It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vote Independent next cycle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
This is a call for a bit of sanity. Next cycle, if there is an independent running in your district, vote for him/her.

Why? Lets send a message to washington...not some stupid message of how the left hand sucks, or the right hand sucks..we keep using the same hands and of course every politician chooses a identity based on either the left or the right paradigm...not even bothering identifying themselves outside of that small box.

Now, the independent running in your district may not hold true to your ideals, but I say still vote for him/her, because the movement may get many other politicians to see being a independent is indeed a viable option. We can soak in 2 years of crap leadership for a greater good..

Imagine if this works...if suddenly the most powerful party is the anti-party party...where people in a community must learn what a person is about.

So...how about it...a movement that forces the destruction of both major parties and gives power back to the complex nature of the people they govern...or should we continue to prop up this horrible left/right false choice for another cycle

the tea party did show how some people simply want to step away from the false choices of left or right, however they became organized and a political movement in itself...becoming little more than yet another side of specific ideals and ideas (nothing new either).

Vote ( I ) in 12...even if you hate the person...the message is important

thoughts, am I just being a bit too idealistic in dreaming of a democratic republic by the people verses by the partys?

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
also wear gloves and breathing masks to the next vote booth... the curtains may be dusted with anthrax
or similar poisons... the pens used to sign-in, the papers that outline the referendums may just as well
be tampered with...viruses, anthrax, that poison dervied from beans...

revenge of the incumbants before they are summarily ousted, before they feathered their retirement nest
to the max... no i'm being serious

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Defiantly, if you want real change then vote 3rd party. I did for every race I could. If you want to get rid of the establishment don't vote for it.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Gypsy
Defiantly, if you want real change then vote 3rd party. I did for every race I could. If you want to get rid of the establishment don't vote for it.

Its more than just dont vote for it...even if you truely believe the "right guy" is with a R or D in front of his name...just a single election cycle for a message...pull the hammer on the person with no party affiliation verses the right fit...the greater cause of getting a vast sea of different ideals verses either red or blue...

just a 2 year cycle...people can go back to their parties if they truely miss it after 12...

I think we are brainwashed into thinking what we know what is good for the country anyhow...ask any person and they readily identify with either left thinking or right thinking ideals...and I am not even out of this box.

I look at my system of beliefs and I see I fall almost completely in line (with some variations) with either left or far left thinking...however, I also know I have been programmed into believing this..I can't justify why I am pro-choice yet anti-death penelty..I have tried, and have given some really good arguments for it, yet I know this is a false system of principles that have been encoded into my brain that I would like to break free from and objectively look at.

The only way to do this is to not just not vote for my supposed interest, but taking an action that would potentially smash down the pre-programmed set of interests...left or right.

Lets start a movement..the vote I for 12 movement...and let washington really know what "the people" want...which is first and foremost, not to be enslaved into black or white thinking

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Why? Is there a plan to set up an independent movement?

I don't suppose it will have anything to do with attempting to split the conservative vote does it?

You know, kinda like what happened back a few years with Ross Perot. Let me see, what years were they? Oh, that would be 92 and 96. Who was president then? Oh, that would be the guy that voted for NAFTA and GATT.

Hmmm, funny how one party calls for the heads of multinational corps and then give them such GREAT help with such economic treaties. Clinton actually still has a following in Democrat circles. I for one just wonder why.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

Clinton was Neoliberal and a criminal, not because he got oral sex, but because he was the worst president for selling out to Wall Street. George W. Bush and Ronald Reagan were bad too but Clinton makes them look innocent. His approval rating is over 60% among all Americans and I don’t know why? Is it because under him there will lots of jobs and a balanced budget? Well yeah but anyone can create artificial jobs and balance the budget by robbing from Social Security and doing illegal math.

Clinton was the President that repealed Glass-Steagall do people remember that? He was the man who sold us out to the multination corporations through GATT, WTO and NAFTA which created a completely unfair ‘Free Trade’ system which has created a race-to-the-bottom where American manufacturing has been abolished and American companies create more jobs in China than in America.

Clinton was like Reagan on steroids, the only thing separating him from the Republicans was his culture warrior policies that drastically changed our social policies.

Clinton was not a Democrat he was a Corporate Neoliberal.

new topics

top topics

join