It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'The Underground' Reptilian Encounter - Carthage, Missouri

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I've only read the first two paragraphs of the blog & the first page of this thread, but that's all I needed..

C'mon ATS. The replies here make me wonder about the majority of you, and sigh about the state this forum has fallen into. You guys really buying into this?

There used to be good, ongoing, research and debate here. I mean there still is, but not as much as in the past.

It seems now this site is just for entertainment purposes.

The pursuit of knowledge about the UFO phenomenon, and answers to the alien questions we ponder is noble indeed. But how are we supposed to be taken serious by the rest of the world when on our most popular community site has threads with stories like this making the front page?

Reptilians? Really guys?
edit on 7-11-2010 by susp3kt because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by susp3kt

Please enlight me with your truth as you seem pretty convinced reptilians dont exist. I m more than willing to aknowledge this but i personnaly dont have proof for one side or another.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Whether real or not, it's a great story. The idea that we may not be the first here is an intriguing concept alone. The problem with most people accepting this or event, or one similar, is that too many people either believe only what they see or haven't seen.

The mentality of much of humanity is unchanging, and if the world looks flat, then it is. If they fail to see something, then it isn't even there.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Someone had posted earlier about him using the phone...When and were? At the exit?..
Also why no description of this "graffiti?" That would explain a lot. Also, where is the friends story?
Sounds sketchy especially driving around through holographic walls in an underground cavern and not stopping thinking WTF just happened?...

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Story is interesting and maybe reptilians are real but this story is just that, a story written for our amusement. Why?

1) People don't just drive into walls, they would slam on the brakes. If you went through a holographic wall, that would be enough excitement for the day I would think. You would likely take pictures of it, spend a lot of time investigating the wall etc. You wouldn't drive through and keep going saying "huh that was cool".
2) So reptilians with guns that have extraordinary aim and speed, able to run and keep pace with an ATV, then shoot the ATV (great aim), yet this person had time to then jump off the ATV, get on his friends, and still escape. This monster should have been able to run and catch them or shoot them easily based on our "facts" so far.
3) So they called when outside the cave? I know some posters have already addressed this discrepancy. If they called outside the cave, it shouldn't have taken long to then get to the truck, how would security already get there first?
4) This storyteller would obviously be so crazy about what he experienced he would draw us some pictures of everything, and go back and investigate further. There is absolutely nothing to substantiate this story other than some words that we can read.

Obviously fake.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
As I stated a page back, I am close to Carthage/Joplin (about 2 hours) and have some vacation time coming up. If we can't getter better info on the location I can head on out and explore, take some photos and post them back on here.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by susp3kt

I share the same feelings and thoughts about this. This is nothing but second-grade cheap tabloid entertainment not even on par with "Weekly World News". I think people who comment "great story" really need to read more quality books because there's nothing great in this mediocre hoax.... They pop up every day on random forums and blogs, there are literally tens of thousands of poorly written stories with plot holes just like this one. People looking to waste some time on cheap entertainment could check out John Titor.
But, on the other hand, youtube videos on that page are great, although having nothing to do with the story.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lyrian
reply to post by rushunt

It's ppl like you who give rescue teams a hard time.
How old are you btw.?

I assume your a "RESCUE" team member or just one to try to wish they could be in that position. FACT is that I would need no assistance in being RESCUED as I have more training than most of the people on a team do. I did that professionally for 4 of my 6 active duty years in a SRIG USMC UNIT. I know what im doing and if for some reason I got hung up.... you probably wouldnt be able to fix it either. So in short do you want to start a pissing war about how your older/ younger than me and I need to grow up or should you shut up and mind your own buisness. YOU WILL BE THE LAST ONE CONTACTED SHOULD I CHOOSE TO GO AND END UP DEAD. Now go play with your plastic fireman hat and your ride on toy fire truck!
edit on 7-11-2010 by rushunt because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
"what happened to your atv?"
"um...we were underground...and there were these...reptile things..."

sounds a LOT like the Kolchak episode 'The Sentry', including
*underground storage
*vehicles (golf cart vis atv)
*military presence (the bunker was a US Gummint contractor storage facility)
*bipedal reptile chasing you

www.tvrage.com...

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by rushunt

I will risk it...im so curious know

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Ive lived in Missouri all my life, and have explored quite a few caves.
There are "undergrounds" scattered all over the whole state, some are not known to the public.
There is an underground here in Rolla, where I live. The local kids call it Hell's Gate.
Its true there are places that can house thousands of people. Did you ever see the movie about a comet hitting earth and they selected a few thousand people to go underground..it was these undergrounds that they chose to house those people..I forgot the name of the movie, its quite a few years old.
There are a few caves on my grandfathers land that havent been explored (as far as I know) by anyone but my family. And some of them I havent gone all the way through, due to having to crawl on your stomach, and Im not too keen on that. If anyone lives close to Missouri, it really would be worth your time to take a weekend and explore. There is so many of these places, and yes, there are ways to get into some of them, that don't have security there 24/7. Local kids are great at finding out how to get in.
As far as this story being believable..hmm could be. Life is stranger than fiction.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
This is a great story, wow. I personally believe there are wacky things the government is hiding from the public, so I would not be completely surprised if this was true. I actually do believe in reptilians, descendants from Lemuria or something living underground. This story is similar to those about people exploring the caves around the base of Mt. Shasta in northern California. A while back I read about inner Earth theories, that the centripetal force generated by the spinning of the planet would put the center of gravity somewhere closer to the crust and therefore there may be an inner Earth. There's also the issue of Google blurring out the North and South Pole. I don't know for certain, but I suspect there is a considerable amount the government doesn't tell us. Reality is often stranger than fiction.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Sounds like a scene from "they Live"

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by acrux

Based upon the original story, they dialed 911 underground and was told that security would meet them. Thats probably because hey did not get an outside public cell site but an internal private underground cell site system owned by the underground company/government that routes the call to the internal cell site admin/operator instead of the public telephone network. Spent 17 years as a Motorola Cellular Telephone Systems Engineer and we sold these mini cellular business cellular telephone systems.

His story makes sense to me.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

I saved your avie pic to my pictures, it is just amazing and so so heart warming. What a miracle life on this planet is and it only takes something like your avie to change everything for my mood.

Thanks for that beautiful reminder of my heart.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I wonder if there are any secret resistance groups out there that have personal funding that scouts out underground caverns to fight the secret war from reptiles on humans. Any ideas? I would love to join this resistance and fight for our species. I have nothing to lose.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
There really should be SOMETHING we as humans can do/eat to make ourselves 'less delicious' to these zookeepers.

(said in the most teasing manner possible)
edit on 7-11-2010 by theRiverGoddess because: (no reason given)

There has to be some kind of tale about if we ate saurkraut or something they wont wanna eat us......if it is haggis then Ill just have to die I guess
edit on 7-11-2010 by theRiverGoddess because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I do not see the original story anywhere can someone please tell me where to find it............

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Medieval1028
The Carthage, MO Underground Encounter

It is here
2nd line

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Huh.. guess I have a mission then:

Carthage Underground

The Carthage Underground is a collection of marble quarries in Carthage, Missouri, most of which is presently owned by Americold Logistics. They currently hold 43,000,000 square feet (4,000,000 m2) of the quarry, much of which is occupied by warehouses or factories, primarily for food production. The total area of the underground is difficult to trace, but is rumored to stretch as far as Joplin, Missouri (roughly 20 miles (30 km) from Carthage). It is frequently visited by Urban Explorers due to the decrepit abandoned quarries mixed seamlessly with working underground factories and warehouses.

Many of the local industries rely heavily upon the facilities to store foodstuffs there. It is also oddly present with an ecosystem of its own, with underground lakes hosting turtles, fish and various other species. This could be seen as remarkable given that the quarries were utterly devoid of life before the mining industry. The temperature of the underground is frequently quoted as 60 °F (16 °C) year round, though artificial refrigeration has altered the temperature to a range of -30 to 100 °F (38 °C).

The underground is also host to an underground motel, as well as having been rumored the site of government bunkers, though this has never been substantiated. So called Urban Explorers should be extremely cautious exploring the undergrounds—the great amount of them are uninhabited and/or flooded, and wildlife is not rare there.

Americold has a policy against photographs, but if you ask security nicely it's generally possible to get a tour. However, any unauthorized trespassing in their share of the underground can result in criminal prosecution, and the mostly uncharted abandoned areas are dangerous at best.

I will see what I can get done in the next few weeks. I will try to get some pictures at the very least.
edit on 7-11-2010 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-11-2010 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join