It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Underwater Orbs captured on never released pictures of the Edmund Fitzgerald

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
This article is from my local newspaper, and it has a slideshow of rare photos from the bottom of lake superior. Number 11 on the slideshow shows two balls of light. I would like to find the video of this to see how the orbs actually floated.

These two burning objects, about the size of golf balls, were encountered by Frederick J. Shannon in the Delta submarine while hovering at the starboard (right) side of the Fitzgerald bow. The water temperature was 43 degrees and the depth was 530 feet. Pressure was 251 pounds per square inch. No debris was in the water and nothing was dropped from the surface. There is no logical explanation for their sudden appearance. The objects floated toward and disappeared into the hull of the ship.

www.freep.com...

link to picture:
www.freep.com...
edit on 7-11-2010 by ANOMALY502 because: Clarity

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Orbs are pretty much debunked in regular photos, but what about 530 feet underwater?? Looks like they have a bubble trail also.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ANOMALY502

thats probably that they are air bubbles

caught in the flash of the camera

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ANOMALY502

I grew up just outside of Detroit,Mich.and remember the sinking of the Edmond Fitzgerald,and have always been fascinated with the story,it's been surrounded in mystery since it sank in 1975,they still have no clue as to why it sank.I can't imagine what the orbs would be,pretty spooky though.love the song written and sung by Gordon Lightfoot it has that heir of mystery as well.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Must have been eerie to see down that deep and near the ship.

The objects, which left a trail of bubbles in the murky photo, floated toward and disappeared into the hull of the ship, he said. Read more: Orbs are captured on never-released images | freep.com | Detroit Free Press www.freep.com...

I know I would have freaked out and surely would not have kept it unpublished since '94.

Weird unexplained stuff. We will never know.

Also if these orbs were just natural occurrences then they would not both be going in the same direction. They must have some intelligence if to both go to the same place.

Rhain
edit on 7/11/10 by Rhain because: Was thinking about how 2 separate orbs would be going in the same direction.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Interesting...now if they were bubbles I assume they would be travelling up at a fair speed. I assume looking at the bubble trails that they were travelling in a downwards motion....mmm very ineteresting in deed.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
These look like they are propelled to me. The one closest to the bottom of the pic, looks like its moved in a zig zag or spiral. My first thought is some form of life thats unknown to us. When it says they disappear in to the hull of the ship. Does it mean they went inside the wreck or they litteraly hit the hull and disappeared? These could be the aquatic equivalent of the critters that are seen in our atmosphere from space.
edit on 8/11/10 by KrypticCriminal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
maybe there is more life in the Great Lakes than we thought?

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
underwater flare

en.wikipedia.org...(pyrotechnic)

Calcium flares are used underwater to illuminate submerged objects.

edit on 11/11/2010 by this_is_who_we_are because: (link)

edit on 11/11/2010 by this_is_who_we_are because: link

top topics

join