It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are your thoughts on fast food?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I love my crock pot and you are totally right. U can put the toughest peice of meat into the crock pot and 12 hours later it's fall apart tender. I have also found that having a garden and canning or freezing the bulk of the harvest can give you healthy, cheap, delicious veggies all year long. I do prefer freezing though, less time consuming and they seem to taste better. I had still rather spend hours in a hot kitchen during the summer and fall than eat a 600 calorie Big Mac.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I'd love to have a garden, but in the FL heat, I just don't have the time to keep it from dying. I've tried, but failed in this regard...

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
right there with you. i used to live in ga till six months ago. now i live in north dakota so from one extreme to another.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Am I the only one who feels like this after eating a couple hamburger, fries, and drinking a soda?

I have been eating home cooked food and I can tell you I feel much better and I can see the differences.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

I tried the recipe you provided tonight and i have never had better chicken. Even hubby liked it and he hates chicken!

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by twinsmom

My family and I had the same. Chicken! My parents are from the South so they know how to cook great soul food.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I have fast food about one a week. I dont see any problem with as long as you eat it in moderation of course. After all, a lot of it is full of chemicals, and high in saturated fats. Anyway, I hear the meals over in the USA are much worse than what we have here in Australia. Apparently our large meal is equivalent to an American medium sized meal

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
We southern folks know how to cook! I really miss my mama's friend chicken, i can get it close but it still doesn't taste like hers.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by twinsmom

Yeah my mother always cooks a lot and all her cooking is Southern. I'm just a fan of a few items. I mostly cook for myself or buy fast food.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
i eat fast food EVERYDAY i weigh 42KG im 16 years old male.i gain 2 kgs at day and lose 2 kgs at night meaning i eat then # at night,and i love fast food and PEPSI

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by beyondthepast
i eat fast food EVERYDAY i weigh 42KG im 16 years old male.i gain 2 kgs at day and lose 2 kgs at night meaning i eat then # at night,and i love fast food and PEPSI

Just because you are skinny does not mean you are healthy. The only reason you stay thin is due to your age and the fast metabolism at that age. Once you get older you will end up stacking on the weight if you continue eating like that

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
all my friends at school insult me because of height(150 cm) and my baby arms but im fitter than them like i have more endurance and stamina than,i walk and run everyday to school every morning.

is it okay for my body if i eat Subway like thrice a week ?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Fast Food is just an expensive snack. I stopped eating meat about 5 months ago and feel great. I normally get 2 or 3 colds/flu a year but since I stopped eating meat I haven't been ill. I believe fast food can be an addiction due to the salt, fat sugar releasing chemicals in the brain, which can be harmful in the long run but everything in moderation right? The fact McDonalds uses a clown in it's adverts is appalling and should be stopped because it gives the illusion that fast food and happiness are connected, unless your scared of clowns i guess lol. I recently saw a documentary called "Earthlings" (whether it is PETA propaganda, i'm not sure but it is powerful), which gave me a better understanding of how fast food is made.

People are priced out of eating healthy because the simplest of ingredients are to expensive especially if you eat meat. There is a Chinese takeaway near me that does four dishes for £10, you can't compete with that at home. My grandma is 80 she has smoked since she was 12 and still smokes 60 a day now, she is active and well, she has never eaten a takeaway not even a pizza (yes she is old fashioned and weird), yet people in there 30's are now having trouble with diabetes and heart attacks! Which is worse smoking or the additives in our foods? I guess time will tell!

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   

all my friends at school insult me because of height(150 cm) and my baby arms but im fitter than them like i have more endurance and stamina than,i walk and run everyday to school every morning.

is it okay for my body if i eat Subway like thrice a week ?

My son has your type of metabolism. Subway is probably one of the healthiest fast food places out there, especially if you load your sub with lots of vegies, and lean meats. Don't get the cold cut one, those aren't healthy. Go for the chicken.

My son lifts weights just to put on size, and as a result of studying what puts weight on, in a healthy way, he is now very big on natural fresh foods, and eats a lot of lean proteins. Actually, he eats a lot of everything, as long as it's healthy.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
It's scientifically designed crap.
Targeted to specific pleasure areas of the brain.
And it's loaded with a drug called MSG (yeah they call it a flavor enhancer like salt)
But read about it for a while, that good ole MSG.
And not on any fringe blog, just as many science based sites you can find.

It's natural, and can be found in many foods. But look the doses in some fast food meals.
Even Mickey D's burgers.

Then there is this. A quote from the movie "So I married An Axe Murderer"

Stuart Mackenzie: Well, it's a well known fact, Sonny Jim, that there's a secret society of the five wealthiest people in the world, known as The Pentavirate, who run everything in the world, including the newspapers, and meet tri-annually at a secret country mansion in Colorado, known as The Meadows.
Tony Giardino: So who's in this Pentavirate?
Stuart Mackenzie: The Queen, The Vatican, The Gettys, The Rothschilds, *and* Colonel Sanders before he went tits up. Oh, I hated the Colonel with is wee *beady* eyes, and that smug look on his face. "Oh, you're gonna buy my chicken! Ohhhhh!"
Charlie Mackenzie: Dad, how can you hate "The Colonel"?
Stuart Mackenzie: Because he puts an addictive chemical in his chicken that makes ya crave it fortnightly, smartass!

edit on 15-12-2010 by spacedoubt because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
With the exception of Taco Bell I despise the stuff. Went out shopping last week and found my blood sugar dropping as I had not eaten - I needed something fast and there was the golden arches next to where I was parked. So I went in and after really not wanting any of it I decided to go for chicken nuggets and fries. The nuggets were cold and tasted like dried up bread. The fries were cold and very salty. I ate just enough to get me home to some real food. I don't know how they stay in business - this stuff is awful. People who eat there must not know what real food taste like plus we all know it isn't good for you. So my thoughts on fast food is Yuk!

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

i lift heavy things not weights,i lift paint cans and some other stuff but nothing is happening with my body.
and did i mention to you that im hungry 24-7? i just cant stop eating im always hungry

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   

reply to post by snowspirit

i lift heavy things not weights,i lift paint cans and some other stuff but nothing is happening with my body.
and did i mention to you that im hungry 24-7? i just cant stop eating im always hungry

Your hormones will set more toward muscle building once you're out of your teens. Some of the fast foods (McDonalds) have unhealthy ingredients - chemicals and preservatives, that will interupt your hormones. For people with poor metabolisms, those ingredients will add fat cells. Luckily you're burning off the food before it can do that - you want muscle instead. Avoid those fast foods that are unhealthy, and when you're hormones balance out as you get out of your teens, the muscles will start to grow larger.

Stick with the healthy foods, lots of lean proteins, vegies, and fruits. It's ok to be hungry all the time, and to eat all the time as you're burning it off fast. Protein keeps you feeling fuller, longer. Study foods, and find out about healthy fats and oils, and about the unhealthy transfats. Visit a reputable gym, and talk to one of the trainers about foods. Whey protein is good to put into shakes, and smoothies for extra protein.

Don't eat too much sugary stuff, and pastries, because they are empty calories, and put weight on only on fat cells, and never get to muscle. Go for whole grain type breads, good snacks are nuts, seeds.

When you're 25, and other guys are getting flabby bellies, you're going to be the one that looks fit and good.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   

edit on 16-12-2010 by snowspirit because: Double post

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Although I prefer food cooked with fresh ingredients without the usage of preservatives over fast foods, but to be honest I don't mind having fast-food at times too.
like McDonald's, subway etc

edit to add: i think if one has it sometimes (like once a week) and not regularly, then it shouldn't be that bad..
edit on 16-12-2010 by Yeah-Alright because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join