It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Emergency Water Supply

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Not many people know this but your hot water tank is a hidden reservoir for use in an emergency...

Even fewer know how exactly to go about accessing the water inside.
Yes, you can use the taps/faucet but what if the water pump has gone and there's insufficient pressure to drive it out the taps

In the event of an emergency the tank can hold many gallons of water that's useable.

Get access to it and then...

www.youtube.com...

Note: In radiator-heated homes the water is not as useable for drinking and washing etc...

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Thanks for the info!

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by WatchRider

So what about the scale? I'm assuming this is something you'd want to strain off but is the water good after you use a strainer?

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I have been reusing gallon jugs by storing tap water in them. according to this site I found you should change it every 6 months, so it would probably be okay for a year. if the water has been sitting longer then that you should probably retreat it. tap water in most areas is already treated so it is perfect for storage. www.waterandhealth.org...
edit on 6-11-2010 by diablosdemon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by WatchRider

Dont forget the toilet tanks as well
Good emergency source there as well!

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by diablosdemon

Just be aware that the plastic in milk jugs and 2/3 liter soda bottles is designed to break down "quickly" and can start to leak around the year mark. It's probably not a bad idea to change out the jugs at the same time as you change the water. You can use the old water to water plants or the garden.

top topics

join