It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At Dawn We Slept.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 08:54 AM
link   
This is a good read, another thread from 2b2k.

john

The following is an an excellent compendium of acts of war against sleeping USA. Anybody here read the book At Dawn We Slept. ? Pearl Harbor, 1941. Doesn't get any better in describing how lackadaisical we become. We're in the same mode now.

Not very long, but very informative. You have to read the catalogue of events in this brief piece. Then, ask yourself how anyone can take the position that all we have to do is bring our troops home from Iraq, sit back, re-set the snooze alarm, go back to sleep, and no one will ever bother us again. In case you missed it, World War III began in November 1979... that alarm has been ringing for years.

U.S. Navy Captain Ouimette is the Executive Officer at Naval Air Station, Pensacola, Florida. Here is a copy of the speech he gave last month. It is an accurate account of why we are in so much trouble today and why this action is so necessary.

AMERICA NEEDS TO WAKE UP!

That's what we think we heard on the 11th of September 2001 (When more than 3,000 Americans were killed) and maybe it was, but I think it should have been "Get Out of Bed!" In fact, I think the alarm clock has been buzzing since 1979 and we have continued to hit the snooze button and roll over for a few more minutes of peaceful sleep since then.

www.operationhomefront.net...

MEMBERS: Do not simply post news articles in the forums without comment. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of current events, please post the first paragraph, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item.

[edit on 29-6-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 09:17 AM
link   
maybe because there are so many people in america, it takes longer for some people to "wake up" than others.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Now almost 3 years after 9/11 I think our country is as lackadaisical as ever! If a tragedy like 9/11 hasn't brought us to our senses...what will? I don't think the same thing happened after Pearl Harbor. But then it was a different country back then. We have lost our sense of nationality I think and definitely our patriotism.
We aren't hitting the snooze button...we are turning the alarm OFF!!

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Gordon Prange's book is excellent and a definitie must read for those who are deluded into thinking that the U.S. knew about the attack on Pearl Harbor before it happened.

It wasn't just a lacadaisical attitude, Hell we knew Japan was gearing up for war, it was, rather, at least in my oppinion, a racist, arogance, that did us in.

df1

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I disagree, on 9/11 america woke up. Unfortunately bush drove to the wrong location to do a job he was never hired to perform. The job the president was hired to perform is to defend and protect the people of america and going to war in the middle east does not accomplish this purpose. Many muslims may of disliked america prior to this, but only a small percentage of muslims had the burning hate of bin laden/al-qaeda, now most hate america and burn with desire to kill americans. His actions did not make america safer and in fact have made america less safe by infuriating the entire muslim world.

The job that needs to be performed to protect america is the 'swatting flies' that the president feels is beneath his his office. This includes things like using our military to inspect all sea and air cargo entering the country, using the military to protect nuclear facilities and chemical facilities, as well as many other 'fly swatting' things the president has not addressed. These things would not only make us feel safer, they would make us safer in fact.

Perhaps these mundane actions would not earn the 'tin soldier' that wrote this article a chest full of medals or give him the adrenaline rush of killing for which he lusts, but it would protect america and its citizens and these are the actions that should of been taken. And doing so would be patriotic, noble and honorable.

We would not be living in an atmosphere of fear where it seems we are warned daily by the government to expect the inevitable horrors of the next terrorist act on our soil. Flag draped caskets would not be arriving daily with the lifeless body of our children. Citizens would not be stripped of the rights which are uniquely american. Politicians would not be able to use the politics of fear and secrecy to hide their misdeeds. Billions of dollars for war would not be sucking the life blood out of our economy and creating an unpayable debt for our children.

A Pro-American Patriot

new topics

top topics

join