It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Actress Jill Clayburgh Dead at Age 66

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
November 06, 2010

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/38404904647d.jpg[/atsimg]

Two-time Oscar nominee Jill Clayburgh died Friday at her home in Connecticut of complications from chronic leukemia, the New York Times reports. The 66-year-old struggled with the disease for more than two decades.

Her husband, playwright David Rabe, said she faced her illness with courage, turning it into "an opportunity for her children to grow and be human." She is reportedly survived by three children.

Clayburgh portrayed family matriarch Letitia Darling on the ABC series 'Dirty Sexy Money,' (co-starring Lucy Liu and Peter Krause), which ran for two seasons and ended last year.

Clayburgh, alongside such peers as Anne Bancroft, Shirley MacLaine and Jane Fonda, helped to usher in a new era for actresses in Hollywood by playing women who were confident and capable yet not completely flawless. Her dramatic turn as a divorcee exploring her sexuality after 16 years of marriage in "An Unmarried Woman" earned Clayburgh her first Oscar nod.

www.popeater.com...

Jill Clayburgh was one of my favorite actresses, her oscar winning movie 'An 'Unmarried Woman' is still one my favorites of all time and since I own it still watch it once in awhile. She was too young to die, only 66 but fought
chronic leukemia for two decades.

Rest in Peace
edit on 6-11-2010 by Aquarius1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
She's not dead.. she's somewhere else. Where is the conspiracy in a soul passing on from one realm to the next?

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemonkeydishwasher
She's not dead.. she's somewhere else. Where is the conspiracy in a soul passing on from one realm to the next?

I agree with you, it is only her container that is dead, for the time being she is a beautiful soul waiting to do it all over again.

join