It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World's oldest axe found in Australia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   
SYDNEY — Archaeologists revealed they have found a piece of a stone axe dated as 35,500 years old on sacred Aboriginal land in Australia, the oldest object of its type ever found.
The shard of stone, found in Australia's lush and remote far northern reaches in May, has marks that prove it comes from a ground-edge stone axe, Monash University's Bruno David said on Friday.
"We could see with the angled light that the rock itself has all these marks on it from people having rubbed it in order to create the ground-edge axe," he told the ABC.
"The person who was using the axe was grinding it against a sandstone surface in order to make it a smoother surface."
David said the previous oldest ground-edge axes were 20,000 to 30,000 years old, and the conventional belief was that the tool first emerged in Europe when populations grew and forests flourished at the end of the last Ice Age.

news link

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
wow that is awesome !

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
pretty cool. I am certain there are artifacts like this much older waiting to be found

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
there are tools and wheels found that were hundreds of thousands of years old. i think marrs talked about them in his book.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Leaves hope that there is still some valuable things to be found out there... !!!

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
And here we go, things are being found that are much older and supposedly manufactured in such a way that people at that time shouldn't have been able to do. Even the European stone axe that was 20,000 to 30,000 was those done on a sharpening or milling stone. I truly can't wait when the day comes when a person or group dig up something that will change our history forever.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Thank you for sharing. I have always been fascinated with this type of stuff. We are finding out so much about our ancestors and it completely defies the history we have been told. Scientists would rather lie and be stubborn than admit they were wrong. I have a feeling that there is so much more to be found but also that the majority of these findings are kept from the public.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
There's a hammer made of exotic compounds that was found in rock strata millions of years old, and is conveniently being ignored by mainstream archaeology, as well as many apparently man made objects that defy the current idea that humans have been around for "about 100,000 years".

They've also found balls with tooled markings on them in rock strata 2 BILLION years old.

I think there might be a few holes in the current ideas on human history.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
While I do believe in the idea of evolution, there are many holes in the findings.

In parts of evolution, they talk about changes taking "millions of years to accomplish" but then humans are supposed to have developed from basically Neanderthal man who banged rocks together to modern day humans within less than 100,000 years? It doesn't make sense to anyone who thinks beyond what archaeologist and evolutionists are telling us.

I believe main stream archaeologists know far more than they are telling the public, and that there are major finds that have definitely been kept from the public at large.

top topics

join