It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If animals spoke English, would you eat them?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
Well the title says it all, if animals for example sheep, cows, shrimps, pigs.. If they spoke English, would you still eat them?

Of course people would, have a look at this.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

I wouldn't slaughter and eat a cow if it spoke English

I have no problem eating animals... However, i do have an issue with unnecessary cruelty for sport or pleasure. To ask if i would eat them if they spoke English is a little odd really.

Mooo is still Mooo whatever language it is spoken in.

Although i love animals they are not my equal. I will respect them and admire them. I will try not to over exploit them. I will buy responsibly by selecting labels such as Freedom food. I have cut down on meat consumption because i personally believe that we eat too much meat in developed nations... But i will eat them.

If you believe that animals are our equal then i suggest going to Africa and having a word with the lions regarding their slaughter of other mammals. Maybe they could adopt a vegan diet?

No, of course not... because it’s unnatural, they are not our equals and cannot be reasoned with.

Sometimes there seems to be a little arrogance amongst some vegetarians. Almost as if they believe that they are the only people on earth who could possibly love animals...

“How can someone who murders and eats creature say that they love them same creatures” They will argue!!

Well, maybe people like me have just accepted the circle of life. I am comfortable with my ethics. The people who claim that those who eat meat are somehow evil or savage need to look at the worlds indigenous tribes people who do it meat but live in perfect harmony with their environment. These “meat eaters” do far less damage to the world than the hypocritical westernised Vegans with their plastic Ipods, Iphones, and laptop computers which are built by exploiting the world and are powered by methods that pollute the entire planet!!

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

But if all the cow could say was MOO! I would still eat it....

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by dereks

I was just going to post the same clip!

We do know that human beings are certainly capable of eating things that talk, like other human beings for example, and to some human beings eating animals in the first place seems as odd to them as eating a person would seem to meat eaters.
It might also depend what the animals were capable of saying, I have spent a few weeks in the company of an extremely annoying parrot and was definitely imagining it on a spit roast by the third day

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
even if they spoke Chinese i would eat animals....

more logic does not apear in this second line.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Well, I don't think I could eat a animal if it spoke English......
on the other hand, if it spoke French............ Bon Appetite

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
With a bit of '___' they can speak what ever you want

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I would be more likely to eat an English-speaking animal. But a Latin-speaking animal, no way!

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I would get several animals, get them telemarketing jobs and retire. I would only eat animals that don't work for me. Hire dogs, they have short memories and are blindly loyal. Someone would exploit them, why not me. haha

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

That's a good question. No, I wouldn't feel like eating them. I already eat only seafood and chicken anyway and I wouldn't eat even that if they were able to talk in any human language. Because if they could talk and even think like humans, obviously some of them would develop friendship with humans too through communication...

But that's the way it is supposed to be, humans are the most dominant species because of many reasons one of which is their linguistic abilities.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

you're basically asking if i'd eat a parrot...if they tasted good then hell yea.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
What if vegetables could weep? Would we eat them?

Well that's a tricky question now, but you have a point... I really can't imagine that. The world would be so insane if animals speak human language and plants weep...

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
If animals had always spoken human languages and we didn't know any better, then, yes, I'd imagine just as many people would be eating them today as there are in a world where they do not speak human languages. It's a violent, dog-eat-dog world that we live in.

IRM

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
We need to eat. If we evolved with plants that wept and animals that spoke English, it wouldn't be a thing to slice and dice them. If we woke up in some bizarro world tomorrow where this just came to be, ...I don't know htf that would play out. You would probably see a lot of vegetarians go nuts, and a lot of psychopaths filled with joy! The average person would probably have some trauma, but would make it through.

I thought plants already wept, in their own way. Isn't it proven that they emote?

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
If animals spoke English I would only eat the ones that ate other animals.Maybe leave the vegan animals alone.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
If animals could speak I would ask them what their religion was. If their reply was something along the lines of "no belief in religion because we aren't as dumb as some of you ignorant humans", then they would surely be spared. The rest, being of the foolish, would be eliminated as they would cause nothing but wars and division and have nothing but hate within the herd anyways. So to maintain peace in the animal kingdom, the religious ones who just cant get along and act right would be eliminated for the greater good of animal-kind.

edit on 7-11-2010 by pplrnuts because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
They talk?

Are they republicans or democrats?

....Hey, nobody said anything about thinking
edit on 7-11-2010 by Brood because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Curiousisall
Well it really kind of depends on what they had to say.
Second line.

Good point. (Funny too.)

Like or dislike? Friend or foe? Democrat or Republican?

I think nearly every animal would be an independent.

If the first words out of a pigs mouth were "Death to the infidels!" ....BLT sandwiches for everyone.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
well my thoughts on the subject are as goes
Good and Evil do not exsist in nature only indiffurance so is it evil that I eat the same things other animals eat ?

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Lobsters get mouthy with me sometimes.

Hunger trumps the cries...

...along with some butter.
edit on 7-11-2010 by Brood because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3  4 >>

join