It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photo: Large Disc UFO / OVNI - Carmarthenshire, Wales - 11/5/2010

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Sorry guys, I'm going to have to jump in here and be a little skeptical...

Before I do that I have to admit that (being Welsh myself!) there have been a number of reported sightings in the past 3 years and I'm not generally a skeptic.

This thread caught my attention based on the OP's description of Camarthen and of course that picture, and although I stared and stared and STARED at the image I cannot help but question the actual "image" it portrays.

Because of this I need to show you the following. By doing so I could probably work out EXACTLY where the picture was taken from also:

Street View of "UFO" Cross reference this image with the picture you have seen and (although I tried my best) you can see some notable similarities. The two-headed spot lights... the lights around the top of the building and a fence which is clearly visable on the "UFO image".

Possible locale of where the image was taken. This is a 180 degree turn from the previous Google image. There you will see a housing estate.

Direct view from the housing estate to the Depot and Hospital (sorry for the lack of clarity). You're free to play around with the links on Google maps and see the estate if it's clear enough.

I have fairly good local knowledge and as soon as I saw that image I was able to work out what it was, the image (as far as I am concerned) is nothing but a shaky image of the First Cymru Camarthen bus depot taken from Plantas. If I am wrong however by all means send me a message clearing up where exactly the photo was taken to and I'll be happy to back track my particular findings. I would say try and get more information from your "source".

Cheers.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Its the USS Enterprise violating the laws of the Space-Time Continuum. They should go back to their own time NOW- before they screw things up!

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by SchoolProject

Good work SchoolProject.

Whether you have found the exact location is debatable and requires further work to confirm it but you are certainly on the right track. The photo is clearly bogus and the ops claim that, "the witness has asked me not to disclose further location information" puts it deeper into the hoax category.

Anonymous witness and anonymous location
suggest to me that the op is the taker of the photo.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Unplugged

Educated response pal...

torision, thanks for the reply mate. You're right, I can't be 100% certain of the locale... I'm 99% certain that if it is an image from Camarthen, it's of that building.

Interestingly enough though, the OP always links his information from the same website he pulled this source from. My guess is that it's hoax material, but I'm open to any other suggestions from the Thread creator

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Its actually a weather balloon that shoots rockets.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
im not too far from camarthern also....cant see the pic though?
also theres alot of unmanned drones that fly from pembroke way up to the brecon beacons

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I'm from Llanelli and well acquainted with Carmarthen - especially Glangwili hospital, unfortunately! - so I can also throw my weight behind any effort to get to the bottom of this

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SchoolProject

Great post man, i was skeptical when i saw the pictures and surely knew they weren't of e.t origin. Your Google map image is right on the money nothing but another hoax and a weak one at that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join