It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am in complete AWE every time I see the night sky

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I been like this for as long as i can remember. By day its the clouds, at night, its the magnificence of the Universe laid out before my eyes.

The urge to look up is almost involuntary. I am grateful to have been given this life, and given the opportunity to see the the splendors of Earth. The opportunity to contemplate the wonders of this Universe.

Just wish i knew, why i can't stop looking up!

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Kinda makes you wish that movie "Inception" was true, and that we can control our reality like he does in that movie huh?

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Yes i agree especially lately i find myself looking "up" a lot more. For what reason i cannot say. I don't know if its im hoping to see a UFO or just admiring the stars but either way i do this a lot lately

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
... I know what you mean, the Sky is simply awesome, especially at night, however, I tend to be looking up a lot more lately to view more UFOs etc. It's crazy yet exciting at the same time ...

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
funy that i to carnt stop looking up and sometimes when im walking along one day im guna walk into something lol, and as soon as the stars come out im strait out the back with the telescope an binocs i even carnt help checking out the planes as they fly past, but never seen a ufo maybe one day
i just wish the mossies would p** off

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
You know, I am not the type of person to be all "ooo-ing" and "awwing" over thinngs, but the night sky is one thing that has always just been magnificent to me. All those random things up there, making one picture. I always have to take a second and admire it if I'm out at night.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
In my area it's always that perfect night. Very few street lights and many star lights. I go to the park in the darkest hour. Then I will just star at the sky and look at all the stars. If you ever come to Sacramento, California I can show you my great spot to stargaze.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

I wish I lived somewhere near you, you can barely see a single star in London and I almost cry when I go somewhere that you can see them and I realize what I am missing every night..
It's part of what has finally made my mind up that I am leaving the UK at the soonest possible opportunity.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Really? London looks nice to me. I live in the suburbia which is not that crowded and is more peaceful compared to the city life. I would believe they should have that in the U.K.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

There are a few places (Devon, Cornwall, some of Wales and the Scottish Highlands) where you can see lots of stars, but theres a lot of people packed into a very tight space in the UK and so there's not exactly much "wilderness".

I'm just fed up with the impersonal. fast, crazy city life, I've been in London since I was born and I've had enough, the weather doesn't help either.

I want to be somewhere warm and pretty
edit on 7-11-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Well right now it's raining in my area. Yet pretty much throughout the year in Sacramento it's warm and nice. I enjoy it here.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Its good to see I am not alone in my urge to SEE the night sky, we all must share the same pain in the neck!

To those in large cities with light pollution, I empathize, as I lived in Chicago for about half my short stay here. But now I live in the burbs, and can't help to gaze and wonder. Sometimes I am treated to a shooting star or two.

Saw the X-37 in orbit one day, but nothing remotely close to being a UFO. I am content just to see the stars, the planets, the signs of the zodiac. One day I will break down and buy a telescope.

But for now, I will join my fellow sky watchers, with my chin up and Advil in hand for the inevetable back of the neck pain. It's just so beautiful as to ensnare my gaze, and want not to let go.

I feel as if we are on an Earth sized starship, and I have the GRANDEST bridge view. I am content with my life right now. My place in this Universe.

It is all so fascinating to me.

Thank you for your replies all, for sharing your experience. One that we all share, though we know not the reason why.

Maybe skywatchers are connected in some esoteric way. Maybe not. But we will continue to enjoy the splendors of the sky, while others look at their shuffling feet/ipods/iphones.

Look up people!

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
When I was a young man,I was stationed on remote base in the Aleutian chain.

It was normally rainy/snowy and extremely windy,except for a short period in September.

That was when the skies were clear,it was warm and no rain or wind.

My friends and I found ourselves at a old abandoned underground hospital left from the war.

It was located on a bluff overlooking the Bering Sea facing north.

Because we were away from the base area there was no light.

We ended up all of us lying in the tundra outside the entrance just staring up at the night sky.

And listening to the Moody Blues on the tape player.

Because of our location on the planet,the rotation of it was very obvious.

The stars and planets seemed to rotate over our heads.

The most profound and awe inspiring moment of my life,particularly when this song came on and a fantastic meteor shower began as if on cue..

edit on 7-11-2010 by Oneolddude because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I live in the suburbs in the UK...where one will find less pollution compared to being in the city.

It's beautiful when the clouds clear...hundreds and hundreds of stars...all with different intensities.

But, I gotta say...it would be nothing without the moon...

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Oneolddude

Thanks for sharing that moment!!

I can only wish to have to opportunity to experience that sensation, can't even imagine. And some tunes on the Radidio, must have been burned an image in your memory. A Gift from the Universe, to you.

I imagine you could see the Milky Way splitting the sky up there. Must have been spectacular.

Now I'm jealous!

new topics

top topics

join