It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suicide And The Aftermath.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOracle

You are wrong, I heard in japan and chinese there is a higher rate of suicide than in the US.. probably china cause there are 4 times more people but still.. There is more people who suicide there than here.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
well

if you think suicide is an option, and dont care about everyone you left behind, then

why dont just change everything and go live something very different? get out of work, change everything in your life, you may like it

go to another country, whatever ... do something different if you dont care at all about everyone else or think they will be fine

but to kill yourself I mean, only if you have a disease or something

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by cowman

Then I come here to read a thread where people who live in free countries that have clean water, the ability to survive say they are prepared to kill themselves?

none magic, my friend
hard life makes reasons to live, to self-improvement.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by PETROLCOIN

chemical imbalance

sounds as mantra
don't you think starvation, cold, stresses... ain't about chemical imbalance?

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
So called civilization is a joke - I agree.
However, life (all life) is magnificent, beautiful, astonishing expression of matter and curiosity.

Who am I to kill billions of years of change, adaption, selection, evolution and a WILL to continue?
I would never kill life (me) only because I "feel" (sad, not needed, useless, pointless...) something.
I could do it only for a higher reason (saving another life/life form...)

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
all i suggest is to do it do it do it now men life aint worth a crap

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chinesis

Originally posted by ThichHeaded
I am very much into suicides (I have tried to do it in the past)

Why do people say the suicide was stupid, he could have thought of a better way. and so on and so forth, blaming the suicide for what happened.. I am curious to venture if anyone knows what its like to be on the edge of things to want to even contemplate that act? I am wondering why they wouldn't think to why the person would get to that point.. What made the person do what they did..

(1) Contrary to what you "feel" Suicidal thoughts are more common than you think.
-"Feelings" of inadequacy shape a FALSE and fantasy based world entirely on perception...

(2) Suicide is a permanent solution for a temporary problem.
-NOTHING is worth taking your own life over, period.
-*I* know what it is like to be on the edge, but then again...I should know.
-*I* put myself on that edge to begin with...Which brings me to my point:

Take Responsibility for your actions, perceptions, reactions and overall outlook on life.
Your questions in this portion are full of crying out for help and exemplifies your failure
at taking responsibility for your action(s) It's always easier to B-lame other people.

Taking your own life=being incessantly
-Seflish
-Narcissistic
-Fails to give a # for the permanent scarring you WILL put your family through.

-A mother and/or father being strict doesn't denote a loveless household.
-They do the best they can, and even if they didn't...It is NOT your fault.

Originally posted by ThichHeadedPeople say its a cowards way out, or they were being a pussy, or they gave up..

How do they know this? Do they know that living for some is way worse than going through the bullsh*t
They feel they are useless in this life, and that nobody can give a crap less on what happens to them..
They feel it is better to not be here than go through everyday torture of living a fake life that they don't even want.. They see things are broken and there is no way to fix it.
They look at life as a burden instead of a gift,
They have so much pain that the thought of death is a relief rather than a problem.
I think about suicide a couple times a day.. Honestly the only thing that keeps me here in this dark miserable life is the fact that I see a really cool sunset now and again..

Make zero mistake here...
LOOK at the above....Do you see how many THEYs are there?
To a suicidal person EVERYTHING is about THEM.

And THIS is the problem.
Too much sensitivity, not enough character/self confidence=underdeveloped children
that grow up and feel the entire world is against them (selfishness)

I've wanted to give up and take the Chicken # way out of life.
It's easier to QUIT than to struggle. Struggling (and all that encompasses it) build character....
And makes a boy become a man.

You need to learn you can only CONTROL what YOU can control.
Stop having silly expectations and focus on the important things in your life.

Originally posted by ThichHeadedMy question states this..

Why do people think a suicide is something they are not? I am sure they were going through more torture in life to even contemplate death..

If you dare make a thread like this you better be willing to back it up with truth...

So....

Do you have a mother? A father?
Do you have siblings, cousins?
Do you have any friends (I don't)
Do you choose to interact, or withdraw socially?
Do you have clothes on your back, food on the table and a roof over your head?
You obviously have some sort of Personal Computer AND the internet.
Do you play video games, have a console?
Do you have an ipod, a touch, a smartphone?

See, while you were busy being so infatuated with your #ty situation (you feel hurts you so much)
I'm out there...living on the cold pavement, begging for anyone to notice me, to shelter me
from the storm, the rain THE WORLD. I haven't my own clothes. I don't get to eat
what I want, and I don't ever get to eat daily. I don't have health insurance, I don't have a job.

I had to give up my son for adoption because I failed as a parent and could NOT provide
him with a stable/secure environment. I lack the capacity to love because I see
everyone out there with family, friends...smiling with one another as they pass me by...
oblivious to my yearning for their attention...

Quite frankly your feeling suck and need some adjustment proportionate to
your situation. I doubt you're suffering as much as someone with NOTHING, or
as someone who weighs 50lbs under due to malnutrition, has no shelter
and fears of a starvation based death.

There is always someone out there LESS fortunate than yourself and YOU
piss on their very existence IF you have much more than these kinds of people
yet you FAIL to push yourself, self motivate yourself and create confidence based on
yourself.

Confidence isn't about being born with it.
Confidence faces adversity and still looks at failure in the face and is determined
to supersede it with mind power.

It's all up to you.
The world sucks.
The world is beautiful.
The world becomes what YOU see it as.

If you want to kill yourself and you WANT to see only the # in the world...
You have missed out on how beautiful life can really be.

The fact of the matter is:
Suicidal people don't talk about it...They just do it.
They don't hold out for cool sunsets...

So, instead of taking your own life...
Why not sit down, and talk about it?
I'm willing to bet I can debunk EVERY single excuse a suicidal person can make

OP...
Why have you not read this or haven't responded?

I wrote this for you, took the time out of my life to honestly help you.
I've received PM's from people but I haven't seen a peep from you.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

would you like to expose at least one reason, for you, to commit suicide?

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Chinesis

Because the CT side of me is going to take over if I respond to you..
I thank you for posting what you did, but there are some things I dont understand.. Thats all.. I will leave it at that..

I do not want to derail this thread and would like it to stay on topic..

reply to post by SarK0Y

Why? I have given enough info in this thread to lay out the whys..

reply to post by Jess_Undefined

Thanks for the song. It was nice..
edit on 11/7/2010 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOracle

People living in developing countries dont have this suicide problem because they are not poisoned by this brainwashing. TV doesn't educate them. They have next to nothing, even tapwater is a luxury and they can never fathom the idea of killing themselves!

This is not true at all. You are stating a blind statement. Before you spew such nonsense, please do your research. Take a look....

Overall there are no data on suicide for more than half of the world's countries, most of which are developing countries in Asia, Africa and South America. Although data from African countries are lacking, there are isolated reports which indicate that suicidal behaviour occurs in these countries as well—studies have been published from Tanzania,10 Nigeria,11 Zimbabwe,12 Uganda,13 Egypt,14 and Ethiopia.15 One of the emerging causes of suicidal behaviour in African countries is HIV/AIDS, which needs to be recognized and managed effectively.

Source

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by loloxxx

Wow. That's very interesting. You seem to have created a profile just to post that lovely message to a man seriously contemplating killing himself. What a beautiful piece of literature you have written. That my friend, is one for the ages.

(In case you couldn't tell... That was my sarcastic voice.)

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by FIFIGI
So called civilization is a joke - I agree.
However, life (all life) is magnificent, beautiful, astonishing expression of matter and curiosity.

Who am I to kill billions of years of change, adaption, selection, evolution and a WILL to continue?
I would never kill life (me) only because I "feel" (sad, not needed, useless, pointless...) something.
I could do it only for a higher reason (saving another life/life form...)

Ideal Point

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Why? I have given enough info in this thread to lay out the whys..

choose, please, most reason... please

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by cowman
Either way, you can't tell me someone with this so called "chemical imbalance" depression, should instead sit on their ass, moping around instead of getting out, finding something they like, and trying to make things a little more manageable?

(1) Your petty assumption that *so-called* chemically imbalanced/depressed people
"Sit on their asses, and mope around." is in bad form.

The fact you state this means in fact you know little-nothing at all about the topic nor its attributes.
This doesn't mean a person who suffers from a clinically proven condition should
take thoughts to the extreme and harm/kill their self.

(2) Science isn't EXACT.
You talk as if you're thoroughly educated on the subject matter
just because you read it somewhere by an "authoritative" figurine.

I like to be proven wrong and since you hide behind an internet persona
only to denigrate the OP, and ANYONE who feels like him/her due to either delusional-based
depression OR chemical imbalances that cannot be corrected with Harry Potter's magical wand...

Please state your background or at least provide conclusive empirical data that exemplifies
your strong emotional opinions (which are as of yet UN-substantiated) Thanks.

The point is unless you KNOW everything there is to know
on the metaphysical and Science based facts with respect to mental illnesses you cannot
sit there and state you feel the OP's supposed depression can be solved by *trying* something new
or getting off of his ass or stop moping around.

I can unequivocally state that it is entirely due to people (like you) who have a false sense of entitlement
that again, *feel* compelled to have "THE" answer yet does not practice with a slow tongue
and doesn't exemplify compassion, empathy nor love... -This is the main reason why there are SO many
people like you and why I need a New Planet Earth. One that doesn't JUDGE people based on
how other people perceive things/the world. Life isn't easy but having people (like you) does nothing
good and breeds negativity.

This reason alone disqualifies you IF it is your desire to "help" anyone with
via a (passive aggressive ad hominem attack) which discredits any "supposed" mental illness
as a fraud the OP has to undoubtedly decided to use as a sympathy mechanism. (According to you) ?

In closing I couldn't imagine a person like you traveling to Africa.
Was it because you had to?

Why not tell these people to F'ing move where the food is? Then they wouldn't starve

edit on 7-11-2010 by Chinesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SarK0Y

The biggest reasons some suicides happen is because they feel they do not belong in this place..

Asberger's people have this issue constantly.. They can not be around people, they wear sunglasses so people do not see thier eyes, day or night(this is me)

People do not understand what life is like with someone who is screwed up.. Then again its all made up as some say.. so.. meh..

I honestly feel that I do not belong here in this life, I think that this life is not what it is supposed to be, from what i see to what i believe they are 2 different things...

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded
reply to post by SarK0Y

The biggest reasons some suicides happen is because they feel they do not belong in this place..

Asberger's people have this issue constantly.. They can not be around people, they wear sunglasses so people do not see thier eyes, day or night(this is me)

People do not understand what life is like with someone who is screwed up.. Then again its all made up as some say.. so.. meh..

I honestly feel that I do not belong here in this life, I think that this life is not what it is supposed to be, from what i see to what i believe they are 2 different things...

Are you purposefully ignoring my posts?
Just let me know man. I don't want to put time and effort into helping someone that doesn't want help.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Throughout reading this thread I have seen people offering a helping hand, a shoulder to cry on, a family to become friends with and create fun memories with and many viable solutions to some of the woes you may be experiencing. I do not know you or your troubles but it seems to me that if you were willing to kill yourself then it wouldn't matter in the least bit to take one of these offers up and see what happens. Perhaps the real meaning of your life lies on a horse ranch in Michigan. Maybe a hospital near you is in serious need of volunteers for a couple of hours a day. If you take a chance and help change a few peoples lives for the better maybe you will notice some changes in your own life.

I really don't want to preach to you but I have been there and it does get better. It won't get better on it's own though. You have posted about seeing so many therapists and trying different things to help yourself. The way you express it though makes it seem like you didn't really want any of the help to work for you. Take a chance and go out and really give it the old college try. I can tell you think differently but their really are a lot of wonderful and trustworthy people out there. They won't find you unless you are ready to be found.

Forgot to post...if youhappen to live in the bay area I'd be more than happy to meet up and enjoy a drink with you and shoot the s#*t about the B.S That life throws at us.
edit on 7-11-2010 by IllMannered because: Forgot to add.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I have not read any of the replies yet because I wanted to reply before I got pissed off. I wish that I could say that I don't know what you are talking about, but I do all too well.
Suicide is not a coward's way out. However, it is the most selfish act a human can commit. Regardless of our life experiences, good, bad, or indifferent, there is someone that cares about us. When we take our own lives we leave someone behind with massive guilt and hurt. I would like to make two other points:
Suicide is the final "oops". There are no "do overs", repairs/fixes, corrections, etc. Life can change. At the age of 54, my life has been a series of ups and downs and is always changing. I'm sure you have heard the saying "this too shall pass", it is true. If there is one thing that you can count on in life is that it will change.
The second point I would like to make is the question of the "after life". Personally, I do not fear death, I fear judgement. Yes, I believe in God, judgement, heaven and hell. Let's say that you don't agree and that is fine. To be comfortable with the idea of suicide, you would have to believe that when you die you are just worm food. I cannot come to that conclusion regardless of how I slice it. We are too complex and intricate, as is the world and all of life to be some type of evolutionary accident. Having said that, there has to be something after this life is over and you have to ask yourself, "what impact would suicide have on that life"?
Obviously, I don't have the answer, but I do know that suicide is not the answer either.
Wait, hold on, endure, this too shall past.
Seeashrink

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Guido the Killer Pimp

Life sucks...and then you die. The point is that EVERYBODY feels useless and depressed and unhappy at times. In fact, moments of true happiness are few and far between. The problem I have with suicides is dependant on where they come from. For most people living in North America, life is good. This is truly the land of opporunity, where you can work your nine to five and then shut yourself away from the world if that is what makes you content. Suicides are usually simply not content with what they have, and it's because so many others seem to have so much more. But these are simply material things, unimportant in the grand scheme of the universe. Happiness does not come from "fitting in", nor does it come with money and objects. True happiness comes from learning to feel comfortable with who and what you are. You don't have to live and fake life, and anybody who tells you differently is simply unable to grasp the concept of standing up straight and being proud for being you.

The World owes you nothing. You owe yourself, and to give up on life because it's too hard is something I cannot fathom. Yes, existance on this planet is definatley not the easiest thing in the world but LIFE is the most natural, innate thing that there is. Find contentment wherever you can...cease dwelling on the negative, for it is an anchor. Instead, focus on the positive things around you, even if they are few and far between. Suicide is a selfish act, because it does not just affect the individual who does the deed. Anybody who cared about that person is forever changed and scarred by the loss. Those left behind inevitably blame themselves, either for somthing they did or something they failed to do. And those people carry that personal hell around with them for the rest of their natural lives.

GtkP

I repeat : if life is so difficult for lots of people it's not the fault of the people, it's the system !!! what kind of system do we live in ??? stress all over, materialistic, selfish, $$$ greed, bad food ( + GMO's poison from our well known Monsanto sorcerers, playing with life ... ), only production, production, production ... performance always .. no zen attitude, no real love, too much stupid sex all around, with animals, with everything, you do not even ask for it but you get it in the face, reality shows where people are ridiculized, stupidity all around, FOX news with lies all over, 9/11 with deceiving all around, yes, we live in a world that can make people depressiv and it's very understandible !!! so fight for a better society, a warm society where children do not die from hunger or from not having the money to go to the doctor, fight for a world of justice, fight for real values not the ones based on Hummers and $$$$ and Rolex .....
suicide is an answer to leave this bullsh-t, but not the good one, so first of all fight against depression, eat good food, try to make friends, try to do lots of what you like the most, but also fight for a better society, not a false valued one, fight Monsanto for example ( see the thread about French people destroying GMO's in France and elsewhere ... ) : I am sure you will not want to suicide because you will want to fight not only for yourself but for all of us here on this little planet in the sun ....

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join