It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Killing In Self Defense

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I have no idea where else to put this but here so if this needs to be placed somewhere else then please does so mods.

With that being said, i have had a question lingering in my mind as of very recently. More so then i was in Iraq. I am wondering if anyone else has had to be put into this situation before as far as having a gun put to there head, been stabbed or in a physical confrentation, (as i have been stabbed) and knows what this feeling is like. But i would like to see how many others feel about if they had to protect theyre family, and within theyre constitutional rights as an American to defend themselves from an (alleged highly dangerous mastermind pediphile)????

I hope i am comming across the right way as of this momment. It has become alarmingly concenring to me that someone could get out on bail for some of the things this person has done. So, advice please?

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
This sounds like a great debate. I would have to study on my resources. Then reflect on what I think about this subject.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by achaiah86
I have no idea where else to put this but here so if this needs to be placed somewhere else then please does so mods.

With that being said, i have had a question lingering in my mind as of very recently. More so then i was in Iraq. I am wondering if anyone else has had to be put into this situation before as far as having a gun put to there head, been stabbed or in a physical confrentation, (as i have been stabbed) and knows what this feeling is like. But i would like to see how many others feel about if they had to protect theyre family, and within theyre constitutional rights as an American to defend themselves from an (alleged highly dangerous mastermind pediphile)????

I hope i am comming across the right way as of this momment. It has become alarmingly concenring to me that someone could get out on bail for some of the things this person has done. So, advice please?

If my family was being threatened I would kill god himself.

Killing in defense of your family is one of the most natural instincts that we have. Any animal would do the same and I am sure even if your religious your god would forgive.

I would do whatever it took to defend my family.

Pred...

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
yes thank you very much/ im just wondering how is it that these people are free to go after what they do?, and they are considered to be the scum of the Earth! even gang bangers dont likem. It just really frustrates me that this is the way in America it has to be.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Im not 100% sure what your asking. I can tell your emotional about this topic. If your asking what would I do to protect my family, If I was correct in the eyes of the law, This person or thing was in my home, or hurting my kids, They wouldnt breathe long I promise.

If your asking because your worried about it coming after you, Watch your kids close tell them that your house rules are mandatory check ins if they are old enough, watch out for creeps, no one needs a ride the usual and purchase a gun. I personally have my iphones trackable simple program in the app store so you can see where it is all times.

IF it really is bothering you and moving is an option, do so. If that makes you sleep better, however there are weirdo's everywhere and you really not helping the problem

If you are asking if you should kill him if you are within your rights... HELL YES!

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Absolutely killing to defend yourself or your family in a life threatening live or die situation is in no way morally wrong in my eyes and would do it without hesitation if i absolutely had to.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Yes, if it came to self-defense or the defense of a loved one/family member(s), I would kill without question. It is just basic human nature....and I believe even the most anti-gun, anti-violence, peace-advocating hippie would do the same. Whether or not it is morally wrong or right to kill in any case, even self-defense, is up for debate and discussion. I would take my chances.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Replikant
Yes, if it came to self-defense or the defense of a loved one/family member(s), I would kill without question. It is just basic human nature....and I believe even the most anti-gun, anti-violence, peace-advocating hippie would do the same. Whether or not it is morally wrong or right to kill in any case, even self-defense, is up for debate and discussion. I would take my chances.

Agreed I would burn in hell if I was wrong so that my little one could be safe!

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
To All-

Thank you and maybe this will help others. And yes even me having my military background, this person had his as well, and is said to be dangersous. Yes i know that every Ex has theyre potentional but im being precautious at very least. I am also usually a very calm person, as some might have noticed since being on here and planning on being here love this place, anyways, yes have never HAD to think about this before so it is very unearving? i think i said that right. Any i have a newborn by the way, so yea im the (man) of the house, and will live up to my nickname my brother in law gave me which is Badger. I feel sorry for the person at the same time what should i do without puting myself in the blender so to speak?

I do believe in God and know that i have his best Angels watching over me right now, and heed be to thee that comes across my territory.
edit on 7-11-2010 by achaiah86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Well first of all, someone that is out on bail has not been convicted yet, so anything they are charged with could be false. Innocent until proven guilty is the way our system works, but with certain charges the public treat people otherwise. Just being accused of certain things makes people go bat# and want to kill the accused. Just remember, people are accused all the time, and even convicted and innocent. There are many cases that people are vindicated after a whole lot of time spent in prison for a crime they didn't do, because they are poor and cannot afford johny cochran.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
It's seems so many Americans worry about this issue. I think you are much more likely to die from a every day thing like a car crash than to be murdered by some random human. Then again, I am from Canada. Have never locked my doors for my whole life and my house has never been intruded.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by nittin
It's seems so many Americans worry about this issue. I think you are much more likely to die from a every day thing like a car crash than to be murdered by some random human. Then again, I am from Canada. Have never locked my doors for my whole life and my house has never been intruded.

Where you from? I'm from Canada too and I lock my doors. Been broken into a few times, although I do live in one of the larger cities.

I do understand what you saying though.

Pred...

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

the reason this person is out is because the detective knew it was going to take awhile for this person to be jailed and hasnt gotten his (ducks in line). As well as, oh isnt it fortunate that he happened to have his benefits while he was in jail. (so easily can add up over time) He had picture evidence against him., among other things i cant obviously cant get into. I would not be saying this if i did not feel that had had to get some feedback from people.

- also just on a note, i have do have law enforcement background as well as my immediate family im well aware of the precautions but thank you...

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
If someone had a loaded gun to my head I would use whatever insticts and abilitys I had to take control of the situation... if that means snapping his/her neck...would do it in a heartbeat.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by achaiah86

I don't know where you are from, but in most states in the US it is legal to protect your family, yourself, and a third person who is in IMMINENT DANGER. This does not mean that you suspect that you are in danger, it means that it is on top of you and there is little to do but react. Some states have a "retreat law"; in other words, if it is possible to retreat out of danger as an alternative, then you must do so to be protected legally.
Just some thoughts
Seeashrink

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

From Vancouver BC. Not that I'm saying Canada is a safer place I just have a weird intuition that the more one worries about a situation like that the more likely it will happen.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I have some experience with this.
Killing to protect your family is a last resort, and it really has got to be self defense.
If it's a preemptive attack then you will go to gaol, and knowing what the US is like, you'll probably never get out again.
If that happened, how will you ever protect your family again, there will be other times when your family need you, but you wont be there.
You need to box clever on this sort of thing, follow your head, not your heart.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   

OP, do you live in the U.S.? If so, I can give you some guidelines to think about. This is a highly charged topic and if you're in the middle of this kind of situation you have to try to refrain from acting on emotions. Because, remember, if you kill someone under circumstances where your life or the life of your family weren't in jeopardy, you can wind up getting locked up and that does no one any good.

Is this person someone who has already victimized you or a family member? What makes you think they would come after you? Maybe you should get a restraining order if you don't have one (not that it prevents someone from coming after you anyway, but it certainly gives the law reason to arrest someone just for coming near you).

Here's some scenarios for you to consider:

If this person was standing outside your residence, or was on your porch knocking on your door, but was not forcibly trying to get into your home, you could not kill them and get away with it.

If this person was physically trying to kick down your door, or was trying to bust out your windows to get inside your home, you would be justified in killing him. Certainly, if he entered your home forcibly or without your permission, he is an intruder and you can kill him. The justification for this comes from the fact that if someone is forcibly entering your home, your life is in danger because you have no idea what this person's intentions are. You have every right to protect your own life and the life of your friends and family who are in the home with you. This is a fine line, OP. Many people think they can run outside and shoot people who are breaking into their car or otherwise damaging their property. I know that sounds silly, but believe it or not, people think they can. You cannot kill someone who is not posing an immediate threat to your life.

I would have to know a little more about your situation to say anything more specific than what I've said above. Preditors of this nature do not get rehabilitated. It is a sad fact. And the fact is, they live all over our cities. People would be shocked to know how many they have living in their immediate vicinity. They are not tracked well either by the authorities assigned to monitor them, unfortunately. Therefore, we as citizens have to protect ourselves. Be careful also about carrying guns or other weapons on your person if you do not have a permit. This sucks, I know, but your family needs you to be with them...not locked up, right?

I hope this helps.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I would offer that paper trails are very important.

Scrape up a few bucks, hire an attorney, get a restraining order, have your attorney act as a liaison between you, the police and the district attorney's office. Hold the authorities accountable before the fact.

Also, let your neighbors know what is going on.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Here in Australia where guns are almost non-existant I had a person approach me with a knife whom previously said they were going to stab me. They were about an arms length from me when they pulled it out and as they were opening it it was as if time slowed down just enough for me to think of what to do.
I punched the knife out of his hand and kicked it under a car. It was enough of a surprise for him to not know what to do afterwards.

I think those sort of actions can only happen in situations where you think your life is in danger, because I have never had any training and I stay out of fights. There was literally just over 1 second between when he pulled out the knife and when it was under the car.

Killing in self defense is a grey area, because how do you know you were defending for your life? The person may not have intended to kill you but it may have seemed like they did and so if you killed them in what you thought was defending for your life then you've essentially murdered somebody.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join