It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could we adapt if all currency were eliminated worldwide?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Hello. I asked my buddy today about the outcome of the elimination of all currency. Our discussion ended with a negative outcome. Two problems; Real estate and natural resources. Imagine for just a moment what it would be like if we woke up tomorrow and all currency had become void for whatever reason. We would still have to play by some form of rules. Would it be necessary to stop going to work if we weren't getting paid? I think not. The technology we have would allow us to survive and adapt. Communication, transportation and information. I have a hard time understanding why the world has to stop turning just because money stopped circulating. Money makes the world go 'round? I disagree. In my opinion, the humble one, it's our will to survive. Technology makes it more comfortable of coarse. What would happen to all the greedy people? I imagine real estate and natural resources would eventually become a problem due to over-population and helping themselves to technologies luxeries. Lack of incentive and or competition may also be a con. However, I'm still convinced that after all the chaos is over, we could adapt to a new world without our precious incentive. I may be ignorant. I will standby to become informed by you, the members of above top secret.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Possibly but i see chaos, death, and anarchy before that happens. I guess you can say things would have to get a lot worse before they get better.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
If this really happens , i think that we have to adapt to it ,but not whether we can or not,right?

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
does anyone know who actually started to use some form of widely accepted currency first ?

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
We are so stuck in our ways
I mean...we don't really have much of a choice. Especially if we have a family. This thread I've started makes me realize how unrealistic this all seems. I say we're stuck because it's not like any level headed person can make arrangements for this scenario to take place. We're trapped with this paper disease. I do know we could adapt. We do well when presented with a challenge. Not just the usa but the world in general. It's a scenario that's so far out of reach but it's fun to think about, yes?

new topics

top topics

join