It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If I ever catch a UFO on video....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
This is a question for those with CGI experience.

If I ever see a UFO in the sky, what should I do while I'm filming it to help prove that its real? People can take videos of skyscapes and easily put UFOs in them. Is there anything I can do while filming that would make a video much more challenging for CGI artists to realistically edit? I know shaking the camera doesn't help because people have motion tracking software. What about flicking my hand back and forth in front of the camera to change the lighting/color/focus rapidly?

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
hm good question..problem is...theres nothig you cant fake on a video...

even at home with after effects you can create hollywood like effects...maybe better if you skilled enough

edit on 6-11-2010 by angrydog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
The best thing to do if you want to present authentic UFO footage. Get a tripod, have plenty of footage, as much as you can. Do not babble...like looky they are saying hi to us....some people have done that, and it's annoying as hell. Just stay quiet, but give as much info as possible about where you are, what time, direction you are facing, and noise you can hear or not. Try and have a point of reference in the video as well so we can estimate size and speed. Thats about it dude.
edit on 6-11-2010 by Moose318 because: spelling

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by angrydog

I know anything can be done. But some things are harder.

For example,
at around 1:48, you can see the edit produced artifacts because the original video had a quality that was hard to edit (in this case, non uniform texture). If I make the CGI harder to pull off, it will probably be easier to spot the fake or not so it will add to the credibility.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reddupo

For example,
at around 1:48, you can see the edit produced artifacts because the original video had a quality that was hard to edit (in this case, non uniform texture). If I make the CGI harder to pull off, it will probably be easier to spot the fake or not so it will add to the credibility.

yeah but dont forget...this was made with a 1:1 tool..its realtime editing...
with some work you never see any artefact and you never will see anything was ever there
edit on 6-11-2010 by angrydog because: duh! cant type...

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Reddupo

If i was you keep it ot yourself, people will not believe.

You will just know, and in many ways that is a nice feeling to have.

If i ever saw one, i would never talk about it, but i probably never will.

Just keep it ot yourself, your better off.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

For example,

Wow that's amazing technology....
This could have revolutionized the Paper bag technique!

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
This is what I would do.
Even though you will know it`s real there is no for sure 100% everyone that watches a video will know its real. Impossible.
I think there are more real UFO videos then people think actually. It is very easy to say what is simple to explain it is as a viewer. It will be anything but what it really is a UFO.

Any music added to the video makes me think fake. If I wanted music I would be watching a Music video of my choice.
The UFO footage should be enough to entertain me as a viewer.

Try to remain calm. I`ve seen a few myself and didn`t run around All my God a UFO screaming like a freak. Now if it is in fact heading to you you should freak as they may be pulling an abduction. So freak yes but continue filming. But be sure to drop the camera as they get to close of course or they may confiscate the film..

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   

This is a question for those with CGI experience.

If I ever see a UFO in the sky, what should I do while I'm filming it to help prove that its real?

LOL...Definitely don't post it here on ATS...unless you have "the Alien" in physical restraints and can get him to speak english and can prove it isn't your grandma in alien drag.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Reddupo

Anything can be done these days, so I think that you should not worry about people saying it's CGI, there will always be people saying that.

If you use something as a reference people will say that you used the reference to help keeping the UFO in the same place, and doing something to show it's not a fake is something the fake video makers do to make people think "see, he even did that, so it's not fake".

So, just try to get the best results, preferably along with some witnesses.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moose318
The best thing to do if you want to present authentic UFO footage. Get a tripod, have plenty of footage, as much as you can. Do not babble...like looky they are saying hi to us....some people have done that, and it's annoying as hell. Just stay quiet, but give as much info as possible about where you are, what time, direction you are facing, and noise you can hear or not. Try and have a point of reference in the video as well so we can estimate size and speed. Thats about it dude.
edit on 6-11-2010 by Moose318 because: spelling

This most definitely, if you dont have a tripod rest both your arms on something solid and stable in a triangle to stop camera shake or reduce it to a minimum. Also learn everything you can about your camera such as how to to quickly set it up with manual focus if its digital since often a camera will have a hard time focusing on empty sky when its on Automatic so being able to quickly set focus manually means you can get the object in focus and keep it in focus (heck even being able to set your camera to infinite/max focus helps since most people would see a UFO at distances beyond what most cameras are designed to focus on so set it to max focus and leave it at that).

Also try to get as much as possible on film dont just suddenly cut the film off, and if you have to give an explanation to why, such as the with some digital cameras they have a limit on the duration of video they can take in a single uninterrupted go. State that and then start videoing immediately again, unless your cards running out of mem.

Dont zoom in and out randomly, avoid digital zoom at all cost its not real zoom and just fubars the image up into a pixelated mess that just makes a heap of artifacts that some people will attempt to over analyze and attribute aspects to. Go with the closest optical zoom you can get without any distracting camera shake (since the closer you zoom on something the greater the effect motion of the camera has on the image and keeping the subject in frame)

As to avoiding possible brush off for it being just CGI... thats impossible, theres always a chance footage is just a piece of well integrated CGI, its unfortunate but thats the world we live in these days thanks to our tech... unless you use a old proper camera and can supply people with the negatives, CGI can never be ruled out.

As for some comments saying dont share it since the 'debunkers' will just shoot you down instantly... those people are idiots in giving that advice, share it, if its real then let your footage speak for itself. If everyone thinks its fake after wards, yet it is real, then so be it... youve got the experience to remember and the footage to go with it.

If the footage can be easily explained as something else, its not a problem with the sighting or your self, its a problem with the footage and if you have mediocre evidence no matter how hard you tried then thats just the way the cookie crumbles, c'est la vie.

Edit:- Oh and above all keep your head cool, if you get to excited you'll make mistakes or forget important things to do.

edit on 6-11-2010 by BigfootNZ because: Meep

top topics

join