It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suicide And The Aftermath.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Depression according to They Might Be Giants.
I think the gist is........suicide doesn't really change anything. Best to straighten things out while here......

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by EddieBee

Is that a compliment? I'm gonna take it as a compliment

And since I'm back on here - once again - hang in there Thich!

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
There is a time and a reason for all things in creation...

Suicide, time and again, through incarnations may be a lesson in duality itself; perhaps, rebalancing for prior experiences/acts of survival or salvation...

It is the peak and troph between the human virtues of Fear and Courage we are observing...
Understanding is the need to be filled, and the lesson plan is ultimately of your own chosing...

You know you are nearing balance when these peaks and trophs occure within one lifetime...

Without a deep understanding of the dualities, we will not fare well, as we incarnate into immortal beings...

For it is then, when we must be supremely balanced, and ready for the effort involved with the true acts of creation which will follow...

You are but one of the offspring of a creator being...riding the waves on the event horizon of creation...
The end goal of your existance is to continue the acts of creation...

Pulsing, vibrating, ebbing and flowing...
Spiraling, circling, interacting and growing...
Wave riders all, no matter the knowing...

Tactile, audio, visuals we're seeing...
Tasting the waves and smells they are bringing...
Wave riders shooting the curls they are dreaming...

In concert, in time, in rythm and rhym...
To the peak and the troph with patterns sublime...
Wave riders we're surfing, morphing with time...

From nothing to all, both outside and in...
creating the endless spiral and spin...
riding the waves yet to be...yet again...

It's all about the variety, friend...

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded
reply to post by shuck

The action I took against my dad was not wrong, it was revenge for an action he took.. actually serval actions over the years in my younger life.. I just paid him back for the bs he caused us...

But that 1 action I did cause alot of problems in my life that i cant fix or take back... So what i am saying on what you said is if suicide was a reset... I would take the action back of beating my father...

Just so we're clear here.
Being vengeful is a trait that won't get you into heaven if that is your belief.
Even though your father was clearly in the wrong you had no right to do what you did.
This is why you paid the price for it.

The action in itself was wrong.
You say you have a 145 IQ yet your actions don't show someone thinking straight.

You need to make better decisions, swallow your enormous pride, curb the ego.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   

I have a few question about this subject..

Spiritual life is the conscious participation of the murder of the Ego Self (Narcissus).

So if you are tired of the ordinary life take up spiritual life.

All you need do is observe that you are creating the Illusion of the Self that you want to destroy.
The Answer is Here.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

There is absolutely no reason for anyone in this day and age to live their life stuck in a major depression.
Go to the doctor, and get some medication. If you've tried one and it didn't work, try another one. And another one until you find one that gives you some energy, and wakes you from this dark fog you are in. It will energize you, and change your thought processes by giving your brain a chemical that should have been there in the first place, and is likely missing.

And change your circumstances. Stop looking for a job, and get in school somewhere. One foot in front of the other, until you set some goals and accomplish them. Get up, shower, dress, and leave the house. Go pick up some applications for some classes somewhere. Do it Monday.

I could place a normal, happy, healthy person in your circumstances right now, doing your routine, and within two weeks they would be depressed. Guaranteed.

My point exactly. Tell your doctor what is going on and get them to change your medication. Sometimes what one is taking has lost it affect and does little to help. Finding the right combination of meds that will help takes time. I'm no doctor, just a suicide (twice) survivor.

I've had to move three times this year and have been out of work since the beginning of April. The only work that I can do in my area is either call center or security guard work. I've done both and hated them for the most part. Without a degree I can't even mop a gas station bathroom! I'm almost 50 years old and tired of all the BS too.

Looking through the help wanteds I came across a job title I've not familar with. I researched it a bit and discovered it would be the perfect job for me. I start class in January and am looking very much forward to this.

You see my point, don't you? Today's forcast may be for thunderstorms but you never know what the next day may bring you. Taking one's life is the way of the coward. Make the best of each day. You may not be the CEO of a big company or the President of the USA but you are YOU. Make the most of your surroundings.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chinesis

Being vengeful is a trait that won't get you into heaven if that is your belief.
Even though your father was clearly in the wrong you had no right to do what you did.

No dont tell me where i am wrong and where i wasnt when i decided to do that to him..
I waited to see what the system would do, they did nothing.. 17 yrs and 8 months of hell lead me to the dicision I did.. It was not something i wanted to do.. Karma was taking her sweet ass time about it and I had to fix her and him..

It was a better action than what my brother was going to do.. Believe me.

In your eyes, in mine it wasnt enough, he is still alive... if it was up to me I would have treated him like he treated me for all those yrs in a short time, if i killed him I would bring him back to life and start over again.. Dont tell me this action was wrong because it wasnt.. Justified if you ask me.

You say you have a 145 IQ yet your actions don't show someone thinking straight.

You do know that most people who have high IQ's are mentally screwed up? Einstein, Tesla, Edison, and so on.. Alot of people who are smart are screwed mentally not just me, this is the price we pay for knowing everything and nothing and something and anything at the same time.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by v3_exceed

Every person is their own individual. Just because one guy can lift 200 pounds doesn't mean the next can. Just because your life was a little rough and you were able to pull through doesn't mean the next guy can. Everyone's life circumstances differ, their backgrounds, abilities and opportunities. You are the one judging here that the OP should be able to do like you did. If everyone could do things equally as well then we'd all be able to do the same job. People have strengths and weaknesses and they all differ. Just be because we are all fruits doesn't make us all apples or oranges or all grapes.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by TWILITE22
reply to post by LAinhabitant

I don't mean to come down hard on you but,when people mention suicide I tend to get angry my question is, is it pain or self pity?Nobody has it all nor do we all have a perfect life my life was far from perfect,I bear the scars, the only difference is it drives me to be better,not to look for attention or pity.

Did you read through my thread? I layed out everything basically that is making me the way I am.. I do not have self pity.. I stated I might have slit my wrist to get attn a while back because i didnt cut myself the right way for me to kill myself..

I was sure taking 200 sleeping pills, 2 dixie cups of Jack Daniels and 32oz of beer in 5 minutes would have killed me.. Guess what I am still here.. So that didnt work, I was going to play with a gun to make sure i did the job right but fate ironically had my sister call me around the same time i did it.. since I have a conscience I didnt want here to hear what was going to happen.. because I cared... You see....

why don't you try helping someone that's in the same situation?you would be amazed at what you get back it may help heal your broken soul. Life isn't easy for any of us.........I'll say a prayer for you

You do know she is one of the few people on here that messaged me and has been talking to me since this post started.. right? She is a good person.. we have been talking about crap, nothing serious just chatting..

Some people do something more than others.. I protest the g20 while everyone bitches about it.. she is the same way just alot better than some..

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

I've been there too and know that we cannot see ourselves properly until the crises is past. I also know quite well that if we zap ourselves we later have another opportunity to rise above it. There is no escape from "cause and effect, karma, action and reaction or sin and punishment". If we can manage to buck up and fight it this time we win. If we cash out we just get in line to do it all over again.

Those are facts and they have nothing to do with any religion. In religions we get distortions of reality. When we climb higher than any religion can take us and look around we understand a lot more.

Don't do it. I know whereof I speak.

tt

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
This may be the only life we get. A good question to ask yourself if you're considering suicide is, would you rather feel something temporarily or feel nothing at all forever? No matter how messed up we are, our lives really are precious. Think about microscopic organisms and how they roam around in their microscopic world not even aware of the world they are a part of. In this world that they're a part of there are beings that can watch their world and are able to create, destroy, feel different emotions, share knowledge and care for one another. The fact that we are even capable of discussing suicide is amazing to me.

I think we should accept the flaws of humanity and expect less from humanity. We are all confused. We are all frustrated. We are all hurting.

edit on 8-11-2010 by ShnogTrip because: typo

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Did you read through my thread? I layed out everything basically that is making me the way I am.. I do not have self pity.. I stated I might have slit my wrist to get attn a while back because i didnt cut myself the right way for me to kill myself..

I was sure taking 200 sleeping pills, 2 dixie cups of Jack Daniels and 32oz of beer in 5 minutes would have killed me.. Guess what I am still here.. So that didnt work, I was going to play with a gun to make sure i did the job right but fate ironically had my sister call me around the same time i did it.. since I have a conscience I didnt want here to hear what was going to happen.. because I cared... You see....

Nothing "makes" you the way you are.
You choose to either be a product of your environment, or you choose
to become something else. The things I have been through I wouldn't wish
on anyone -including you and trust me, I've undoubtedly been through worse than you.

The fact is IF you really wanted to kill yourself, you would have already been dead.
Suicidal people don't live to cry for help, they just do it.
The fact you have tip toed around Suicide tells me you want help.

You keep basing your existence on interventions that are timely.
There is no fate.
The future is what you make of it.

Anyway you slice it you need to stop being Selfish.
However IF you really want to kill yourself you need to man up and

-talk to your sister, and tell her you've have enough and make arrangements.
-Do what you have to do in order to have enough money for your burial, don't let your
immediate family bear the burden of the financial cost you decided to put on them...
-Tell everyone who cares about you, reassure them it wasn't their fault and you just
want to move on with your death.

Even all of this will not erase their permanent destruction they will internalise
forever until they themselves die. They will always wonder what they could have done
different...they will always cry and feel responsible for YOUR selfishness.

Get rid of your ego.
Get rid of your pride.
Stop personally attaching yourself to your "feelings" because guess what?

Feelings lie.
The heart...lies.

People with high IQ's think with their intellect, not their emotions
AND these people are able to curb their emotions because they know
emotions are powerful and can easily distort many aspects of life, including death (hint)

There is nothing personal to take here.
I speak from DIRECT experience.

Love yourself.
Set goals for yourself.
Challenge yourself.
Be true to yourself (stop assuming you deserve #ty treatment)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Chinesis

sir, since you keep giving the OP unsolicited advice could you please tell us your qualifications to do so? I saw on page 6 you wrote you have no clothes, scrounge for food and shelter and had to give up your kid. This qualifies you to tell others how they should live or not live their life by telling them to just do it?

I wonder the karmic consequences of egging someone to kill themselves are, or as another poster typed- to take
another persons (criminal) life with them by killing them too.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
i was born with bilateral hip dysplasia which means my hip joint are slightly malformed... this slight malformity causes horrible sciatic nerve pain causeing me to be crippled for weeks at a time. I still have a full time job which i go to every day crippled or not. i cannot place into words the amount of pain that i feel every second of every day during those periods of nerve inflamation.

I take no medication and i have no help. i am mocked by those who simply cannot fathom why i limp sporaticly throughout the month.

So in closing.... Yes you should grow the &%*^ up and stop crying. Sadness is logical.... Life is infinite suffering, take it or leave it.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by LAinhabitant

sir, since you keep giving the OP unsolicited advice could you please tell us your qualifications to do so? I saw on page 6 you wrote you have no clothes, scrounge for food and shelter and had to give up your kid. This qualifies you to tell others how they should live or not live their life by telling them to just do it?

I wonder the karmic consequences of egging someone to kill themselves are, or as another poster typed- to take
another persons (criminal) life with them by killing them too.

Qualifications:
I should be dead.
I'm alive.
I love myself.
I love others.
I do not have expectations.
I do not take anything personal and always look to myself first above all else.
I've helped everyone single person who gave me a moment of their time.
I am responsible for saving a handful of lives based on my advice, and my intuition
to love people.

No one is egging anyone on. People need to face their problems head on.
Choosing to identify you're either wanting a solution or part of the problem is paramount
in resolution.

That post I made was allegorical in nature to further illustrate how
many many many people out there are so in need of things Thichead takes for granted.
There are people who can't breathe on their own, have no legs, arms....

My intent is for anyone who feels Suicidal to take a good look in the mirror.
Find solace in yourself, in what you like to do, what makes you happy.

My intentions are good 100%
While most if not all psychologists/psychiatrists are in it for prolonged
care in the form of $$$ my extensive experience with people allow me to
swiftly identify the problem and propose solutions.

It would be selfish of me to want someone to live because *I* said so.
We all need attention, love and most people want to be wanted, to belong somewhere
an innate calling to be a part of something-a family.

My father doesn't know what this means.
To him it means
-OBEY him or get beat
-respect is given to him 1st
-he is never wrong
-If he beats me showering me with gifts means he loves me.

His excuse:
-I do the best I can (not true) He does the best he can for himself first and foremost.
-I was never taught love, so it's not my fault (love is all around us) Love cannot coexist with

selfishness, remember that.

I have no beef with anyone, however when someone seeks to blame
someone, something else other than looking to themselves first for the catalyst/cause
I have an issue with that.
edit on 8-11-2010 by Chinesis because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-11-2010 by Chinesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Reply to: Everybody

So many great posts go completely unseen, based on the layout of these forums. I have no more to say regarding the OP. I just wish more of the posts with real value got the attention they deserve. However, they never will, because they just happened to lie at the bottom of a "thread page," whereas once the new page takes over, those posts fall into oblivion. I apologize to the few of you who are being screwed over by this factor, as you honestly don't deserve it. All words should be spread equally, and I'm sure if there was a way, ATS would have implemented it by now. It's a darn shame.

Cheers,
Strype
edit on 8-11-2010 by Strype because: Sp

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   

That is the whole point, The advice is for me, I read it.. and I believe i commented a couple times.. You goto another thread and start things.. here is the thing, I can either choose to accept you advice or throw it away.. because really in the beginning of this post I didnt ask for any advice I asked only a question on why people treat suicides the way they do..

In the end it is the people who post to give thier thoughts as they see fit.. If you find me ignoring you, meh what can I do about it..

I have read every post on this thread, believe me it has been draining for me to do so for the last couple days..

I have tried to answer everyone.. As I told you in the last thread I did this not for me, I did this for others who might be thinking about suicide.. This post only as me as an actor to show what someone who is suicidal is..
I have tried in the past, I never said i was never going to do it again, or i never said i would.. I let people see my thoughts my anger my history to get a clear image of who I am what i am and why I am.. That is it..

If you dont like how i am, there are 9 million other posts you can look at.. I am sure there is something else here you would be interested in..

I would like people do give thier advice and ask questions. If i have time or i feel its relivant i will answer thier questions.. WE all live our lives the way we see fit. I am chaotic, someone is calm, someone is rough.. As you stated before it is how we see things..

reply to post by Strype

And no I have read every post here.. Thank you for your thoughts.
edit on 11/8/2010 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by v3_exceed
Suicide is natural selection at its finest. Less of the self absorbed, whining, "poor me" group. More space and resources for the rest of society. When you self terminate you should expect people will ridicule your memory, why would you care? Do you really think funerals are for the deceased?

I have had plenty of relatives suicide, they were idiots. They never saw those few pleasures we earn in life. Seeing our grand kids, being there to help guide the young through the experience hard won within our own lives. Even the few good things that life begrudgingly sends our way are being tossed aside by these people.

I can't say how "tough" these other peoples lives were or were not. I know that it has been my experience that the people killing themselves aren't worth the time it takes to think about them. Everybody's life is tough. Everybody's life is painful. Sure it would be great if it wasn't, but it's up to each one of us to take up the effort to change things. Imagine if Edison said, "Damn it's dark, I'll just kill myself, so I don't have to fall down in this dark world."

..Ex

Thank you.

My brother offed himself a year ago this December. He had caught his wife screwing around...3 times! The last was with the male nurse of their special needs kid. I had a gut feeling something was up but my dad suggested that I leave him be (I guess he was wrong that time. No ones perfect).

Point being, why the hell did my brother not 86 the SOB banging his wife (or both of them)? How stupid can you get? The hell he put my parents through (it was only a couple of days after our mothers birthday) was too much!

He never considered his son either (obviously).

You bleeding hearts here (and the idiot OP) need to get real. Sure, there is some stuff in life that sucks! I lost 4 people in 8 months from june of last year to may of this one. Damn sure aint thinking of eating a bullet folks!

Life. Get the hell over it or at least be considerate of your exit! No holidays or birthdays thank you!

OH, and to the OP! Could you refrain from using P***Y? Its obvious you have issues but be considerate of the website

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   
If you have no loved ones or friends, is it still selfish to kill yourself? And how is it any less selfish to force someone to live a hopeless life because you want them to?

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chinesis

reply to post by shuck

The action I took against my dad was not wrong, it was revenge for an action he took.. actually serval actions over the years in my younger life.. I just paid him back for the bs he caused us...

But that 1 action I did cause alot of problems in my life that i cant fix or take back... So what i am saying on what you said is if suicide was a reset... I would take the action back of beating my father...

You are passing judgment on persons you know absolutely nothing about. Please stop.
You are coming across as judgmental, punitive, arrogant and angry.
Your personal insights are not pertinent in this situation; they may apply to you, but not to others.
Situations described here are very complicated, not cut and dried, not superficial.

You are blaming the victims. Please stop.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join