It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can worshipping demons get you powers?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
why pray to demons when you can become your own demon?

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by loner007

Wow. Immediately attack the Bible eh? If you "believe", in demons you must believe in the Bible right? (Or any Holy Book). I don't understand your point here. Demons are very real. I feel very sorry for you. OH MY SCIENCE!

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I believe you can worship demons. I do not believe you will be granted special powers. If anything you will lose one of your greatest powers, your own free will.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by RimDaas

Explanation: S&F!

The answer is yes and here is my evidence for scrutiny by you and my other fellow ats members...

Have you heard of ACHLYS? (by OmegaLogos) [ATS]

You've been and heard of the Devil's Advocate! What about his Alibi? (by OmegaLogos) [ATS]

I can't self assess this OBJECTIVELY...is it really happening? (by OmegaLogos) [ATS]

How to use neuroscience to become your Avatar! (by OmegaLogos) [ATS]

Well....I guess this is it. (thread by brilab45) [ATS]

Specifically my post linked below where I cast a masive SPELL that had unintended but good consequences...

Well to be honest... I brought back the dead!
Here is how!...

Well....I guess this is it. (by OmegaLogos) SPELL LINK! [ATS]

The Afterlife... (by HomerinNC) [ATS]

You will please note that when I cast my spell as specifically linked above [as the spell link] that I was fully under the impression that brilab45 was dead as were all the members that I tried to help as best I could.

So when they [brilab45] posted within a single hr of OL casting that spell [possessed by Hermes!
] and were suddenly alive again, well I ask you ...what conclussions would you draw from the above story???

Personal Disclosure: Here is my now rarely posted [
please allow a little leeway with this posting of my] ...

Disclaimer: I'm a theist but not of the Abrahamic faiths. I have minor biblical scholar and scriptural skills. Also I am not a scientific/legal or medical expert in any field. Beware of my Contagious Memes! & watch out that you don't get cut on my Occams razor.All of this is my personal conjecture and should not be considered the absolute or most definitive state of things as they really are. Use this information at your own risk! I accept no liability if your ideology comes crashing down around you with accompanying consequences!

P.S. I hope I have convinced you that yes demons exist and yes they can confer amazing magic power!
But if not, I have even more evidence to present, which I shall refrain from posting now so as not to totally overwhelm you and this thread etc.

edit on 7-11-2010 by OmegaLogos because: Edited to clearly identify the spell link

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I've asked the same question basically. What could make so many of these seemingly intelligent occultists devote their whole lives to intense belief and study of the occult? Were they just fools hi-jacking their own subconscious with fantasy...or were they actually communing with an extra-intelligence?

So, I started looking into what their "rewards" might have been for their allegiance to the dark side. This website puts them all together. Pick your magician, shaman, channeler from Blavatsky & Crowley to more ancient practitioners like John Dee and see what life had in store for them. If they did indeed receive supernatural assistance it was, as others here have referenced, a sucker's bet for the humans.
edit on 7-11-2010 by The GUT because: clarification

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Worshipping god will grant you powers, seeking your true inner self will grant you powers. These powers are wisdom, compassion, love, healing of self and others, powerful shields that protect you from negative entities and evil. In the future god will grant us the power to manipulate matter and energy with our minds.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by RimDaas
I was reading this boook and they were talknig about people with paranormal powers. These people were idol and animal worshippers.

I am actually curious which book are were reading. Title, Author? It would be helpful to know your source material.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
God and the devil are fictional characters. As such, they don't distribute powers to people anymore than the Kool-aid man does. OH YEAH!

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by RimDaas

Better be careful there. Sounds like your curiostiy is about to get you in a ton of trouble. Better get your own ruler and smack your hand!

If demon worshipping is such a sin. . .why are you worried about it? Seriously. Is the book you were reading fact or fiction? Are you really asking the general population to help you answer a question from a book only you're reading?

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
In this day and age the same demonic forces spoken of are likened to psychological forces binded with physiological matter. Without any hocus pocus mumbo jumbo people are often led astray to violating themselves and others all because of their instinctive inept desires of satisfaction. Those privy to psychological mindsets understand that if one chose to exploit others by such intelligence it would be rather easy to manipulate and control the weak minded. The same tricks are being played today as they where in ancient times. People are often lead to fulfill their inept desire for satisfaction by receiving a shallow portion fitting the moment, while those who promise to give those what they want out of life make off with the better portion of that persons utmost long range desire goals. Have a look at today’s social economics and tell me one cannot see it happening. The Babylonian tricksters are still among us, looking to deceive those lacking in mind strength. These forces seek to champion forces who otherwise could not achieve what they want out of life as a ruse to build an empire beset upon what is against the very people they say to help. Deception, and manufacturing issues to get people obsessed with issues they care nothing of at all, exploiting them, whereby the other hand profits profound numbers. These are the same forces spoken of in the title of this forum. The Babylonian television sets programming all designed by those who seek to educate people in the art of deception. Fake stocks and dummy companies who criminals and Christians alike flock to for their secret deceptive profits. All the while, someone suffers for lack of true execution of law and order. Who decides the distinction between criminal and upstanding citizen? Sadly, it’s the same forces spoken of in the title, who have yet to champion even more people they seek to demonize to gain more profit. No hocus pocus mumbo jumbo, just lies, that’s the sum of the climate, the apocalypse.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
If you worship me, I will provide you with eternal praise, forever and ever, so that you always feel the pleasure of endorphins flowing through you.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by RimDaas

Absolutely but is it worth the price?

I wouldn't rush off and join the Young Republicans, the Masons or any other cult of demon worshipers no matter what they promise.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeverApologize
You know... It kills me that people think that worshipping demons can gain you powers but going to church can make someone evil.

No. It punches you a one way ticket to Hell IMO. Why would you worship something evil, regardless of what your "faith" may be? Praising something evil is like thanking the NAZI's for murdering millions of Jews. Did worshipping NAZI's get them powers...?

Yes, Hitler and nazis restored the german government greatly while also spending high amounts. If the spending was less then the odd research done by hitler would never have happened, but all in all germany recovered mostly in part of hitler. If the jews werent killed in that way, we would never have the research in medicine we have today either. I say the bad outweighs the good, but there were gains we use and see even today.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Worshiping a demon can't get you super powers, but it could get you into the nearest psychiatric ward.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
For those with eyes to see and ears to hear.

Just read your bible.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Oh, whatever you do, don't worship demons. You have to control them, like horses or other animals. That's how you get them to do what you want.

You have to keep in mind that YOU are the human. YOU are the superior entity. Even angels are beneath humans. The difference being heart, will, choice, and imagination. These entities don't have any of those things.

So when you get the demon, you watch it like a really intelligent rattlesnake that will try everything it can to bite you, but remember that you're the one in charge, not it.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by platipus
why pray to demons when you can become your own demon?

Exactly. Demon power isn't so much about a demon doing things for you. It's about changing your perception of the world so that you can make things happen for yourself. The demon is just a tool. A potentially dangerous tool. But the ultimate result of the interaction should be that the sorcerer gains power through a change in perception.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by RimDaas

No. But some may be ancient spirits that have been asleep intentionally out of bordem and are now awakening. And some may possess powerful Angel spirits or actually are angels in the flesh. Here for ya know natas!?!?!?!?

edit on 11/9/10 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Give your life and soul to just not give a #.

That's the price. Ask, look inside, they come to you at night.

Just look inside, they'll make their prices known.

It's a subjective introspective thing, but people aren't joking when they say, don't even touch that kind of stuff.

It's essentially the minds way of processing the loss of all morals.
edit on 9-11-2010 by NsatatRisatoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

But wasn't lucifier an angel? He fell down to a horrible level of the devil. That means all the other angels have also got the means of faith, arrogance and other qualities Lucifier had.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join