It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suicide And The Aftermath.

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Okay, I'm still on my first cup of coffee, but let's see if this makes any sense this morning.

I read this somewhere, have no links. But some of you, perhaps the OP will know what I'm saying.

If time is different in other realms....there is no time. Think about that.

So you have problems here you find almost intolerable and want to escape, thinking suicide might act as something like a "reset" button. So you end your incarnation here. With all your mistakes, your depression, your faulty thinking, your poor decisions, whatever, all the things that led you to the point of wanting to push that reset button.

...and you do it. You then open your eyes into another realm. And it is a reset button. However, you have the same inner turmoil you did when you were in 3-D. Only now, since there is no time, rather than taking a decade or so to work through these difficulties, or even 70 or 80 years, it can take.....how long?...........thousands of years?

Some people believe we come here, in the flesh, specifically to correct those difficulties, because it can be done much quicker in this realm.

So, to throw the in-the-flesh opportunity to correct problems in this presto-speedy realm, so to speak, might be a big mistake, when one considers eternity.

Any thoughts on this? Stubborn One?

eta: Ever see that movie "What Dreams May Come" with Robin Williams? Some spiritualists believe it's actually kind of like that. Seriously. But it's a good movie whether you believe it or not. A woman commits suicide. It shows her in the afterlife. Very interesting.
edit on 11/8/2010 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

I really didn't want to sound like an a-hole,but the way I was raised is that you pull yourself up by your boot-straps,and find away to work through your problem,I guess I'm still angry that my little brother thought suicide was the way out.I tried everything I could to bring him around and nothing seemed to work. Do I blame myself?yea ,sometimes I do,but ultimately it wasn't in my hands but there is always a small part of you that believes you could have done more. There are issues in my life I know if I think about them too much it feels as though its eating me from the inside out its like having a little box inside you that is splitting open.I never think of suicide as a option,for my children it would be leaving them with the same legacy my brother and other family members left me,..it is never the answer.....................the buck stops here.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by LAinhabitant
reply to post by TWILITE22

You and many here speak of the pain of those "left behind" as if the pain of the person who committed suicide is not valid.

Perhaps the pain of someone they loved who sexually, or physically or emotionally abused them was too much.
Perhaps the pain of being rejected or feeling totally unloved is too much.
Perhaps the pain of not being able to provide for themselves or their families is too much.
Perhaps the pain of being different and not popular or beautiful or smart or successful is too much.

What about their pain? Does it not matter?
edit on 7-11-2010 by LAinhabitant because: (no reason given)
I would raise my hand to you....I would love you(as a brother)I will not reject you....I will help you with your pain..................I would tell you that you are beautiful/handsome.............I would give to you...................i would help you heal.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

It may be true. Well, most of it anyway.
Do you really believe, that drugs can cure sickness of life? I mean, it really sickens me what is happening with the world around me. The sh*thole of a country I live in. I know that many people say this, but trust me on this. It just makes me sick of life.
I went through a suicide attempt. Should've been dead more than once, but I woke up. Now my friend is telling me, it was not the time to go. My back is broken, I'm 26 and there's really no guess if I'm ever going to do any physical job ever again.

P.S. This isn't aimed at You directly, it's just something about Your post.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I've read a lot of threads like this. Death is not an acceptable way out. You're not loved, you're not wanted, you're may even be abused by your parents and so on and so on, I get it, your life isn't the greatest.

I work with people who are mentally ill or mentally challenged. A LOT of them have had TERRIBLE lives. For instance being molested by a father, mother, and sibling for over a decade! Thats just one that case that I hate/love because this person went through that for so long yet he is the happiest person you'll ever meet. He has a presence about him, a glow you might say that just lights up the room. Always smiling, rarely complains. He doesn't drink or do drugs he just lives his life.

Suicide is for the weak. It is for the selfish. Believe it or not taking your own life will affect someone in a negative way. You are not just hurting yourself. Thats what a lot of people don't understand. "nobody loves me, they'll never notice when i'm gone" and as soon as they're gone many people are saddened by the loss.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
You are passing judgment on persons you know absolutely nothing about. Please stop.
You are coming across as judgmental, punitive, arrogant and angry.
Your personal insights are not pertinent in this situation; they may apply to you, but not to others.
Situations described here are very complicated, not cut and dried, not superficial.

You are blaming the victims. Please stop.

I do not need to know how something works in order to comment on its flaws. (which we all have)
Personal insight has nothing to do with this. The issue I take with your thinking is that
you feel advice isn't worthy of repeating simply because you read it from me, and discredit it
because my name is attached to the advice...This is unwise.

Conversely I am illustrating and conveying that people who blame other people
for their problems and issues will never find real closure. Band aids aren't permanent.
Real closure is. The goal is to come to the realisation the past is gone, and cannot be changed.
You can however gain NEW perspective.

I don't B-lame anyone.
I am telling people to take responsibility for their actions that contributed to the pain.
The fact I can look back at event in my life and pinpoint with exact accuracy what
I did wrong, and through this method of accountability I found resolute redemption.

Everyone who has sat down with me got their problem(s) solved.

Your perception of me doesn't change the facts nor the particulars of the circular
construct of a failed belief system that relies on *feelings* -which in itself is a flaw.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I have been living in severe chronic pain for about four years now. My back is mainly effected, which seems to be part of an arthritic disease that is hard to diagnose. I was severely depressed at one point, when every day was a constant struggle of agony as I had to do everything that everyone else was doing being a college student. The doctors weren't giving me any good painkillers either for a period of time since the proof of pain didnt show up in tests for like 2-3 years. I was in complete agony, with no where to turn. So I naturally turned to alcohol as a pain reliever/ antidepressant. Every single day for months I used to get home from school, get drunk, lay on the floor to relieve the pain, and contemplate suicide. It was to the point where it was becoming the only thing I would think about. I never tried it because I realized it was selfish, and that I would cause so much suffering to those who love me..... Since then, things have gotten a bit better, I have medicine that helps me more, and I have learned to live with my condition better, although you can never really get used to living in pain all the time fully. The biggest thing that has helped me was my understanding of thoughts and existence.. read on..

Depression is totally real. Society ignores anything that has to deal with thoughts, emotions, and mental health. The schools don't teach you how to be happy and healthy, they teach you to become the next middle class working slave. NO ONE in mainstream society helps out with understanding the mind and thoughts. After some searching, I discovered that thoughts were in fact on a much more REAL level than our society admits. In fact, our thoughts ARE are reality, since 99.9 percent of everything is empty space. Check out the book -- The Holographic Universe, and research quantum physics. You start to understand that science is showing us that the physical world is an illusion on one level. The physical world can be used as a tool to condition your mind to think in certain corrupt patterns. We are all born feeling content and at ease. We sleep, and we have no worries of the future. It is our CONDITIONING that makes us worry and stress out. The way society is structured, and the way the keep this important information from us is a huge reason why we feel depressed. So to sum it up, I took back control of my own mind. This is possible for any of you out there who are suicidal or depressed. Realize that all you think you know is bull# from previous conditioning in this illusory world. No matter how much you think you "know". It is important to draw your attention to the NOW. The past is history, and the future is nothing but unreliable guesses, most of which, never come true. The power to feel content, safe, happy, and loved is our birthright. When you learn to control your thoughts, you control your reality. You cannot expect the physical world to cure your depression and suicidal thoughts. You must look within. For more information check out the following books-- The Science of Mind, The Holographic Universe, many books by Deepak Chopra, and also metaphysics and quantum physics information in general. Good luck to you in solving your problems. Email me if you need any advice.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   

All 1 can say is life is hard on many. Please remember when the Lamb was here he was tortured and then crucifixed for being on the positive side. When you possess much light internal and become strong the Darkness will approach you as an enemy out of fear of your light potentials. This darkness knows it cannot destroy your light but can surround it with darkness in order to prevent you from feeling your light potentials as well as allowing it to be captured. DO NOT GIVE IN

Also remember friends and friends of some who may be considering this ill sad way to escape that IF YOU COMMIT SUICIDE YOU MAY BE THROWN INTO A REALM MUCH MORE HORRIFIC THEN WHAT YOU COULDNT DEAL WITH DURING LIFE PHASE ONLY IN THAT REALM YOU ARE TRAPPED FOR GOOD. Peace to All Men AMEN

edit on 11/8/10 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Okay, I'm still on my first cup of coffee, but let's see if this makes any sense this morning.

I read this somewhere, have no links. But some of you, perhaps the OP will know what I'm saying.

If time is different in other realms....there is no time. Think about that.

Ya dont worry about links.. if someone really needs them i can dig up what i have..

Time in death.. well time is different. yes.. Its the same place we go when we dream, the astral.. have you woke up looked at a clock went back to sleep dream only have it feel like 2 hrs and you wake up again and it only be like 10 minutes?

So you have problems here you find almost intolerable and want to escape, thinking suicide might act as something like a "reset" button. So you end your incarnation here. With all your mistakes, your depression, your faulty thinking, your poor decisions, whatever, all the things that led you to the point of wanting to push that reset button.

...and you do it. You then open your eyes into another realm. And it is a reset button. However, you have the same inner turmoil you did when you were in 3-D. Only now, since there is no time, rather than taking a decade or so to work through these difficulties, or even 70 or 80 years, it can take.....how long?...........thousands of years?

This is wrong... From what i understand is that when you die you get put in a special place and they cleanse your soul from all the bad things that happened to you in your life.. say like someone like Terri Shivo, she was screwed up and she decided to suicide, we know she was screwed up and she would be after she died, when she reaches after death where she supposed to she will go into this area where spirits help clean her soul of bad things that she went through here..

Some people believe we come here, in the flesh, specifically to correct those difficulties, because it can be done much quicker in this realm.

So, to throw the in-the-flesh opportunity to correct problems in this presto-speedy realm, so to speak, might be a big mistake, when one considers eternity.

Now we are specifically told to come here to learn a lesson.. That is why we are all here.. some of us do know know why we are here, some of us do.. I hear buddhist specifically reincarnate back to where they were for the specific reason to help people around where they were. Actually to the point china banned reincarnation into china unless given permission by the government.

Any thoughts on this? Stubborn One?

You talking about me?

eta: Ever see that movie "What Dreams May Come" with Robin Williams? Some spiritualists believe it's actually kind of like that. Seriously. But it's a good movie whether you believe it or not. A woman commits suicide. It shows her in the afterlife. Very interesting.

Yes what dreams may come is a good movie for people who want to know what happens after death, i was told to watch it by someone.. I decided to watch it.. me and someone i watched it with was surprised to know I knew about the movie before i even knew what it was about.. I know what every scene was about and where they were.. This is actually a good movie to see regarding death..

The suicide scene, this is the crap i am afraid of, I did learn that some suicides will repeat their actions over and over and over and over again until a soul comes to help them..
I have also read of astral projectors helping people who have committed suicide and were replaying the scene over and over again.. I hear about this for a long time.. There is one particular story that stuck with me because i tried it..
This guy decided to end his life because he lost his job or something.. The AP'er's job at this point was the help this soul continue on.. the guy would pay over and over again from the point he lost his job to the point of his death, supposedly this was about 3 hrs.. or something.. he went through the act of getting the call, slitting his wrists, then finally dying, over again.. Like in what dreams may come the AP'er had to break the persons block and enter as if they were part of the problem. so they could help this soul move on..

I dont know if this helps you but this is 1 strong reason I will not suicide because i have a good chance of getting stuck like this...

Marian if you seen the movie, do you remember the part where he goes to see his daughter who was the flight attendant? You remember the world she was in.. he asked what are those, she said they are spirits that go and help lost souls.. These lost souls are people who have suicided, and people who do not know they are dead...
edit on 11/8/2010 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Chinesis

I do not need to know how something works in order to comment on its flaws. (which we all have)

Aha. Interesting. I would think in that case you often have dubious conclusions. No person has black/white issues. Human relations can be extremely complex. The more information you have about a given situation, the more insightful pertinent feedback you are able to give back.

Personal insight has nothing to do with this. The issue I take with your thinking is that
you feel advice isn't worthy of repeating simply because you read it from me, and discredit it
because my name is attached to the advice...This is unwise.

I'm confused about why you attach something personal to this. Your name attached to it? To be honest, I've never seen you before this thread. I know nothing about you, or "your name". I commented only on the content of what I've seen written here.

People can be in fragile states, emotionally. Sometimes it is prudent to use caution in what you say to them.

Perhaps the way you have handled yourself in times of difficulty (being tough with yourself) has worked for you. There are times when I am tough with myself, also. But that's me. That's you. Not everyone responds positively to this.
I'm sure there are others it works with as well, and the "toughness" has it's place. But only being able to read something, and not having a visual on a person to see how they are really doing, requires approaching with caution, particularly when there is so little information available, and so many unknowns. Particularly when we have no real way of knowing how fragile someone might be at the moment.

That was my point. No personal attack intended. Sorry.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by nowanmai

No, I don't believe drugs can cure the sickness of life. I'm not sure I believe life is sick.
I think we are all met with obstacles, and sometimes they can come at once, and sometimes it's too much, and we feel like we can't face our problems. Sometimes it not just a feeling. There might be times when we actually can't face what's going on.

At times it is more than that. It has a biological base. The brain is not doing what the brain is supposed to do -- or it's not doing what everybody else's does.

I don't see psychopharmacology as anything but a temporary measure to help someone through a difficult period.
Sometimes, as you have seen on this thread, conditions are chronic, or long lasting. In that event a person might need something regularly to maintain a good functioning level, or correct organic deficiencies, when possible.

I don't see a problem with it. It's like any other illness. If you get an acute infection, you take an antibiotic. If you have something chronic, like high blood pressure, or diabetes, you take medication to maintain your health, on a long term basis. That's the way I think of it.

And typically these drugs are administered by a physician with informed consent.

I'm sorry you are so young to have broken your back.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Well then. You make a good case for NOT committing suicide. Too many uncertainties.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Aah I found something good I could contribute to here. Ive always been in love with a poet by the name of Rainier Maria Rilke. He wrote several letters to a young boy in his life helping him with his issues. Letter 8 would be my favorite. He describes his thoughts on being alone and lifes difficulty. It really changed my view on things and I highly suggest reading it, so ill post it here.

www.sfgoth.com...

And yet how much more human is the dangerous insecurity that drives those prisoners in Poe's stories to feel out the shapes of their horrible dungeons and not be strangers to the unspeakable terror of their cells. We, however, are not prisoners. No traps or snares have been set around us, and there is nothing that should frighten or upset us. We have been put into life as into the element we most accord with, and we have, moreover, through thousands of years of adaptation, come to resemble this life so greatly that when we hold still, through a fortunate mimicry we can hardly be differentiated from everything around us. We have no reason to harbor any mistrust against our world, for it is not against us. If it has terrors, they are our terrors; if it has abysses, these abysses belong to us; if there are dangers, we must try to love them

So you mustn't be frightened, dear Mr. Kappus, if a sadness rises in front of you, larger than any you have ever seen; if an anxiety, like light and cloud-shadows, moves over your hands and over everything you do. You must realize that something is happening to you, that life has not forgotten you, that it holds you in its hand and will not let you fall. Why do you want to shut out of your life any uneasiness, any misery, any depression, since after all you don't know what work these conditions are doing inside you? Why do you want to persecute yourself with the question of where all this is coming from and where it is going? Since you know, after all, that you are in the midst of transitions and you wished for nothing so much as to change. If there is anything unhealthy in your reactions, just bear in mind that sickness is the means by which an organism frees itself from what is alien; so one must simply help it to be sick, to have its whole sickness and to break out with it, since that is the way it gets better. In you, dear Mr. Kappus, so much is happening now; you must be patient like someone who is sick, and confident like someone who is recovering; for perhaps you are both. And more: you are also the doctor, who has to watch over himself. But in every sickness there are many days when the doctor can do nothing but wait. And that is what you, insofar as you are your own doctor, must now do, more than anything else.

edit on 8-11-2010 by Jess_Undefined because: Added quote

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
To the O.P.

Like yourself I think about suicide a couple of times a day. Everyone's reasons for doing so are different
so there is no one answer. People who say they never think about it are liars or live in Ivory Towers.

Many people here have stated that if you are feeling this way for emotional/seasonal reasons; then please
try to get help. To give up on life due to something that could be helped by medication is way more
beneficial to yourself, family, and society. It is worth the time and effort.

For people like Blaine; who refer to all who think about or attempt suicide as cowards or quitters; it must be
great to live pain free. I have lived more than half my life in constant pain, and that does' not even count having
to deal with holier than thou fools such as yourself.

Live my life for a week and I guanantee you will be begging to switch back.
It is people like you you force people like me to have to do these things in private, without our families
understanding that sometimes the avenues left to us are not the ones we would wish for.

We would like to be with our loved ones at the end, but the shame that society puts on the idea of release
makes that impossible. We have to do this alone, sometime's even going to more enlightened countries
where religion is not involved and politics knows it's boundaries.

So you take your ignorance and until you have experienced more than a sprained ankle I suggest you sit
back and learn.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

When you possess much light internal and become strong the Darkness will approach you as an enemy out of fear of your light potentials. This darkness knows it cannot destroy your light but can surround it with darkness in order to prevent you from feeling your light potentials as well as allowing it to be captured. DO NOT GIVE IN

This is interesting. I once had a near-stranger approach me, and the person told me I might be at risk for this, due to the reasons you give. I really had never heard of such a thing, and didn't take it seriously. I was told to be watchful for bad entities, who might try to destroy "my light". Hm.

Now, I see the idea of this again. Who teaches this? What...discipline, I guess is the word. I've never been much for demons and the like.

By the way, I've never noticed anything unusual, or sinister around me. Well, except for that one time when I was going outside in my pj's to call my dog, and I heard the door slam behind me, hard, and I was locked out of the house. The lock shouldn't have even been on at the time. Do you think that could have been an entity?

It was the first thing that crossed my mind, because my door doesn't slam on it's own. It stays where you put it.
Anyway. I was locked out of the house, and wondered if I was the reason for the bad karma. Think?

Sorry for the OT. But that incident has always kinda bugged me.

Neither here nor there. But

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
The Cure

Couldnt find my previous post.

Basically people dont want to let go of their suffering enough to be
willing to go through a spiritual death. Although chronic depression
is a chemical disorder (could even be due aluminum or mercury poisoning) spiritual death will improve ones relation to
it. Vitamins,exercise,are helpful.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by WakeUpAndLive
I have been living in severe chronic pain for about four years now. My back is mainly effected, which seems to be part of an arthritic disease that is hard to diagnose. I was severely depressed at one point, when every day was a constant struggle of agony as I had to do everything that everyone else was doing being a college student. The doctors weren't giving me any good painkillers either for a period of time since the proof of pain didnt show up in tests for like 2-3 years. I was in complete agony, with no where to turn. So I naturally turned to alcohol as a pain reliever/ antidepressant. Every single day for months I used to get home from school, get drunk, lay on the floor to relieve the pain, and contemplate suicide. It was to the point where it was becoming the only thing I would think about. I never tried it because I realized it was selfish, and that I would cause so much suffering to those who love me..... Since then, things have gotten a bit better, I have medicine that helps me more, and I have learned to live with my condition better, although you can never really get used to living in pain all the time fully. The biggest thing that has helped me was my understanding of thoughts and existence.. read on..

Depression is totally real. Society ignores anything that has to deal with thoughts, emotions, and mental health. The schools don't teach you how to be happy and healthy, they teach you to become the next middle class working slave. NO ONE in mainstream society helps out with understanding the mind and thoughts. After some searching, I discovered that thoughts were in fact on a much more REAL level than our society admits. In fact, our thoughts ARE are reality, since 99.9 percent of everything is empty space. Check out the book -- The Holographic Universe, and research quantum physics. You start to understand that science is showing us that the physical world is an illusion on one level. The physical world can be used as a tool to condition your mind to think in certain corrupt patterns. We are all born feeling content and at ease. We sleep, and we have no worries of the future. It is our CONDITIONING that makes us worry and stress out. The way society is structured, and the way the keep this important information from us is a huge reason why we feel depressed. So to sum it up, I took back control of my own mind. This is possible for any of you out there who are suicidal or depressed. Realize that all you think you know is bull# from previous conditioning in this illusory world. No matter how much you think you "know". It is important to draw your attention to the NOW. The past is history, and the future is nothing but unreliable guesses, most of which, never come true. The power to feel content, safe, happy, and loved is our birthright. When you learn to control your thoughts, you control your reality. You cannot expect the physical world to cure your depression and suicidal thoughts. You must look within. For more information check out the following books-- The Science of Mind, The Holographic Universe, many books by Deepak Chopra, and also metaphysics and quantum physics information in general. Good luck to you in solving your problems. Email me if you need any advice.

Your story is almost like my wife. Sounds like you're way worse though.

My wife was born with with a defect that earned her about 17 surgeries from the age of about 4 till 16. Chronic pancreatitis. Sinus's were defective from the get go. There are days I know she would like to check out.

On those days, I love her more. Its not much but its all I got.

Yall are different from the cry babies that are "woe is me". You have actual real problems.

You also give me courage by the strength yall exhibit. My wife is the strongest person I know and I'm better for having met her 20+ years ago.

We just had our 15th aniversery last month. I'm a lucky man.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   

I think most people don't like the idea of suicide for two reasons. First no matter how bad it is or how bad you think you've got it, there are hundreds of thousands of people who have it way worse that wouldn't think of suicide (the don't be a sissy reason.) In fact, most suicides don't have a bad life at all but rather have bad chemistry that can easily be fixed with a prescription. Seems like a much more reasonable response eh?

2nd is the idea that even when things are very bad they often change for the better. Like when your favorite team is losing but comes back to win. The suffering made the victory more sweet. People don't want to see people miss that opportunity.

HTH

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by capgrup
Like yourself I think about suicide a couple of times a day. Everyone's reasons for doing so are different
so there is no one answer. People who say they never think about it are liars or live in Ivory Towers.

Even though this was to the OP I felt it prudent to reply.
*I* used to think about suicide daily, and if I was completely alone I'd imagine me dead.
When I was a child I used to throw myself on the floor and not move...so I could see people react to my *death*
Once I floated on top of a pool and no one came to check on me.
It occurred to me 2 things: (1) no none cares (2) there is something greater than ME in this life.

Originally posted by capgrupMany people here have stated that if you are feeling this way for emotional/seasonal reasons; then please
try to get help. To give up on life due to something that could be helped by medication is way more
beneficial to yourself, family, and society. It is worth the time and effort.

Very helpful advice, but I would omit the word *Try*
It has a way to enter the brain as an infiltrate..and paves the way for failure.

Originally posted by capgrupFor people like Blaine; who refer to all who think about or attempt suicide as cowards or quitters; it must be
great to live pain free. I have lived more than half my life in constant pain, and that does' not even count having
to deal with holier than thou fools such as yourself.

Ask yourself this:
-What is a quitter? -A quitter put simply gives up and Seizes to continue.
-What is a coward? -A coward: a person who lacks courage in facing danger, difficulty, opposition, pain, etc.; a timid or easily intimidated person.

I speak from a point of view of humility mixed in with some real world experience to back it up...
If a life is living, and the higher cognitive function chooses to STOP living, the body will seize to function.
Who chose to END life? The person who has it? -A quitter is he.

A person sits on the inside of a building and has but one window.
On the outside he sees other children his age playing...He chooses to sit there (for whatever reason)
If he didn't feel like playing, why not? (Children often love to play)
If he did, but didn't why not? Being called a coward isn't the nicest adjective, but does it hold meaning?
Maybe he didn't feel like it that day, did it have to do with a family issue?
Doesn't like social interaction? What if everyday this child fails to "play" with his peers?

When do we start addressing the problem?
Children LOVE to B-lame their parents...
My question to them: Did you sit down with them and tell them what you were feeling?
No?
Then WHY would you blame them for their inaction(s) as a parent? Exactly.

At some point the excuse of, "well, maybe Timmy has a hard time communicating his feelings..."
doesn't hold up to scrutiny any longer. Accountability must be taken of thyself.

See, your text, and other people's responses tell me these words DO hold meaning, which is why
these people take offense. This is another huge issue I see in people.

They take offense to petty words that may or may not have meaning.
Could YOU have done a better job rather than mislabel a group of people who agree with one another? (Yes)

Originally posted by capgrupLive my life for a week and I guanantee you will be begging to switch back.
It is people like you you force people like me to have to do these things in private, without our families
understanding that sometimes the avenues left to us are not the ones we would wish for.

Aw yes, suicidal one up-manship (It doesn't work) so my question to you:
What happened to you?
Why do you feel the way that you do?
Why are you the way that you are?

Originally posted by capgrupWe would like to be with our loved ones at the end, but the shame that society puts on the idea of release
makes that impossible. We have to do this alone, sometime's even going to more enlightened countries
where religion is not involved and politics knows it's boundaries.

So you take your ignorance and until you have experienced more than a sprained ankle I suggest you sit
back and learn.

Sit back and learn?
Could it be you know everything?

Society doesn't put ANYTHING on us, nor does it put shame on the idea of release.
If you're dead due to suicide guess what? You won't care because: You're Dead!
I can't say the same for your family that you ruined through this selfish act that only
served to benefit yourself...

If you truly want to end your life,
sit down with your entire family and tell them the truth.
You hate them, you are disowning them.
If you don't have the brevity nor courage to tell them in person you are going to kill yourself
Make a video, or record your voice and send it to all of them.

While it would still hurt them...they can have closure knowing
exactly how you felt and know it wasn't them, nor was there anything they could have done.

You shouldn't live your life if you feel you are doing it for other people's benefit
that you don't even appreciate to being with.

If you WANT to live and don't know how to go about it, PM me.
Seriously. I have won the battle and have decisively won the war.
I have pain in me that will seemingly never go away.

I've lost 80% of a will to live most people have in them but I press on.
I may not do it for the right reasons but the death I experienced and the
emotional trauma I incurred is of limitless proportion. I know the person
who died would not want me to kill myself, nor hurt myself and the people surrounding me.
edit on 8-11-2010 by Chinesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Aha. Interesting. I would think in that case you often have dubious conclusions. No person has black/white issues. Human relations can be extremely complex. The more information you have about a given situation, the more insightful pertinent feedback you are able to give back.

Indeed, however I am different than most people (I wouldn't say special) though.
I've been through less than people here and have been through the worst pain imaginable.
I don't need to experience the exact causality of the OP's condition to *know* how it feels.
If I hadn't experienced it I've thought about it (many times)

Originally posted by capgrupI'm confused about why you attach something personal to this. Your name attached to it? To be honest, I've never seen you before this thread. I know nothing about you, or "your name". I commented only on the content of what I've seen written here.

My post to you was speaking as a whole, that people usually dismiss advice given
because they know not what that person has gone through and instead of taking the time
to discover that they prematurely reach a conclusion: your conclusion.
It's your right to an opinion, and I could never fault anyone for their POV (Much less take it personal)

Originally posted by capgrupPeople can be in fragile states, emotionally. Sometimes it is prudent to use caution in what you say to them.

This is the issue I have: Emotional based feeling/thinking *CAN* be overcome with
better avenues to take...For instance: Positivity, focusing on the better things.
I understand about your cautioning advice, but what you have to understand (for make an attempt to)
is this: (really, please read this twice if you have to)

1-JohnDoe *said* he wants to die. Thinks about suicide often.
2-JohnDoe says he wants to be happy and says he *tries* to be.
3-JohnDoe does NOT consider other people's feelings on the subject. (true or untrue)

The next thing you say comes down to choice...
-He does consider them, but in the end his darkness/depression come out the victor. (A choice)
-He never did consider them, and now that he has...he has a new sense of responsibility to yield to. (A choice)

Can JohnDoe make better decisions? (Yes)
Does he? (No)

Admitting the problem is the first step.
Hearing the right advice is the next step.
Administering the advice and injecting them into your life (Immediately) will yield results.

Scenario:
You come over my house and really love Paranormal State (TV Show)
Would you know the channel number?
If you did/didn't is irrelevant. Why?
Your *want* (motivates) you to watch...
You will either ask the number, skim through the 500+ channels or google it.
You will relentlessly search until you find the show.

-Choice
-Determination
-An Open Mind

^^^All you need to kill depression/suicide.

Originally posted by capgrupPerhaps the way you have handled yourself in times of difficulty (being tough with yourself) has worked for you. There are times when I am tough with myself, also. But that's me. That's you. Not everyone responds positively to this.
I'm sure there are others it works with as well, and the "toughness" has it's place. But only being able to read something, and not having a visual on a person to see how they are really doing, requires approaching with caution, particularly when there is so little information available, and so many unknowns. Particularly when we have no real way of knowing how fragile someone might be at the moment.

That was my point. No personal attack intended. Sorry.

I didn't take it as a personal attack, no worries there

My advice is really some of the best I've encountered.
The problem is: some people don't want the solution.
Some people just want to hurt and suffer.

Everything comes down to choices and I KNOW
that people (most anyway) do not know how they work, and how choices
and decisions CAN be changed.

Being reactive is a fool's way of emotional expression.

edit on 8-11-2010 by Chinesis because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join