It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strangest Thing Ive Ever Seen

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Before i start i just want to make it clear im NOT writing this as a fictional story this ACTUALLY happened. It was the summer of 2005. It was a gorgeous night probably a Friday or Saturday but that's not important. i was with my, then girlfriend, and we decided to go sit on the beach together and have one of "those" nights... (now we all know blue ray players are really the only thing we have today that uses blue lasers and they are still decently expensive today in 2010 but this was 2005 when blu ray was NOT heard of and the GREEN laser was probably just coming out to public access)...this was on long beach in new york on long island about 11 pm it was for the most part a very clear night... keep in mind ny is very polluted with lights so its hard to see most of the stars and other "things" up there... but to get to the point i noticed something strange, a blue laser that would beam across the sky as far as i could see out above the ocean comming all the way at me and right over me behind me as far as i could see behind me towards the north shore of long island or as the light would permit...(THIS WAS ON LONG BEACH, NY) this was way above the cloud line and Im SURE I SAW WHAT I SAW... and i could see it would disappear and then re appear as if someone was turning it on and off... As it would disappear a smoke or some type of steam looking substance would appear where it was lit as if the laser burnt itself into the sky. My girlfriend at the time (who i cannont talk to today) also saw this and we noticed some other people on the beach looking up at it. After a while we finally left because she had a curfew and i was getting tired. So I put it off until about a month later when i saw it again with a group of friends (Ive also never mention this to anyone even them) only some of them noticed it and when i finally said "there it is!" It disappeared and I never saw it again... to this day i have yet to find ANY information on ANYTHING like this ANYWHERE..... internet, library, colleges, anywhere noone seems to know what this is nor has it ever been explained

I KNOW THIS SOUNDS LIKE AN EVERYDAY HOAX OR STUPID ASS THREAD OF AN "OHH I SAW THIS" BUT I BELIEVE THIS IS EVEN MORE IMPORTANT THAN WHAT EVERYONE SAW IN MANHATTAN IN OCTOBER OF 2010 I REALLY DID SEE SOMETHING LIKE THIS ON 2 OCCASIONS IN THE SAME PLACE AND NOONE AND I REPEAT NOONE CAN TELL ME ANYTHING ABOUT THIS...WHY?
edit on 7-11-2010 by TheLoneGunmen because: i felt i wasnt thurough

edit on 7/11/2010 by Mirthful Me because: All Caps Title.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Alright, calm down. Take a deep breath. Okay... now let's discuss this calmly in a civil manner.

The light seemed to "burn the sky"? If you saw it twice, do you think you could possibly check that spot a few more times with a camcorder to see if it happens again?

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by prepared4truth

lol im calm im just pissed it took this long to get a response but i did but this in the wrong fourm folder so that must have been why..... yes it was in 2005 i saw this ive gone back numerous times throghout the summer winter fall n spring at the same spots to see this and ive never seen it since... i did however come across something on the internet once but it was deleted soon after and i never found it again of someone experiencing the same exact thing on the west coast or oregon

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoneGunmen

Interesting... well, the ATS "hoax brigade" should be here soon...

They'll help you figure out what it could've been. Frankly, I have no clue because that is very unfamiliar to me... a blue light is just really odd to see in the night sky.

I will offer that you may have seen lasers being tested from advanced aircraft.

Are there any Air Force bases near there? Or suspicious areas that people are told to steer clear of?

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Well, what's your opinion? It sounds like a high-frequency lazer of some kind. Possibly government issue (the government has been experimenting with lazers a lot longer then you probably think). My astronomy teacher in college had a high-frequency green lazer-light which could shoot up through almost all the layers of the Earth's sky. It was a barely legal lazer, and only legal because it was green, and the green light would do the least damage if it happened to catch a pilot by accident. Maybe what you saw was someone who also owned a high-frequency lazer light, only the person's was blue, whereas my professors was green. I can't say for sure though. So, what do you think it was?

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by prepared4truth

lol yeah i got ya and i agree it is very strange anythin blue in the ny night sky

and for you answer the only known airforce base i know of on long island is camp hero which is the place of the notorious "Montauk Project"

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   

You know I heard something recently about the remote possibility that ancient weapons in the sea
shoot at incoming threats. The idea can't be stranger than your story. Hope you find the true answer
to your mystery.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

I agree with you, I have a green laser that goes 6km+.

Barely legal but a blast to play with.
My mother works at a university and I had to beg to get it. It has a piercing beam that you can see, not just the light at the end but the whole beam.

I have a buddy that runs a laser company, for clubs and stuff of the like, and he has lasers that can light objects on fire. He bidded on doing the olympics but lost it because of price. His lasers could light up objects miles away.

The things about burning into the sky is actually burning into your retina because it is of such a high power. If you stare too long it will cause eye damage, even my green laser will boil the fluid in your eyes if shined directly in them.

Dangerous stuff but I love them.

I got my high powered green laser to play with my dogs and cats.
Its awesome at the dog park, they can run a long way.

Pred...

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

I would love to own one, but, I don't have the money. My prof. used to work for NASA before he lost half his hearing during some trial run. So, I'm pretty sure he got it from his time working with them. But yes, you described the same kind that my prof. used to use when pointing out astronomical things to us outside the campus. I imagine this could account for what the OP saw.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Semiconductor-based blue lasers have been around since the late 1990s, and gas-based blue lasers for much longer than than that. Handheld blue & violet diode laser pointers came out in 2005-2006 or so - so, most likely, someone was playing with their laser.

Nowadays, they're pretty cheap - my husband tested his 1w blue pointer with a buddy of ours who lives a couple miles away to see if he could see it from there, and it was visible from our house to his.

edit on 7-11-2010 by daraSD because: spelling

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

Absolutley. People who have never seen them do not understand how powerful they can be. When I use mine in the dog park people always come and ask me what it is and where I got it from.

He could see the beam and never have seen the person or object it was coming from. Once in a while I shine it up (I try not to because if I hit a plane that I did not see, I would be in huge trouble) and point out things and it almost seems never ending.

Although I have not yet seen a handheld blue one, I'm sure they are out there.

It could have been someone shining it out to sea, who knows? I just think this is the most plausible answer.

Pred...

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by daraSD
Semiconductor-based blue lasers have been around since the late 1990s, and gas-based blue lasers for much longer than than that. Handheld blue & violet diode laser pointers came out in 2005-2006 or so - so, most likely, someone was playing with their laser.

Nowadays, they're pretty cheap - my husband tested his 1w blue pointer with a buddy of ours who lives a couple miles away to see if he could see it from there, and it was visible from our house to his.

edit on 7-11-2010 by daraSD because: spelling

Ahhh, thank you for that information.

Now let's see how I can get my hands on one of these blue ones... hehe

I need it to play with my dog!!

Pred...

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
There were blue lab and bench lasers long ago, just not the diode blue ones.... wickedlasers has a blue diode laser for $299 that is 1 watt output.. very powerful and very dangerous.. And now very cheap... There has been a breakthrough within the last 6 months that is a better and cheaper way of making blue laser diodes... They claim this one watt blue laser will blind the pilots in an aircraft from 45 miles away..

edit on 7-11-2010 by alienreality because: eta

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
3 reasons why i think its not explained

1: because when i looked at the smoke and looked away it wasnt still in the same spot as i saw it and when i would look at it in a different angle it would appear a bit clearer and it wasnt direct beam to my eye i was looking at it as if running overhead

2: the whole ancient weapons theory was suposedly proved true when they went through a wormhole using the chair at camp hero (Phoenix II / Montauk Project) and accessed the underground chamber inside the pyramid on mars and found what they referred to as our "solar defense system" suposedly it is no turned off and thats why since then there have been more and more "threats" in the skys

3: i have a laser like that and just by looking at where it hits s a surface your eyesight starts to blind.... but looking at the beam in say smoke or somethin does NOT burn my retina it was to far away to burn my retina and i looked at it in so many different directions and ways that i proved to myself i wasnt "seeing things"

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Predator - my husband just added a 1W blue laser to his nerdy little collection (just search for it, I think it's called spyder or something). I think they might be having customs issues at the moment (a friend of ours ordered a while ago and it hasn't arrived) because they are so powerful, but it is worth the ~$299. It's awesome - you can light matches and burn things with it.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
i forgot to mention that it was to high to be someon using it on the surface of the earth... i was running paralell to the ground someone would of had to have pointed it out of an airplaine across the ocean the only thing stoppping me from seeing the two ends was the horizon on one end and the clouds towards the north shore

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
It sounds like someone was playing with a nice gas laser, but it's hard to tell from the description.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Sorry if I missed it, (I see it was pointed towards North) but which exact direction would you say it was coming from?

edit on 7-11-2010 by daraSD because: add-on

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Another thing to consider is that the military has been using/testing laser communication systems for quite a while that do involve laser (including blue) - between aircraft and subs. It could have been a test by/with a sub based on Long Island.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
ive actually sat there and checked this on compass..... its either DIRECTLY in the center of the bermuda triangle or somewhere towards conneticut im not sure how to explain but i was looking out on the water at the beach with a compass and on a map it goes right through the bermuda triangle which i thought was the point i should look at... or beind me the other way coming from the north slight north west

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join