It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy Accidents

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Has anyone seen this movie starring Marisa Tomei? The wife and I were in the mood for a romantic comedy and I caught this on Netflix Streaming. At first it seemed like a standard movie but then main character thinks hes from the future and, as expected, everything thinks hes nuts. He backs up his story with these insane and crazy facts, much like our friend John Titor. I don't want to spoil the movie but lets just say it was a great flick which should still be available on Netflix.

If this movie interests you don't read further and just watch it, the less you know about the movie the better. I was lucky to know practically nothing about the movie other than Marisa Tomei was in it.

Happy Accidents IMDB

Plot Summary

Ruby Weaver has man trouble: she tries to fix them, so she's stuck herself with a string of losers. Her current lover, Sam Deed, seems different: he's sweet, tender, just in from Dubuque. But, as Ruby tells her therapist about Sam, in flashbacks we see someone not quite of this world. In fact, Sam informs Ruby that he's from the future, 2470 to be exact, traveling back in time to avoid prosecution for his sister's death, and to find Ruby, whose photo he saw back home. Ruby's sure he's delusional, but most of the time she wants to keep him - and maybe fix him. Although he seems sane, maybe Sam hasn't told her the real story: what's he up to, and who is Chrystie Delancey?

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
"We don't have mistakes here, we just have happy accidents."

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e31ac082cc46.jpg[/atsimg]

R.I.P. Bob

-TheAssoc.
edit on 7-11-2010 by TheAssociate because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by mvirata

I totally dig this flick. I've shown it to a few people and no one gets it.

They are all lame, idiots, if you ask me.

Here's a cool site that analyzes time travel flicks and has a decent article on Happy Accidents.

Temporal Anomalies In Happy Accidents

All because of a picture, what a trip that flick is.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAssociate

Can't remember who did it, but there was a comedian who did a bit on Bob Ross... He was pretending to paint...then was saying things like "Yeah, we'll put a tree here, and here, and we've got a happy little jungle...yeah, a jungle...I remember the jungle...I was in Nam..." Pretends to get another color on his "brush"..." How about a little Asian Yellow, and I'll put a little VC bastard hiding in this little tree here", etc., etc.

I think it may have been Sam Kinison who did it. I used to love watching Bob Ross, even though it's not really "fine" art, but I nearly busted a gut at the comedian's bit on him...

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Patton Oswalt

For your friends that don't get the movie, you need to DEFRIEND them.

new topics

top topics

join