It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suicide And The Aftermath.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   

....It's true.

Don't let god crap in your path bros.

edit on 6-11-2010 by Exuberant1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

Instead of suicide, why not do some daring stuff? Like for example go spend every penny you have on a motorbike and do some stunts?

If you die in the process, at least you will have a name after you are gone. If you simply commit suicide, culturally people will simply feel sorry for you, is that what you want? Do you want people to feel sorry for you>?
I lived in Pakistani refugee camp, eating a piece of bread and a small piece of butter as a day's meal, and I appreciated what I got, and I was happy for what I got. What kept me alive was hope, so hope.

If you don't have any hope left, take my advice, instead of letting people think you lived a useless life, do something daring, so that people would remember you.

How about this idea, jump from a plane. Even if you are in a wheel chair, you can still jump from a plane, with a parachute.

Ahh, in the end, you can die living a risky life, which is much better than suicide, at least you'll have fun in the process.

Good luck in your fourth attempt
Hope this time it is something more than silting wrist, or trying to hang, I hope this time it is for a cause.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I usually never agree with *the ooz* but he's got a point.

Join the service or something and get shot atleast you won't be yanking yourself off.
edit on 6-11-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

I dont have a useless life, I never said that.. just some things are screwed up in my life.. sometimes death is a viable option, I dont care what people think of me, if they think I am a loser if i suicide its on them, as for making a name for myself..

I am in a video with over a million people watched, I dont have to worry about making a name, and alot of people around here know me so, I dont care... besides a name is just that a name.. nothing more nothing less....

I am done posting in this thread it has become a quagmire and I will not answer anymore questions about anything related to my life...

The point of this thread was to see things through the eyes of a suicide so you people who think you are to good for everything can see that a suicide has or does think about alot of things before they suicide..

It is not a whim bs thing they think up at the last second or something like that.. But like everything on the internet, take it for what it is.. Most of you have your minds made up about what a suicide is.. No point in really going on with this..

But a few of you made my point clear, thanks alot.. Others honestly care, I mean this when I say it.. Good for you, not alot of people in this life are like you..

And yes I never said my life was the most suck life on the planet, I know there is way way way worse than what i am dealing with...

Anyway in the end it only comes down to my statement here..

Dont trashtalk a suicide figure out why they did it and try to understand what and why they did it for.. then try and get an understanding what they were going through...

To all those good people who showed up in this thread, dont change who you are, not alot of people like you around these days..

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   

edit on 6-11-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I am not religious, nor am I positive about my exisitence here either. I have been in your shoes and just seconds away from death myself a few times. The birth of my son changed so much. If I leave this world by my own hand...Who will be there to teach my son to stay strong? Who will tell him how to be a man in this world? Even if I am not sure what that is myself. Who will be there for him when a woman will rip out his heart and walk all over it. I must be here to protect him. Suicide is sacrifice of ones self...right? I understood that the ultimate sacrifice is staying in this hell we call earth. So beautiful but such a terrible existence. I dream of the days that man was able to live free at one point so long ago, where a man could think and create effortlessly without slavery. I dream of being able to find another world, without the judgement, the hate, the jealousy, the murder, the betrayal, the utter dissapointment. And yet...as much as I dispise these things in this reality of mine, I understand that these feelings are within myself as well. I guess thats the first step. To acknowledge and to be aware of ones self, as frightening as that my seem...But with that acknowledgement comes awareness of the beauty that is all around us as well. That moment in the day when you are in "that" moment, without thought, without judgement, without hate or fear and you can just take in the sunlight and feel the warmth on your face, or the smiles of your children, or the fondness of another. We are all students here, we are all learning and teaching eachother through eachother. Without trials and tribulations, we as a spirit would not evolve. I believe the most powerful energy in this universe of ours is thought. Thought can create, or destroy. We have created amazing things in this world as well as create the most vile things here. If I could remember a alternate life, I may of finished what I attempted years ago. But I can't, I only know of this one. And theres too much that I havent accomplished yet. Like traveling and exploring. Looking for the meaning of this life outside of the effing chunk of rock I live on. The human species is the only species on this planet that destroys its own environment. So is life worth living??? I held my Grandfathers hand as he was dying of lung cancer. My family somehow managed to all be there, and I must say it was the most beautiful experience I have ever had watching him take his last breath as he was squeezing my hand. As a family we gave him love till the end and he gave us his. He lived and loved until his body could no longer support him any longer. He was a WW2 vet, he has killed, drank his life away, abused his family but as misreable as he once was, the light came out of him in those last ten years of his life. So no matter what hell you are living, know that we are all connected to eachother in some shape or form. Dwell on what you want, not what you dont want.

P.S. I KNOW NOTHING
edit on 6-11-2010 by Moose318 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Well I haven't read the whole thread, if you have posted which part of your life is screwed up, that would help me understand better.

If you don't mind me asking one more question:

Do you have any desires?

To make my question clearer I would give you my imaginary desire, I want to bang Jenifer Lopez

Anything?

What about an alternative life, for example the perfection of virtual reality, where you can live as a whole new character, with new skills and abilities, and a whole different universe.

Any desire??

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
It's actually healthy that they don't understand suicide. To understand is to know, would you really want to "know" suicide?. Might seem lazy that they just say it's "selfish" or whatever, but what is the alternative? It's protective to themselves when they can say or believe in rather stupid things.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by LAinhabitant
Since you claim to be so unselfish and successful in life and worth over a million, when are you going show some humanity and offer some assistance to this person who sounds pretty down on their luck? Or does being unselfish only apply to your family?

Well now that you have asked, I have given many people opportunities. I have help spawn careers where some people might other wise not have had any direction. I have helped feed people who have been fed a crap sandwich by life. I didn't ask for anything in return.
So even though you appear so quick to judge, I have helped people even when the only thing I got in return was contempt. The very first person I started helping was myself. Not expecting handouts and not expecting people to do for me.

In the case of the OP, he's clearly stated that many have tried to help him to no avail. That professionals have been unable to get past his thickheaded ness. It is not my responsibility to save the world, nor is it my responsibility to help those who refuse the help of others. My point wasn't to gloat, but to show that even if you have nothing, even if you are alone, you can not only improve your life but you can improve others lives as well.
Of course to do that a person would have to get off their butt and stop feeling sorry themselves.

Many in this thread have offered an ear, advice and their time. Many here been given excuses why it wont help. The best suggestions so far have been that he should break his routine and get medicated if there is no way he can get past his depression. This has nothing to do with humanity, it has everything to do with manipulative people. I won't be manipulated by some attention junkie, no matter how that makes you and others feel.
One quote from the movie "The Edge" , that bears a lot to this conversation is:
"What one man can do another can do". Repeat that a few times forcefully.

..Ex

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
People who blame have no understanding or compassion. Some people don't have enough of the chemicals in their brain that make them feel good. Life isn't worth living in that state. But there is help and life doesn't have to be miserable. Life can be wonderful, too, although when you're depressed it doesn't seem like that's possible.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   

my friend, i vigorously don't recommend to you to commit suicide
you completely have not had Idea about existence in the Another Side: your knowledge, what Torture & Fear are in Essence, is too primitive
yea, you got problems; yea, it kinda sucks, but problems, in this part of the World, have been given to improve own Entity & to really prepare ourself to Infinity

Stay safe & don't leave Mind away

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
There's also this film from Japan, about the Suicide Forest. Please watch, it is very enlightening. www.vbs.tv... One of the statements in it is very important: the man who works there says he thinks it is impossible to have a "heroic death" if you commit suicide. Even though I have compassion and understanding for people who are so unhappy that they want to die, I think this is true. I don't think anyone would like to have a death like this. Take care.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
20 years ago I had been married for 8 years. I was 32, my husband was 35, and we had 3 children, two girls aged 7 and 4 years, and a 20 month old baby son.
We were having problems with our relationship because he was a binge drinker and was violent when drunk.

A long story short, 20 years ago and late on a Saturday night he went out drinking and I knew he would be late home, and as he left i let him know in no uncertain terms that I was not at all happy about his drinking. I told him I would leave him and that this time I meant it. He still went.

Many hours later the police came to my house and broke the news that my husband had been found dead, and that he had committed suicide by running a hose-pipe from the exhaust of his car to the window.

To say I was devastated is a total understatement.

Telling my children that their daddy had died and was never going to be coming back, well, there really are no words to describe the absolute pain and heartbreak of it. My 4 year old daughter clung to me and amidst the most heart-rending sobs, begged me to "get a doctor please mummy to stick a needle in my daddy to make him be alive again". It was the absolute worst time of my life and it is pain I will remember always like it was yesterday.

Your question is why do people blame the one who has committed suicide?

Because the suicide is the cause of their pain of losing you, they miss you, and it hurts so bad for them.

The things that went through my head at the time were along the lines of 'he's to blame for mine and especially my childrens' obvious and indescribable heartbreak' and 'His suicide caused it.' and 'How could he do this to us?'

And of course what he did changed my kids' lives forever.
Whose fault is it that they had to grow up without their dad and never got the chance to know him - his.
My thoughts were that he knew it was a one way ticket never to come back, and he chose to abandon us.

I blamed myself too, I shouldn't have said I would walk out, he wouldn't have killed himself, and my kids would still have their daddy. I felt like I'd done this to them.

Everything changed in my mine and my kids' lives because of what he did, and not for the better. I had to give up my job to bring them up alone, our standard of living was drastically undermined. We somehow had to carry on without him. Life has been a struggle.

If it were possible I would force suicidals to experience just one hour of the pain of those left behind, just one hour, and I know you wouldn't want to inflict that on anyone, let alone on those you love and who love you.

Can I ask the OP a question?
When you've felt at your lowest and attempted/considered suicide, do thoughts of your family cross your mind at all?
I ask this because when I have had low points in my life and thought to myself, if I ended it my problems will be over and no more worrying and what a complete relief it would be, then thoughts of not seeing and being with my family again is more painful than the thought of having to struggle through life. I couldn't bear to put them through that devastation again. Cos i know what that feels like.

I don't think suicidal folk consider the people around them and what they will go through afterwards, they are too full of their own misery and unable to see past it.

Suicides always think no-one cares and no-one loves them and no-one will notice if they're dead, but you are soooo wrong.

Your suicide will affect your family's lives FOREVER, because they love you whether you believe it or not.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by doobydoll

If it were possible I would force suicidals to experience just one hour of the pain of those left behind, just one hour, and I know you wouldn't want to inflict that on anyone, let alone on those you love and who love you.

Dont worry we expierance this in the after life with a life review.. So dont fret if the guy isnt replaying his suicide over and over he already got what you and everyone else felt at the time you was dead. Souls hang around a few days after death to see things through..(however I am not sure on suicides, there is alot of if with them..

Can I ask the OP a question?
When you've felt at your lowest and attempted/considered suicide, do thoughts of your family cross your mind at all?
I ask this because when I have had low points in my life and thought to myself, if I ended it my problems will be over and no more worrying and what a complete relief it would be, then thoughts of not seeing and being with my family again is more painful than the thought of having to struggle through life. I couldn't bear to put them through that devastation again. Cos i know what that feels like.

I don't think suicidal folk consider the people around them and what they will go through afterwards, they are too full of their own misery and unable to see past it.

Suicides always think no-one cares and no-one loves them and no-one will notice if they're dead, but you are soooo wrong.

Your suicide will affect your family's lives FOREVER, because they love you whether you believe it or not.

I dont have to worry much about family my family is screwed up and we dont talk to one another.. we havent seen each other or have been in the same room for over 13 yrs... so I dont think family is an issue.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
If you stumbled upon a person contemplating suicide, would you help them?

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by doobydoll

and that he had committed suicide by running a hose-pipe from the exhaust of his car to the window.

that's very enjoyable death
he signed himself to bad aftermath... switch your Mind away from that story -- you have no causes to blame yourself.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moose318
If you stumbled upon a person contemplating suicide, would you help them?

Who me?

I would tell them do what they think is right.. But they must feel the situation should require much thought...

But I am sure they already know this..

I wouldnt tell them not to do it or do it... I would let them make thier own mind up on doing it or not..

Most of the people who cry suicide chances are they are attn whores and dont really wanna die..(GO ahead say I am one of these people) the people you have to worry about are the ones who do not say anything or make snide remarks about death... This fits me well... I do it all the time..

Cause for every lie there is a bit of truth to it and just smacktalking a situation does not mean its real..

Answer your question?

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by byteshertz

Yes I read his post...I've thought about suicide and talked about it extensively with friends, it's what he said. The pussy way out. There are millions of people with 1000x worse problems then somebody on ATS.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I think a lot of beliefs about suicide are religious in nature. They may not be official doctrine, I don't mean that, but I think that on a PERSONAL level that the beliefs are religious in nature.

I come from what I'd call a murder family. I don't even want to sit here and count the number of people in my mother's family that either committed suicide, or murdered someone.

Now, when my cousin killed himself, his brother sat down beside me and cussed him! "I hope the little bas- burns in He- for what he did. I'd kill everyone in the GD world before I'd kill myself." That cousin later did kill 2 people. He's in prison for life.

I don't have any problem with it, but my cousin was rather stupid to kill himself. It was just a girl that cheated on him in a public way. That was a bad reflection on her, not him. He was so young, and he couldn't handle the humilation and the heartache. Time and another girl (or 4,lol) would have healed him.

I typically have the attitude of the ancient Romans. Suicide seems acceptable if one's fate is too dishonorable or too painful to bare. Not sure I want to fall on a sword, but I'd take a suicide pill if it came to torture or something like alzheimers.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   

What has stopped you since march? Something must have or we wouldn't be reading your thread now.

What stopped you before you weren't allowed to commit suicide?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join