It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello, new poster, and thoughts (Sleep Paralysis and Alien Abductions)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I have a high interest in UFO/Alien information. I love the topic, and like looking at new videos/posts on this forum. My name is Brett and I have my own thoughts on the topic, and can't wait to discuss it with everyone.

To be brief, I have been a long time sufferer of Sleep Paralysis. For those who do not know what is it is when your body awakens during sleep, but you cannot move. During this experience one can have vivid hallucinations from seeing things, to feeling things, to highly vulnerable emotions.

I have at times had out of body experiences during these episodes. I usually do my best to keep my eyes closed so I do not see anything, however one time I did open my eyes and saw a dark figure standing next to my bed. It was a very scary experience.

I believe sleep paralysis has been ruled a factor for people who think they have been abducted by aliens. I think its a very good theory and want to hear your thoughts on the matter.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by BNelley

Hi BNelley, and welcome to the ATS community. For now, you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Signature Guidelines

NEW! ATS Video Tutorials

Terms & Conditions Lite!

Terms & Conditions

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Moderator.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Hello and welcome to the boards !
You are sure to find more people here with knowledge on this subject
I myself have suffered sleep paralysis only a few times in my life mostly when i was in my early teens and for me i didnt have any of the symptoms you described ...but like i said it was only a few times i expereinced it at all for me it was very scary though indeed because it would only happen to me when i was face first in the pillow and i would be running out of fresh oxygen and i had to fight to awaken my body because i felt as if i was suffocating.
needless to say the experience was very scary !
edit on 7-11-2010 by j4k312 because: k

join