It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Precognition Real? Cornell University Lab Releases Powerful New Evidence that the Human Mind can

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Another related article, released today:

Humans do have psychic powers, study claims

The report - by a part-time magician turned psychologist - suggests that people may have latent psychic powers which allow them to sense future events.

Professor Daryl Bem, of Cornell University in New York State, carried out nine different experiments involving more than 1,000 volunteers, and all but one appeared to point to psychic powers.

In one experiment, students were given a list of words to memorise which they were later asked to recall, before being given a selection of the words to type out.

Continued:

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I also believe it real, I have had many experiences, this is just one. Years ago I used to drive very fast, I was coming up a hill driving maybe 85-90 and heard a voice in my head loud and clear, "slow down now" I did slow way down thankfully for as I topped the hill I watched right in front of me a semi and a car get into a horrible fatal accident, I have no doubt that had I not slowed down I would have been involved in that accident.

I still drive faster then I should, old habits die hard.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I believe we basically live based on precognition, normally in a very small scale but in some cases some of us experience a full precognition. The more aware we are, the more information we can use to make decisions or to have thoughts that influence us.

I believe that we experience that in two ways: - A simple and common decision based on a simulation we can make due to our experiences from past/present or from a vivid thought or a deep personal embedded characteristic. - An apparently random thought that we cannot figure out where it came from or why, but we know there's a real importance in it, we not only know it, we feel it strongly.

In my opinion we're all connected in a very profound and distant way, and, sometimes, there's a leak in that connection...

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarius1

Dr. Dean Radin of the Institute of Noetic Sciences has been involved in this project from the beginning. This project over time has been able to predict major events within an hour before they happen, such as 911.

Please show some proof that Radin or the Global Consciousness Project made this prediction.

I know precognition can happen, but I do not believe this story.
However I'd be delighted if you can prove you are correct.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   
If any of you are unimpressed by purely statistical evidence for this form of ESP (after all, "there are lies, damn lies and statistics"), then perhaps you will be convinced by the evidence presented at this website for the ability of humans to anticipate discoveries in nuclear and particle physics at least 50 years before scientists made them:
smphillips.8m.com...
smphillips.8m.com...

As someone who has studied parapsychology for forty years and has presented research papers to the London Society for Psychical Research and to international conferences on parapsychology, I consider this amazing evidence of ESP the most compelling ever made available to the general public. Skeptics always propose that a psychic cheated - even when they cannot prove it. As a last resort, they will even suggest that the experimenter falsified his results. These observations are a form of remote viewing of the subatomic world known to yogis for thousands of years as a siddhi (it has the Sanskrit name of 'anima'). Because they were carried out over a century ago, when science knew nothing about the structure of atoms, there was no possibility of using contemporary scientific knowledge to fabricate these observations, whose matching to scientific knowledge is too extensive and exact to be due to chance. This means that skeptics have no way available to them to explain away the amazing accuracy of the descriptions of remote-viewed subatomic particles in conventional terms.

If, therefore, you want to see proof of ESP that by-passes all the usual weaknesses of controlled trials in parapsychology laboratories and which does not require statistical analysis to make its case, study this material.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kailassa

Dr. Dean Radin of the Institute of Noetic Sciences has been involved in this project from the beginning. This project over time has been able to predict major events within an hour before they happen, such as 911.

Please show some proof that Radin or the Global Consciousness Project made this prediction.

I miswrote, what I meant to say is that it predicts something major is going to happen, not what will happen, sorry I didn't make myself more clear.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by micpsi

Micpsi, I did an interesting experiment once with my 16 year old daughter that you might to try for yourself.

We were both in one of those sleepy/happy moods in which you feel tipsy without drinking.
She and I have a very close bond.

Just for fun, I pulled out a six-sided dice, and a notepad, and asked her to not throw a six.
She threw a six.
I wrote down the results for over a hundred throws that night, and whenever she threw 2 non-sixes in a row I'd tell her again to not throw a six. We were having a lot of laughs as she kept throwing sixes that she was trying not to throw, and I kept teasing her about them. Over 1 in 3 of the total throws that night were sixes.

I don't know if the mood and/or the bond between us was relevant, but I suspect it was. The evening felt like one of those magic times when reality becomes ductile and you can hold it in your hands and shape it.

The idea behind the negative suggestions was that if we can control a random event, it's no good trying to do so when we are so accustomed to seeing random events as outside our control that trying to control them will evoke a mind-set of, "I can't do that," and that belief will instruct events so that you will not have control.

However not throwing a six seems easy to achieve, so an instruction to not throw a six does not turn on the "I can't do this," mode.

Continual repetition of this instruction serves only to focus the mind on the one concrete thing mentioned in the instruction, which is the six. So you get the supervisory part of the brain quietened by the perception that the task is straightforward and easy, while focusing the dream-making part of the brain, which is the part which can affect reality, on the six.

If you try this, have fun. In the overall scheme of things, shared happiness is the most wonderful thing we can create. Stopping rain, throwing sixes or whatever is only important as an eye-opener, so we realise this world is not reality.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kailassa

I miswrote, what I meant to say is that it predicts something major is going to happen, not what will happen, sorry I didn't make myself more clear.

No worries.

I've been studying the data collected and compared to major events, and it is interesting. However I believe that, at best, the eggs graphs are just showing the level of mental consternation at the time, rather than predicting anything ahead of time.

Wherethe level rises sharply before a major event, I suspect it's recording the tension of the group planning or creating the event in question.

For example the Boxing-Day quake/tsunami graph rises sharply before the event.
There is reason to suspect a nuke was detonated in a nearby fault line to trigger this event.
The tension caused by getting a nuke into place, escaping the area and setting it off could cause such a high level of mental consternation that perhaps a small number of perople could have a large effect.

Or it could all be nonsense.
Right now I'm open-minded and interested, but not sold on it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join