It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bank systems down!?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TasteTheTruth
More info:
This might be relevant.

WASHINGTON (MarketWatch) — Federal regulators on Friday closed four banks, bringing the total number of failures this year in the U.S. to 143. Two banks in California, Western Commercial Bank in Woodland Hills and First Vietnamese American Bank in Westminster, were shut down. Their assets will be sold to healthier financial institutions, according to the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Western Commercial had $101.1 million in deposits and First Vietnamese $47 million. Regulators also closed two larger banks in Maryland and Washington state. K Bank, based in Randallstown, Md., had $500.1 million in deposits as of Sept. 30, while Tacoma, Wa.-based Pierre Commercial Bank totaled $193.5 million in deposits. The failure of the four banks will cost the federal deposit-insurance fund a combined $254.5 million. Hundreds of banks have failed over the past few years after a banking crisis in 2007 and the severe recession that followed.

It keeps on going week after week after week. I think the Fed an FDIC already know how many banks are insolvent, they just can't one day come out and take over 100 banks in one day, there would be a massive run on the banks. And these aren't all big banks, they are medium and/or small banks. I said back in late 2007 that the small and medium banks saw how much money was being made by the big banks and decided to play the game also, by buying and investing in debt securities. And then add on top of that the commercial property loans are defaulting and most of the local banks kept those on the books.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Pay Pal seems to be working fine right now for me. I do not bank with a big bank however. I've used a small credit union for 25 years.

As for why the ATM's and Debit system cards might not be working properly. This is just speculation, but what if the software in the system is being rewritten to limit how much you can take out? I've just been wondering what all the major banks could be doing at the same time.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by triplereiki
reply to post by Human_Alien

Yes I have my toys, but I do not rely fully on them...only thing is the internet to have my connection with the world. Gee, without the internet, I think the whole world will fall completely silent and completely deaf at the same time.

In the last time, I've thought more than once about the days, when there was no Internet. Life (certainly not just for me) was much slower. And the informations I got per newspaper or TV-News or oldschool-books, I could handle. Today...

The times have changed, and I feel very uncomfortable and overcome by the sheer amount of information that is available for me now thanks to the internet.

I ... I forgot what I wanted to say. Maybe just that - I'm so tired of this sh*t. I'm tired of knowing, that history will repeat itself. Always...

Because that's the real news: There are no news.

It all happened already, once. I'm from Germany, I know what I'm talking about.

God, I'm so tired, I should try to find some sleep. But I can't sleep, there's unrest inside of me. What a mess...

peace to all of you, wherever you may live!

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Peloquin

thank you for being here, in more ways than one.
Yes, alot of things can be overwhelming because we have such a big world, so many people and so many things going on. Whenever you feel you are being overwhelmed, it means too much info is hitting you faster than you can understand.
The best thing to do is turn off the computer for a while, eat a light meal, take a walk, read a book.
Our world moves so fast that most of us are in a whilwind and forgot to focus a bit just on ourselves, nourishing our bodies with food we need, some fresh air, taking a drive and just looking at natural landscape, etc.

In otherwords, our world has been surrounded by manmade things. We are socially being programmed to go this way or that, think this way or that, etc. but once in a while, we must break away and get back in touch with the realness of our world instead of the artificial one.

What it takes is enough people getting sick and tired of the SH - - , and spot right from worng.
If a person can be sent to prison for stealing a pair of shoes from a store, then the same should apply to those who steal millions from people....

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by triplereiki
reply to post by BeautifullyUnwritten

Thank you for posting, and welcome to ATS!
I am not sure if you read through all the posts (it sounds like you did), There are quite a few people from all over taking notice.
Let's cross our fingers.

Your welcome, and thanks for the welcome. I've read through them all, and there is. I'll be doing that, crossing my fingers. I had to go out earlier for a little bit, and I noticed gas prices had gone up. I think someone had mentioned that somewhere. The highest here is 2.75 that I've seen. It's definitely going up. I really do hope that none of what's been mentioned happens. I know I for one, am not ready for it. Luckily, I don't keep much cash in the bank, and only keep it there to pay for car insurance, and an online purchase once in a while. I pay for everything else with cash. I'll definitely let you all know if anything is up tomorrow.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
ATM at my store not functioning; no communication-error message displayed. Didn't think anything of it at the time- NY

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
My husband just now called me and said that while taking the nightly company deposit to the bank he saw a guy trying to use the ATM at a branch of Bank of America. This guy was there for about five or six minutes and after failing to make a withdrawal, got very irate and peeled out of the parking lot. This happened at 6:47PM tonight, Sunday night. My husband just happened to pull up into the bank's lot behind this guy and couldn't get close enough to get specifics, for all we know the guy's account was overdrawn; so take this for what its worth.
We're in Virginia.
Hopefully this can all be explained by upgrades, time change, etc.
edit on 7-11-2010 by FunSized because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I already pulled all my money out of my banks. I really believe something wicked come this way in about 2 weeks, so look for the signs. A crash in the stock market will be one of them , so be careful.
This 20% hit to our money will effect the food shortly and that is one of the signs, the food prices. Later , there will be a gas hike. Something else is going on in the ARABIAN SEA. No banks shut down here that i know of, but i do not bank at those banks either, so.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by triplereiki

THIS IS A TEST....THIS IS A TEST...........THIS IS A TEST..........THIS IS A TEST......Sun 7th Nov.2010
3:00PM: Bakersfield Ca.
I thought you guys were just blowing smoke as usural but.................I just came back from my favorite Fast Strip gas /market. I could not get the Gas pump tp accept the ATM card. I asked the attendent inside and he asked back is it's down? I'll check on it,.......... and then went about waiting on another customer.

I went outside and moved to another pump and it said the same thing , Debit Cards not accepted.(this has never happened here before) I tried it again but did not select debit and it automatically went to Credit Card and asked me for my zip code instead of my ATM code and it worked. When I use ATM they charge $.35 to use the pump, so I know if the store had the choice they want you to use the ATM card.
It is my personal belief that a test is being run by selectively causing certain areas ATM machines to be out of order as a test to see how each individual reacts so the PTB will know what to expect when they do the extended Bank Holiday. Now if the ATM is still dowm tomorrow, I will take all my $ out of the bank ,( in this case a Federal credit union ) and close the account if that is what it takes to get it out. BEWARE....KMG

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

Wrong:
I believe you are talking about the purposed Bank run by the Europeans on Dec 7th. Not Nov 7th.There was a possible Military coup planed for Russia on Nov 7th and that was nipped in the bud.
KMG

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Whether the banks or failing or not... Im pulling all my funds out tomorrow.
Im sick and tired of this bull#.

They use our money to make themselves more money and since that isnt enough the swindle people out of their homes and car and anything they can get their fingers on.

Bankers are disgusting humans.
Im done with it.

A bank will never see my money again.
I plan to maintain a $100 balance in order to maintain my credit/debit card.
Everything else is going in the safe.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TasteTheTruth

You won't be the only one!! If this is just a little hiccup, I wouldn't be surprised if a lot more people already jittery follow suit and create a small run, which could set off a big run. lol

Won't say if it happens I won't have a good hardy laugh as the banks cry about how we're screwing up their profit sharing. lol "poor wittle baby. Baby want his baba? TOUGH COOKIES!!" lolol

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
While keeping up with these posts, I thought of something. Those of you that know your banks, and banking really well, what would happen if many people took out large amounts of money from the banks? What would happen to those banks?

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Wells Fargo is down for maintance .....www.wellsfargoadvantagefunds.com...

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by PayMeh

Exactly.
I just hope others follow suit and show these bastards that WE are in control.
Since when did the people start fearing the government?

The people have the right to bear arms so that the government shall fear its people! - Thomas Jefferson

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
"Bank of America"?

.....rather, 'Bank for America' with or without concern from the American.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
So, has anyone tried to check and see if things are business as usual this morning? I used my debit card online all weekend with no problems, but I would like to know if this is still happening to anyone else.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Any news on this as of Monday morning??

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I would say to those folks who do have bank accounts:
Do not close your accounts. Keep enough money in the account to electronically pay your bills and cover some debit purchases (gas and food), and the rest, remove just to be safe.
Later, deposit money back into the bank to keep your monthly amount proper to cover the bills.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join