here's the thing... I think the calendar was given to the mayans.
Maybe it aligns us with something even further away from the sun AND the sun and it creates a portal... a BIG one. haha...wouldn't that be crazy. Then God is going to come through the portal and grab people with his teeth claw hands and stick his tongue out at everyone. just look at the damn calendar and see for yourself!

Oh, this is going to be a mess.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join