It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Slips/Shifts in the United Kingdom (London preferably)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Okay so, believe it or not as much as I'm into the Paranormal, Supernatural, Time Travel etc etc... This has been the first time I've really entertained the notion of time slips/shifts and seriously thought about putting some elbow grease into the investigation of them.

I was recently watching the "Ghost Hunters" Halloween special where they were investigating the Buffalo Central Terminal in Buffalo, NY. And one of the stories there is believed to be a man witnessed not only two office workers appearing out of nowhere standing in a corridor but appearing beside of all things, a water cooler!

Now this is where the idea first began to crop up on the show, of time shifts... I know there are plenty of threads here about them, which I'll check out soon enough but my real question or reason for posting here is to find out whether or not anyone has heard of, experienced or knows anyone who has experienced; a temporal time shift, or slip within London, England?

The reason I ask is because as I say I seriously would like to investigate this phenomenon and being in London I'd like to visit a few of the "known" places and see if I can experience and of course document, said experiences.
edit on 6-11-2010 by A55A551N because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by A55A551N

I've always been fascinated by the whole 'time shift' theory and although I don't buy into it myself I am willing to listen to any information regarding it. I made a thread a while ago (Time Shift - The Living Dead) which contained a great C2C show on the subject, unfortunately they aren't accessible any more but I'm sure you could find them if you tried hard enough.

I'm not in London and so I cannot help you in that regard but I wish you the best of luck in your investigations

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

There's a very famous one in Bold Street in Liverpool. Apparently, many people have reported experiencing time slips there on different occasions. I've heard of three or four places around the country prone to this type of occurrence but that's the only one I can think of off the top of my head. Sorry, but I don't know of any in the London area.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by skjalddis

Bold Street Time Slips

I have walked up and down Bold Street hundreds of times in the last 3 years but can't say I have ever noticed anything odd. My ex flatmate did once state that her grandparents commented how wonderful St Luke's church looked with all it's lights on only to be shocked when they were told it was derelict. Maybe that was something?

Although there are sometimes events going on in and around the church that could possibly account for that sighting.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

I've heard and read a number of accounts of timeslips in Bold Street and from what I remember of the reports, I don't beleive that those people were misapprehending anything. One that I can recall talked about people in clothes and cars from the 1950s IIRC.

Here we go, I found an article with some accounts of time slip experiences in Bold Street..
www.parascience.org.uk...

peace
J

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I too have heard a few instances of time slips in Liverpool.

Bold street especially.

www.qsl.net...

Frank, an off-duty policeman from Melling, and his wife Carol, were in Liverpool one Saturday afternoon shopping. At Central Station, the couple split up. Carol went to Dillons Bookshop in Bold Street to purchase a copy of Irvine Welsh's book, Trainspotting, and Frank went to a record store in Ranelagh Street to look for a CD. About twenty minutes later he walked up the incline near the Lyceum which leads out to Bold Street, intending to meet up with his wife in the bookshop, when he suddenly noticed he had somehow entered an oasis of quietness. Suddenly, a small boxvan that looked like something out the 1950s sped across his path, beeping as it narrowly missed him. Frank noted that the van had the name 'Caplan's' emblazoned on its side. When the policeman looked down, he noticed that he was standing in the road, and immediate thought that was strange, because the last time he had seen the bottom of Bold Street, it had been pedestrianized. Frank crossed the road and saw that Dillons Bookshop was no longer there. In its place stood a store with the name 'Cripps' over its two entrances. The policeman was understandably confused. He looked in the window of Cripps and saw no books on display, but womens' handbags and shoes. The policeman turned around and saw that the people were wearing clothes that would have been worn in the Forties and Fifties, and this really unnerved him. He realised that he had somehow walked into the Bold Street of forty-odd years ago. Suddenly, Frank sighted a girl of about twenty, dressed in the clothes of a mid-1990s girl; hipsters and a lime-coloured sleeveless top. The bag she carried had the name Miss Selfridges on it, which really reassured the policeman that he was still somehow partly in 1996. It was a paradox, but the policeman was slightly relieved, and he smiled at the girl as she walked past him and entered Cripps. As he followed her, the whole interior of the building changed in a flash to the interior of Dillons Bookshop. The policeman was back in his own time. He grabbed the girl by the arm at the entrance of the bookshop and asked her: "Did you see that then?" and the girl calmly said, "Yeah. I thought it was a new shop that had opened. I was going in to look at the clothes, and it's a bookshop."

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Read, "The Midnighters" (3 books) by Scott Westerfeld.

It's fiction but I found the whole time warp thing interesting.

I wonder if these two people that suddenly popped up at the watercooler were born at midnight?

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by skjalddis

Originally posted by skjalddis
Here we go, I found an article with some accounts of time slip experiences in Bold Street..

I take it you didn't click on the link I provided?

Well, I would have to personally check the reliability of such accounts before coming to any conclusions, mainly because from my experience of the type of people that can be commonly found on Bold Street it wouldn't surprise me if some of them had 'visions' of strange things. I once had a delightful conversation with an individual on Bold Street who swore that he was Elvis reincarnated. He certainly had the side burns

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

What about an off-duty policeman?

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Originally posted by mr-lizard

What about an off-duty policeman?

Is this the feed line for a joke? Okay, I'll play along, what about an off-duty policeman?

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Thanks to all for your replies.

@skjalddis - The Bold St stories are the only ones I've really read so far and they were the first I came across after watching the Ghost Hunters episode actually. Thanks for those though.

I'll keep on lookin

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Read the link?

www.oocities.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

I know, I know. I was merely having a bit of a lark is all

Yer, it's a great story, but at the moment that's all it is. Obviously a more reliable source than most though. I think the quote from Einstein at the end of that link sums it up perfectly; "What does a fish know about the water in which he swims all his life?"

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Hi there, I am based in London and keen to investigate time-slip phenomena also. Drop me an email - be good to have a chat. Ben - [email protected]

top topics

join