It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli buys house in Arab town - immediately receives death threats from neighbors

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I read this in today's Yediot Aharonot (Ynet) but couldn't find it on the web (probably takes time to put these things up)..
Wasn't a big deal, got a mentioning on pg. 9 on the side, but I thought I should bring it up here.
The only source I could find to quote is a blog (which I found through google searching the guy's name), but the article is real, so excuse the bias, and focus on the facts:

Allow us to introduce you to young Kochav Segal Halevi. The life of
the Israeli 26 year old is in danger and he is receiving death
threats. In fact he had to go into hiding. His offence? He
purchased an apartment in the Arab town of 'Iblin not far from Haifa.

The Arabs of the town do not like the idea of their town being
polluted by the presence of a Jew. I mean, one Jew and there goes the
neighborhood. The left-leaning Israeli daily Yediot Ahronot (Nov. 7,
2010) described the threats he has been receiving and how he fears for
his life. He is now in hiding. Arabs who sell real property to Jews
have similarly been threatened and attacked. And of course the
moderates from the Palestinian Authority routinely torture and execute
summarily Arabs who sell property to Jews.

This isn't new.. This is the main reason why Jews can't move into Arab neighborhoods.

Again, this is another example of mob mentality- A Jewish land lord might not want to rent or sell to an Arab, because of prejudice, but for any one person that doesn't sell, there will always be one that sells. In any Arab community the situation is different- One person might be without prejudice and agree to sell, but other people might feel they have the right to interfere, usually with violence.

Also important to note is that fact that this location was not picked as an attempt to provoke anyone, or because of some settler mentality, the guy just found a quiet, cheap spot next to Haifa, and didn't care if it was Arab or Jewish. When he asked if his moving in is going to be a problem prior to buying the place he was answered that he's welcome, and was threatened only after he had moved in.

As I've said countless times before- Arabs are not prohibited from move into any Jewish community in any way, and do so more and more in recent years, the same can not always be said for Jews moving into Arab communities as a minority.

And again a disclaimer is due-
1) This does not mean all Arabs are racists, and I'm sure most other Arabs in that town would have accepted that person.
2) This does not mean all Arabs are violent.
3) This sort of thing does happen the other way around, although rarely, and usually in religious, or orthodox communities of crazy people..
4) I'm not trying to say Israelis *should* move to Arab communities, I'm just showing that racism and prejudice exists on both sides, as opposed to what many claim and assume.
5) This is in response to claims that Israelis do not allow Arabs to rent or buy in Israel, which as I said is true for some people and false for many others, and in response to claims that it is illegal for Arabs to buy and rent in Israel, which is completely false.

Just to show you the other side of things.. This is usually what falls between the cracks, and gets very little attention.

P.S- Just to be clear, this isn't about Jews needing to be able to move into Arab communities, or grabbing more of their lands or anything..
This is about racism existing on both sides.. This is about people saying that Israelis don't allow Arabs to rent or buy in Israel, and some even say it's illegal for Arabs to buy or rent in Israel (which is completely false).. Some even went as far as saying that it would never have happened the other way around..
So to those people- It does happen the other way around, and there's prejudice and racism on both sides, period.

edit on 7-11-2010 by Eliad because: Added the P.S. and points 4 and 5 to the disclaimer

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eliad

This isn't new.. This is the main reason why Jews can't move into Arab neighborhoods.

are you sure they can't move to arab neighborhoods ?

yeah right and im the queen of england

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Eliad

This is my response.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
oh... poor chosen people again...

This has to be one of the most biased thread I've seen (amongst others of course).

So... don't move there. Stop trying to occupy their land. Stop fueling their hatred if you actually believe they're all that bad. I'm not moving to a place filled with black racists, get my life threatened and then come crying to the "news" saying "omg a white guy cant move into a black racist infested neighborhood - I'm such a victim, I thought they would love me like I love them"... chosen ppl bs again.

Nice try tho... it has been a wonderful of BS for more than 60 years now. Will it end? Is the chosen people that relentless or... just dumb?

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr UAE

This is about what happens today, not what happened 60 years ago at the end of a war. What you're referring to is an armistice agreement signed by all Arab nations at the expense of the Palestinians, and declared as the borders of the land of Israel.

So, no, Jews can't move into Arab communities in Israel, while Arabs can.
I wouldn't even bring this up if it wasn't for people claiming that Jews are not letting Arabs buy and rent homes in Israel, some even go as far as to say that it is illegal to sell to an Arab.
This is meant to show the other side of things.. I thought people would be interested to know that it happens on both sides.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Go Arabs
Go Arabs
Go Arabs
Go Arabs
Go Arabs

Jews only care about Jews
Israel only cares about Israel
The rest of mankind are Goyim, Cattle to be used by them
Get it yet People ?!!?

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Kemal

First video- An idiot drunken settler boy running his mouth off.. Yes, that surely represents the entire population of Israel.
What does that have to do with the topic anyway?

Second video- After mass evictions of settlements by the Israeli government, some settlers goes crazy and shoots at a Palestinian.
Does it have anything to do with the topic of Jews renting and selling to Arabs and vice versa? No.
Do I need to repeat myself? I guess so..

3) This sort of thing does happen the other way around, although rarely, and usually in religious, or orthodox communities of crazy people..

Video number 3- I don't even know what to make out of this.. So I'll just quote myself again..

Are you done?

Are you able to write, or can you only pass your ideas off in the form of youtube videos? 'Cause there's this hilarious cat video you can use as comic relief in between your other videos.. Oh, sorry, I meant opinions..

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eliad
reply to post by Kemal

First video- An idiot drunken settler boy running his mouth off.. Yes, that surely represents the entire population of Israel.
What does that have to do with the topic anyway?

Second video- After mass evictions of settlements by the Israeli government, some settlers goes crazy and shoots at a Palestinian.
Does it have anything to do with the topic of Jews renting and selling to Arabs and vice versa? No.
Do I need to repeat myself? I guess so..

Video number 3- I don't even know what to make out of this.. So I'll just quote myself again..

Are you done?

Are you able to write, or can you only pass your ideas off in the form of youtube videos? 'Cause there's this hilarious cat video you can use as comic relief in between your other videos.. Oh, sorry, I meant opinions..

How Israeli Shills Work:

1. Post lies
2. Repeat lies
3. Attack those who respond against your lies
4. Repeat steps 1 and 2

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by GammaRayBurst

How anti Israeli Shills Work:

1. Post lies
2. Repeat lies
3. Attack those who respond against your lies by completely ignoring what they say, and just babbling on with the same old mantras.
4. Repeat steps 1 and 2 and 3....
5. MAKE SURE IT HAS PRETTY COLORS IN IT!! People like colors.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Eliad

You say his videos don't represent all Israeli Jews, then of course this thread's OP doesn't represent the whole arab community as well.

Thousands of homes for Jews ONLY (some of them even moving all the way from the US because they are arrogant idiots who think they're are special god's chosen people who think they can do whatever they want) and are being built on Arab land, which is racist & fascist. And then the very same people want to complain that arabs want to defend their territory, and wonder why some Arabs in Israel become extremists!!
edit on 7-11-2010 by john124 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

And again a disclaimer is due-
1) This does not mean all Arabs are racists, and I'm sure most other Arabs in that town would have accepted that person.
2) This does not mean all Arabs are violent.
4) I'm not trying to say Israelis *should* move to Arab communities, I'm just showing that racism and prejudice exists on both sides, as opposed to what many claim and assume.
5) This is in response to claims that Israelis do not allow Arabs to rent or buy in Israel, which as I said is true for some people and false for many others, and in response to claims that it is illegal for Arabs to buy and rent in Israel, which is completely false.

Read....

Enough with the bull#, the settlements are one thing (illegal and outside of Israel), and buying and renting is a whole other thing (in Israel, and completely legal).

It shouldn't be a problem for a Jew to rent to and Arab, and for an Arab to rent to a Jew, and you know it.
Trouble is that it is, but people seem to think it's only the Jews who are discriminating.. Well they're not.

P.S: Enough with this inferiority complex.. I only hear this chosen people bull# on this forum, out of people like you..

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I believe this to just be another story to stir tension among those living there and anyone elses' view on the situation, although I'm not saying the OP is. It's just another instance of people on people hate. This, like I'm sure most people get, is just another story that will open up anger and rage among those who wish to pick sides, even though both, Israeli and Hamas, governments are in the wrong while most of their citizens wish for peace, it's just more fuel to the fire. And unless the whole region, containing both governments, were to sink below the ocean, then I don't believe true peace is going to happen within the next few years. It will have to wait.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Eliad

Mate I'm not anti anything but I challenge you to buy a property in many of the Jewish areas in my town..
They will simply not sell to a non jew. Not a law but a FACT.
A friend of mine owns a realestate agency and he will confirm it for you.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Eliad

Oh dear, been reading Steven Plauts blogs have we

Steven is an American (prob why he got the name of the village wrong lol) who believes that protestors should be shot - Mr Democracy he isnt.
en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

Turns out the town is 51% muslim and 49% Christian - and is a very important town to the local catholics.

From the Jewish virtual library

On October 21, 2003, the "first Arab university in Israel" officially opened in the village of Ibilin in the Western Galilee. Under the terms of an operating license received this year from Israel's Council of Higher Education, the university, part of the Mar Elias Education Institutions, will also operate as an overseas branch of the University of Indianapolis. Though described by university president Dr. Elias Shakour as an Israeli Arab university, it is open to all students - Arabs, Jews, Muslims, Christians and Druze.
www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org...&_Culture/arabu.html

Unlike Safed which is now a mainly Jewish town where the local rabbi has declared that Jews should not rent to Arabs.

From Arutz Sheva:

"I was not motivated by a racist or provocative approach, but from a belief that we are 'a free nation in our land,'” HaLevi said, quoting a line from HaTikvah, the national anthem.
www.israelnationalnews.com...,0
Do you believe the fellas story Eliad?

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by LordTacos

Agreed, this needs to stop- on both sides.

reply to post by backinblack

Yeah, but we're talking about Israel not some Jewish community abroad, it's different, Israelis do sell and rent to Arabs, as opposed to Jews abroad who live in small communities (I assume)..

reply to post by joewalker

Oh dear, been reading Steven Plauts blogs have we .

I don't, I read it in the paper, and could only find it on his blog at the time..

Unlike Safed which is now a mainly Jewish town where the local rabbi has declared that Jews should not rent to Arabs.

What do you mean unlike.. The article shows that it's exactly like.. Sadly.

Do you believe the fellas story Eliad?

I do... I also believe that Arutz 7 would do anything to make it seem like some kind of settler thing..
The article in the paper didn't mention that.. It said that the guy liked the view, the price, and the location, and didn't mind living in an Arab town... I think the guy's a liberal, if anything..

top topics

join