It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quality basic AR15 for around $500 - is it possible? What would your shopping list be?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I just wanted to thank everyone for the help, all the information was very informative. I think I'd better save a little more

Got me on the right track of what to look for.

Thanks again

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by usmc858
Thanks alot, I check out www.calguns.net

edit on 6-11-2010 by usmc858 because: (no reason given)

If you live in CA, then you are basically SOL for getting a standard AR-15 like you are familiar with as they are illegal to own in CA. The only exceptions are some "CA-legal models" that has been modified to not have a detachable magazine.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

If you lived in California you would know that only a handful of AR15 rifles are banned due to the ineptitude of our legislature. You would also be familiar with the term "OLL" and know that the two (CMMG MOD4SA) rifles I legally purchased in 2008 have removable magazines and are identical to any other AR in every way other than the the mag release button (that I installed) which requires the use of a tool (bullet tip) to actuate. If I take my rifle out of state or feel the need for any reason 4 turns of a screw would allow it to be operated normally.

There is also a 10rd limit on magazines produced after 2001 but that doesn't mean I can't keep the 30 rounders I have working by replacing any or all of the parts as needed. Many online stores will ship complete magazines disassembled as rebuild kits. Further, nobody knows how many pre-ban magazines were here to begin with. I don't take my pre-ban mags to the range because I like to keep a low profile but rest assured if the SHTF I will be carrying a full load of 30rd mags and dropping mags just like the rest of the (somewhat) free country.

All hope is not lost as California's ban is far from bulletproof (haha) and is being challenged in the courts continually. While we may have a few mohoops re to jump through legally, owning an AR15 in Cali is not impossible. Please do not help the government spread the FUD that got them banned in the first place.

<< 1   >>

join