It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq to get Saddam legal custody

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 07:43 AM
link   
us.cnn.com... "

The accused will appear in front of the Iraqi court, and they will be afforded rights that were denied by the former regime," he said. "The accused will have access to legal counsel and they will have the right to appoint legal counsel

How will this be a fair trial? In the states such a high profile case could be subject to a "change of venue" so an impartial jury could be found.

I don't think there is an "impartial Jury" anywhere in the world when it comes to this guy

(edited by asala to fix link)

[edit on 29-6-2004 by asala]

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   
one of my fears is that, the "new" Iraqi government will turn him loose and he'll end up back in power some day

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 10:13 AM
link   
You said what I have been thinikng elevatedone!! What makes us so sure that when he is turned over to the Iraqis that he will come to justice? I am not so confident. We had better make sure we have a hand on his collar through all this so that he doesn't get loose. Even after they try him in their court what'll happen then? We are always going to have to make sure they are keeping him in custody for the rest of his unnatural life!!

new topics

join