It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Internet phones

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Here's a thought. If you were an omnipotent superpower, or at least aspired to be, wouldn't you try and move 100% of your populace's telecommunications onto the whizbang, you-beaut broadband internet, making access to all that juicy info just that much easier.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Next, good try. Almost there add a little more and you might have something.

what is a Whizbang?

[edit on 29-6-2004 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 07:57 AM
link   
my apologies. I'm working on a stock analysis that's related and I was just airing the idea for responses.

whizbang 1. Conspicuously effective, successful, or skillful
dictionary.reference.com...

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I don't know too much about it, but in the most recent New Scientist here in the UK, there's an article about BT setting up IP phones in the next 5 years, whether that would incorporate the internet I do not know, but the possibilities are endless.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Internet Phones = VoIP?

I currently have a VoIP phone and it works great. Probably one of the best switches I have made provider wise to cut down on my bills.

Plus it's not one of those phones in which you have to be on the computer to use it or the other person. I can call anyone I choose.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Romeo,
VOIP is a good investment decision but it's not the technology that is going to drive further growth. If you want to make some good long term investments check out Nanotech. Here is some ticker symbols to get you started if you are interested.

HPQ , VECO , FEIC , IBM , IMMC , FLML , SKYE

Just a bit of a warning though. Very few companies have stable revenue streams dealing with Nanotech related products and the few that Do have products on the market are either Private or the are a huge Multi-National. Here's a list of companies that HAVE some products on the market right now or they are really small which makes them either very risky or very attractive.

IBM(All harddrives since the late 90s have some type of Nano in them) , NanoTex(Makes stain-proof, wrinkle-resistant textiles still private though...) , ACCL (Makes Molecular modeling software) , NANX (Manufactures Nanoparticles like Nano-Zinc-Oxide used to make Zinc-Oxide cream transparent and silky not white and greasy)

DJ How much does your service cost and how much did the Handset cost you because im very interested in checking it out since I heard some of the VOIP Handsets allow you to use the Skype service which is free.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
Romeo,
VOIP is a good investment decision but it's not the technology that is going to drive further growth. If you want to make some good long term investments check out Nanotech. Here is some ticker symbols to get you started if you are interested.

HPQ , VECO , FEIC , IBM , IMMC , FLML , SKYE

Just a bit of a warning though. Very few companies have stable revenue streams dealing with Nanotech related products and the few that Do have products on the market are either Private or the are a huge Multi-National. Here's a list of companies that HAVE some products on the market right now or they are really small which makes them either very risky or very attractive.

IBM(All harddrives since the late 90s have some type of Nano in them) , NanoTex(Makes stain-proof, wrinkle-resistant textiles still private though...) , ACCL (Makes Molecular modeling software) , NANX (Manufactures Nanoparticles like Nano-Zinc-Oxide used to make Zinc-Oxide cream transparent and silky not white and greasy)

DJ How much does your service cost and how much did the Handset cost you because im very interested in checking it out since I heard some of the VOIP Handsets allow you to use the Skype service which is free.

You can use any type of handset. I'll send you a u2u becuase I'm not sure about the rules of advertising here on ATS.

top topics

join