It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bank systems down!?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
To those who mentioned alot of good things with credit unions, thank you.
I have a question about that, though.
does a person have to belong to a union or be an employee to a union in order to do business with a credit union?

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
www.prisonplanet.com...

anyone still experiencing problems?

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I stopped by Wachovia, who's now Well's Fargo, to cash a check, and all seemed well, though it seemed to take a few minutes longer than normal to cash the check with all the information that had to be entered. They were busy today. I'm guessing because of all that happened over the weekend.

I can't post a thread yet, so thought I'd post this here. I don't know if anyone is watching Law and Order at this moment on USA. I've missed thirty minutes of it. I wish I could have seen it from the beginning, but it seems to be about blowing up banks, and a group of people starting a revolution from what I'm seeing. Some very interesting things being said.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
thanks for update. anyone else knows if business is back to normal at either wachovia or bofa?

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Banks and many, many other companies use database systems. Any one who knows anything about a computer or database system, knows that regular maintenance is required to keep things running smooth. Updates and upgrades are a regular process. It isn't just banks that go through this on almost a weekly basis. Many companies from small mom and pop companies on up to the TPTB have to go through this. Its called technology. There are always bugs to be worked out of even the best systems. Servers too always need something updated or tweaked or upgraded on a regular schedule.

I see no need to panic over these little things. 99% of the time, just because a system is down, does NOT mean "something" is going on, other than the routine maintenance or system upgrades/bug fixes.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
More on this Law and Order episode. Seems to go perfect with all this stuff going on with the banks. The name of it is called Revolution, and this is what it's about.

With banks failing, an aging revolutionary believes the time is right to spark a populist uprising, and he orchestrates the kidnapping of one of the country's most powerful bankers.

This is the link if anyone wants to read more, and watch it.

www.locatetv.com...

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by triplereiki

Nope, you don't have to be in a union, but a lot of times it is kind of an exclusive thing. Most of the time either your employer has to set it up to where you can open an account there, or you have a family member with an account already. At least that's how it used to work. I'm ashamed to say I don't know if that's the way it still is even though my mom is a loan officer in one. lol

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by triplereiki
To those who mentioned alot of good things with credit unions, thank you.
I have a question about that, though.
does a person have to belong to a union or be an employee to a union in order to do business with a credit union?

The quick answer is No.

But that may not apply to all CU's. I used to belong to one when I lived in NY. All they required for membership at that time, was that you at least reside in the same County as the CU. However, that changed recently and seems that you don't even have to reside in the same state to be a member. Again, this may not apply to all Credit Unions. But it applies to this particular one.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Wow, looks like the major banks are starting to limit the amount of cash they will release to ATM servicing companies from their own accounts.

That could be a very good reason why some on here are experiencing issues removing funds...

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TasteTheTruth
Whether the banks or failing or not... Im pulling all my funds out tomorrow.
Im sick and tired of this bull#.

Bankers are disgusting humans.
Im done with it.

Yay!!

I love ya man, the more people who stop using the banks to organise their resources, the better! Then, we shall see if the government/corporation/banking cabal can enjoy their secret fairy tale bromance without the blood and sweat of the worker!

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by catchmeifyoucan

wow, thank you for posting that link.
folks check out this guys link if you haven't yet.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by MadDogtheHunter

Good to see you on my thread, and thanks for posting.
I wouldn't think folks are panicking (and shouldn't...yet), but it is good to see people take notice, and start keeping their eyes open for things that can be out of the ordinary. Yes, everyone knows of upgrades (which can be a major pain in the neck).
But I can say, when it comes to our money, we definately do raise an eyebrow when something seems out of sorts. We hear of money being taken (stolen) so much as it is.....even from people we are supposed to trust.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by BeautifullyUnwritten

Wow. I didnt want to say anything but I will stick my neck out...this is hella strange.
If anyone is familiar with the route I-5 going from Sacramento heading North towards Marysville, Follow along with me.....

Last night, I was pretty tired, so decided to go to bed early around 8:30 PM.
My husband of course was quietly on his computer.
I was laying there with my eyes closed, and of course could hear the occasional mouse clicks.
then clearly (like a dream) I was traveling from East Nicholas along I-5 heading toward Marysvill.
Much further in the distance, I saw EXTREMELY black smoke going up with a smaller black one next to it, but it was just one area (not like the whole city was on fire).
I was looking at the black smoke and still hearing an occasional mouse click.
then I opened my eyes, thought about telling my husband and then figured not to bother him.

From where I was traveling and saw the smoke, it did look like the Bof A vicinity or much further which is the public dumps. It was far eastern part of marysville.

If something there happens similar to my (dream?) within the next few days,
ya heard it from here first.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by triplereiki

...prediction thread now?

Okay...

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
he he definately not a prediction, just some weird thing that popped up out of nowhere when I was trying to sleep.
but ya gotta admit, there are alot of things (surprises) poping up everywhere.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Interesting, just hope it wasnt too far north.
I live about 2-3 hours north of sac.

Today is the day I pull my funds form the bank!
T-minus 2 hours till my own little bank run!

I woudl urge others to buy a safe and withdraw your cash as well.
Cant hurt right? Only means those &^*$#! bankers cant invest it.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by candide
Wow, looks like the major banks are starting to limit the amount of cash they will release to ATM servicing companies from their own accounts.

That could be a very good reason why some on here are experiencing issues removing funds...

We are having a problem with PNC in NJ right now..Tried to draw $300 out through ATM off the husbands check, only allowed $100...Been 4 days, work check drawn from PNC & our account is also PNC..I had to call a utility co. to explain the problem, & they actually said that they are aware of people having bank issues at the moment & told me not to worry...hhhmmm.....interesting..thought I would share...Thanks for keeping this thread updated..

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
The elite are near completion of devaluing the dollar, the near end of years of efforts to control the global economy through manipulating energy prices (especially oil) ... The near death blow will be the fed's upcoming flood of $600,000,000,000 to "boost the failing economy" which is only going to escalate the devaluing of the dollar. The first affects will be much higher costs at the pumps for gas and diesel... Then it will spiral out of control, real panic and chaos will only make it worse....

It will be unstoppable this time, unless they don't do it... But they are determined!

Get all of the cash you can now, because if the fed plans go through, all of your bills will be at best good for wiping your butts.

Imagine a "bank holiday" that will last for months?

It's gonna get really ugly.

Even the Russians, Europeans, and many other nations are all urging the US to NOT do this... They aren't stupid, they all know this is going to hurt them as well... They are all essentially being told to "mind their own business" and to butt out.

If this ATM and bank thing has you worried, stay tuned, it will likely get much worse really soon.

No need for fear-mongering.. just watch it happen!

Invest in weapons and survival items while you still can!

Forget gold, it is too high... a fools bet now at best... It is better to prepare to weather the storm.

Real Change is coming!

Unless someone can stop the feds this time.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by j.r.c.b.

hello, and thank you for sharing. I am hoping more people take notice and keep this thread going so we could at know how much of a problem could this be...or not.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Here is a suggestion for everyone....
Start NOW, not only making sure you have enough food in your pantry, but be sure to have plents of other things, even personal products, candles and such. REGARDLESS, folks should always have supplies on hand for themselves and family members.

Next, start a list of folks you know who can help you with something you need. A neighbor down the street with a garden would be handy to know, but be sure you can think of something you can do or something you may be able to use towards bartering. There are alot of skilled folks out there...Heck, even find out where you can listen to your local musician...Remember, soldiers smack dab in the middle of war still had some music every now and then to get back in touch not only with home but also with family and keep their minds intact. We may not physically be in a war, but for many folks, there is alot of stuff happening at a boggling level.

so, even now, jot down some folks you know who can help you with something, and eventhough some folks they themselves "are not good at anything", believe me, EVERYONE is good at something. Breaking up wood for a community fire, reading to kids, being strength and support for folks who need it, peeling potatoes, etc.

So, we all need to know that if something ends up happening that we cannot control, we can get a control of the situation, and make the best of it. And yes, deep inside, I get frustrated and feel helpless about alot of things that go on, but I try to make the best of it, because frustratin surely does not do anything to change the situation.

I try to respond to folks as often as I can. But if you notice I do not respond after a couple days, it will be because of bad news with my mother (found out today she is not doing well at all---very serious, not much time left for her). Havent seen my mama for about two years.

So my threads, and the people in them (especially this thread) are keeping me focused. Thank you members, for keeping me on track, and keeping this thread updated as you notice things unusual. I especially want to thank everyone for posting responses to this thread and to eachother in a respectful manner.

Again, sometimes things are coincidental, things are quirky, and sometimes things are downright wrong.
What these threads are about is to get people to take notice, don't ignore when something doesnt look or feel right and do something about it----let others know, right here on ATS.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join